Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Anyone been to Heartease in Cambria?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Anyone been to Heartease in Cambria? Next Topic  

mima
True Blue Farmgirl

1573 Posts

1573 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2007 :  6:50:44 PM  Show Profile
My hubby and I are going to go back tomorrow morning! Its the most darling garden store ever!!! They have all these little theme gardens in the back-full if fairies and roses and herbs! We decided to rototill up our backyard grass and copy the store's yard-so tomorrow we photograph it! We'll probably also walk along Moonstone Beach!!! What a wonderful name for wonderful place! makes me think of what I imagine Avalon to look like!!!

"No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars,or sailed to an uncharted land or opened a new heaven to the human spirit." Helen Keller

Mountain Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

JoAnn
Colville Washington
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2007 :  7:43:00 PM  Show Profile
Me, Me, Me. I stumbled upon it many years ago. I had read about it and clipped articles about it for years. My husband had meetings in Montery. After they were over we drove down the coast. We drove as far and Cambria. We registered at a motel and strolled around town and there was Heart's Ease and it was closed!! I roamed the outside gardens. We had to drive back the next day. I told Jim WE COULD NOT LEAVE until I got to go inside. So right when they were open I was there. It was charming. Wish I could go again. Sharon Lovejoy was the owner. She has written several wonderful herbal books. Have fun. JoAnn
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2007 :  9:09:16 PM  Show Profile
Yes yes yes!! For the first time, gosh at least 15 years ago..I saw it in Country Living mag. the first time it was written up. (I have been there like 84,000 times since, although not in the past 2 or 3 years) I just LOVE cambria!! I used to sell my hooked rugs at a tiny shop called Finnie McClure's there in Cambria..the owner was best friends with Sharon Lovejoy..the one who originally opened Heartsease. I met her (Sharon) a couple times..and even met Susan Branch there at a booksigning once. Alot of memories and alot of my favorite plants and books came from there!! My boys used to just roll their eyes when I said we were off to CAmbria..fun for me..not so much for them..haha. I agree...Sharon's books are wonderful! I have them all.
Have fun Debi!! I am jealous!

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Shirley
True Blue Farmgirl

734 Posts

Shirley
Olympia Wa
USA
734 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2007 :  11:43:41 PM  Show Profile
Where is this cool place? I want to see it toooooooooooo!!!
Theres a Cambria in Italy, is that the one?
Go to Top of Page

mima
True Blue Farmgirl

1573 Posts

1573 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2007 :  02:57:04 AM  Show Profile
Shirley! we are right down the coast from you in California!!! And Jenny! Next time you come lets meet up there-okay! Hugs!!!

"No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars,or sailed to an uncharted land or opened a new heaven to the human spirit." Helen Keller
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2007 :  11:49:04 AM  Show Profile
YES!! I am all for it...
Shirley..I grew up up an hour south of this wonderful place on the central coast of Calif.

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

La Patite Ferme
True Blue Farmgirl

623 Posts

Jenn
CA
USA
623 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2007 :  9:41:31 PM  Show Profile
Debi,

I thought I had been to every garden shop in Cambria a million times, but I've never heard of this one. Where is it? I usually go to the Garden Shed, on the main drag, west, a few blocks from that gas station on the west edge of town.

OR is it the nursery up by Cambria Pines Lodge? Gotta know.

We may day trip there between Christmas and New Year.
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2007 :  9:55:12 PM  Show Profile
I'd love to see photos Debi... when you get them.

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
visit me at:
http://gardengoose.blogspot.com/
and at www.stliving.net
you can also check out my etsy shops at:http://GardenGooseGifts.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

mima
True Blue Farmgirl

1573 Posts

1573 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2007 :  06:07:52 AM  Show Profile
Well...the best laid plans......I got a call at 6:45 to come into work ASAP yesterday AND I have no boundaries so I couldn't say no!! My hubby was NOT happy-So there went my day off! But it is raining now! Yeah!!
Anyway! Jennifer! Its not far from that Garden store on the main drag! Its on one of the side streets-right next to Robin's restaurant!!! Ya gotta find it! It's in an old house!!! Charming! Hugs!

Go to Top of Page

La Patite Ferme
True Blue Farmgirl

623 Posts

Jenn
CA
USA
623 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2007 :  11:02:57 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Debi. I know exactly where you are talking about. I love Robin's - their South African lamb dish is to die for. I think I've been to the store just didn't remember the name.

Sorry you had to go into work. I'd rather be garden shopping too. Just remember - If you don't answer the phone they can't find you.

Cheers to you.
Go to Top of Page

mom2knk
True Blue Farmgirl

321 Posts

Blanche
So Cal
321 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2007 :  12:57:00 PM  Show Profile
I've been there many times as well.......we love Cambria and my fingers are crossed that dh will take me up there next month for my birthday!!!
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2007 :  9:19:52 PM  Show Profile
Hey Debie,
I am scratching my goofey little brain,,,is Cambria about a hop-skip & a jump frpm Paso Robles?
If it is the one I'm thinking of, then yes, I have been to it. They have/had a great resturant called Linn's (Lynn's?) that made wonderful pies(but I heard they had a fire last year). They also have a really cool & quaint store that sells all kinds of wonderful hats and Brighton handbags(my personal favorite).
Cambria is like the smallest town I have ever seen!
Sorry your plans got derailed, but look at it this way, now you have an excuse to go there on a truly sunny day and then sneak over to Paso for some wine trasting.
hugz,

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
mjf#72
Sisters on the Fly#472
www.katmom4.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

La Patite Ferme
True Blue Farmgirl

623 Posts

Jenn
CA
USA
623 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2007 :  08:37:46 AM  Show Profile
Grace,

Lynn's did have a fire, but the last time I was there (Feb 2007) it looked like they were rebuilding. In Feb. DD and I go up the coast to see the Sea Lion colony just north of Hearst Castle. We stop in Cambria on the way up to get gas and on the way back to shop. Now that's an area I would like to have a little farm - foothills on one side and ocean on the other.
Go to Top of Page

mima
True Blue Farmgirl

1573 Posts

1573 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2007 :  9:17:49 PM  Show Profile
we'll have to meet up Jennifer! i'm in camariilo all the toime! my dd lives there!! I love going to whole foods in T.O.!

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2007 :  10:06:47 PM  Show Profile
oh sure, Mima & Jen, now that I am up here,(WA) I can't meet up w/you two... bummer!
Jen, Paso Robles is also a neat place, with all the wine vineyards.
DH & I would go up to Paso nearly every year for the wine fest. Our favorite is Opolo Vineyards, while there we would sneak over to Cambria and then on down to Moro Bay. That whole area is awesome.
Debi, I sooooo miss Whole Foods as well as Trader Joes, but I hear tell that both T.J. & W.F. are looking into the same piece of property up here so who knows, maybe by mid 2008 we might get one or the other. Till then I am keeping my fingers & eyes crossed.
I had always wanted to have a small 10 acre lavender farm in Paso or Cambria but short of winning the lottery it is just a dream.
Hugz to you both.

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
mjf#72
Sisters on the Fly#472
www.katmom4.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Anyone been to Heartease in Cambria? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page