Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 2008 Resolutions...making them happen
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic 2008 Resolutions...making them happen Next Topic  

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2007 :  1:14:04 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
I came across a great idea to have a fabulous 2008. Instead of the usual oh just lose weight or get organized, I am making a list of 10 things that are my priorities and being specific in what I want to do.
Example:
1) Lose weight- walk, swim, weights, get rid of junk food in house on Jan. 5th, read labels, develope 10 healthy, quick dishes.

or something to that affect...The specifics are actually there to make you see what you are doing and have a clue instead of something just thrown out there. Does anyone want to join me? I am still working on mine but will get them posted as soon as I can. Also, you keep the list posted and cross off things as you do them. Only when you have done ALL 10, can you move onto something else. Part of this is to stop us crazy gals from running around like chickens with our heads cut off and focus and get things done.

Cheers,
Heather

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2007 :  1:35:58 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Now, this is just a rought draft, so please bear with me...
1. Less time online/tv- email/school only. MJ’s, Posie, walk slowly websites once a week. Bills as come due.
2. Health!! Health!! Health!!! Walking/hiking, swimming, weights….. Lots of water!!!!
Rid house of JUNK FOOD!!! ALL JUNK FOOD!!!! LOSE 70 lbs by June 1. Make a list of healthy food allowed in house, read labels… NO MORE STARBUCKS!!!!
I will not be weighing myself…I don’t like to get hung up on numbers…this is more about being in “tune” with HOW I am feeling, more than what I look like…
Vegetarian- come up with at least 10 new, healthy recipes
Get a complete medical check up April 1- Pap, blood work, weight, breast, etc
Get moles checked/removed.
Get BETTER sleep. Get on a schedule, no more erratic time schedules.
Keep up on braces- flossing, brushing, and teaching good oral hygiene to my son.
3. Put perfection (without being obsessed) into everything and TRULY get organized. Limiting things to do will produce better results and let me enjoy the process more....
NO more procrastinating. Get addresses/phone number updated and stored in 3 separate places. Birthdays and Anniversaries.
Organize computer items especially photos, make a back up of them.
Make copies of all important documents (2 copies each)
Donate at LEAST 3 garbage bags of items (send to WA people)
Streamline beauty routine- hair, makeup, skin and all the “Stuff” that goes with it..
Organize so I can let Charlie run free- our house is always on the brink of disaster- need to figure out what works for us.
Move household cleaners to higher shelf. Put pots and pans under sink : )
4. Limit projects- Charlie/family photos, aprons, 1 unfinished cross stitch, stuffed animal for Charlie’s/DH’s birthday, Christmas items .
5. Read more books, take walks, teach, love, laugh more with Charlie and Scott. Plan inexpensive day trips- look for coupons. Explore and teach
6. Tweak clothing, find MY style and stop flip flopping… If I want clothes, GO to store and try them on. Limit budget to $75 a month for clothes. Simple but tailored, streamlined. Black, turquoise, white, pops of pink…(overalls included on this list…: ) ) No more online shopping unless I absolutely know what I exactly want and that it fits….Keep in mind I will be in Texas in one year- weather appropriate and comfortable.
7. Get out of debt. Truly put heart and soul into this. Be out of debt by the time we leave for Texas. No more using CC’s !!! Pay off smaller bills first, then larger ones, find items to sell, Budget for decorating is limited to $25 a month. Find bargains, coupons, inventory what I do have so I do not buy more and use it up and wear it out before buying more… No more online shopping, check for returnable items right after Christmas.
8. Keep is simply Silly!!!! Smile more, laugh even more,
9. Step out of my box-
Learn to swim better and UNDER water
Wear a bikini to beach for first time in ….oh…..long time…..
(These first 2 are so I can teach my son to swim and be proud to go in the water with him and not embarrassed and sitting the sidelines missing the fun)
Keep hair cut trimmed and neat- be proud of my beauty, do not conform
Take better care of my feet (If you have seen my feet, you would understand)
Get back to the outdoors/camping again.
Make 4 new friends
10. Get job and wait on college, for now, to decide what I want to do. I am burnt out and need a fresh perspective. New ideas and adventures are always good for clearing the mind and opening up to new possibilities.

It may look like a lot, but a few things are jobs that would take a day or so to do and I can cross them off, leaving time for the bigger or more ongoing items. I am already working on a few now...

Anyone want to join me?

Cheers,
Heather
Go to Top of Page

vintagegrl
True Blue Farmgirl

280 Posts

Jeanette
NH
USA
280 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2007 :  03:27:30 AM  Show Profile
Uh, ok I want to do the following for 2008:

1. Take more dance classes - this will have a twofold effect: fun way to become fit, will lose weight as well

2. Will become more mindful of what I eat: more vegetables, more cooking at home,etc.

3. Will allocate funds to pay off MY debts, grown sons will now have to stand on their own and pay their own way as much as possible, no more "bailing them out" or paying for their expenses

4. Organize home, have been slowly donating extraneous items to worthy charities, will continue to do so with the goal of paring down on possessions, will have only what I absolutely LOVE in my home.

5. Will enjoy life, my main goal is to learn the art of equanimity, defined as: mental or emotional stability or composure, esp. under tension or strain; calmness; equilibrium. This will become easier as I realize I can't fix everything or help everyone, that I must now put myself first, that now is the time to say goodbye to relationships that have not been working.

This list is a work in progress.

Go to Top of Page

mima
True Blue Farmgirl

1573 Posts

1573 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2007 :  06:03:26 AM  Show Profile
Good for you Heather!!! But GASP! never get rid of flip flops!!!!As a born and raised in So Cal girl-thats My only shoe-except trashed 5 year old danskos for work!!!!
Mine this year is also like yours:
Stop spending!!!!!
AND Really work on my Maryjane badges:
Go Green
Community service
and become really good at something in stitchery-most likely embroidery!!!
Many hugs and good luck on the veg diet! Just got my new copy of"Skinny B---- In The Kitch" Looks like lots of great fun vegan recipes! Hugs!

"No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars,or sailed to an uncharted land or opened a new heaven to the human spirit." Helen Keller
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2007 :  07:14:05 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
OH Debi!! I am keeping the "Flip flops" Just stope Flip flopping on my choices- make my decision and stick with it...HA!!! Good laugh this morning...

Cheers,
Heather
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2007 :  07:36:38 AM  Show Profile
Yep...I've been formulating a list, but the "usual suspects" aren't on it this time!!!

1. IF we get a bonus, do NOT use it for crap (i.e, clothes, fun, whatever)...get a coat, which is desperately needed, and put the rest up in a savings account. Add to it every each payday, even if it's only $20.00.

2. Plan and save for a vacation. We've never gone anywhere.

3. Get the back bedroom and study done and finalize "new" ideas for living room and dining room

4. Get the new garden plot organized and do my seed orders from seed savers and Baker's Creek to get heirloom variety.

5. Look into a root cellar. Sounds crazy, but instead of my creepy basement, I'm going to see what the viability is of building on underground like my nanny had in Kansas.

6. Have even more green solutions for our household and the way we live

7. Eat less meat.

That's it so far...I'm sure I'll come up with others, but most of them fall within the general specifics of this list.

Farmgirl Sister #80, thanks to a very special farmgirl from the Bluegrass..."She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
http://www.buyhandmade.org/
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic 2008 Resolutions...making them happen Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page