Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Only TRUE farmgirls would appreciate this...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Only TRUE farmgirls would appreciate this... Next Topic  

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2007 :  10:28:45 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
I got a 1940's wall mounted ironing board with the case it was mounted on the wall for FREE...the ironing board is wooden and in PERFECT condition. The paint is peeling off and probably is lead based, so DH is going to carefully strip it for me. It even has the metal insert at the bottom to I assume vent.

I would take a pic but I don't know how to upload on here..I will try later.

I am actually going to use it as my ironing board once we clean it up and mount it. I have to cut out some foam and make a cover for it...I AM SO EXCITED!! I have been SO blessed this month...

I have to go gather up some stuff to send off to Washington State for the floods...since I have been so lucky!!!

Cheers,
Heather

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2007 :  10:30:04 AM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
I bet its beautiful! Cant wait to see pictures

Mama to 2
Your FreckleFaced Farm Girl!!
FarmGirl# 20

http://myfarmdreams.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2007 :  10:32:58 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
....I must be stalking ya....watching everything ya say today...LOL
irnoning board sounds great! Very smart of them to make one that is out of the way.

Happy Holidays to my FARMGIRL sisters!
farmgirl #71 Linda in PA
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2007 :  10:41:05 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Oh LINDA!!! You crack me up!!!

Cheers,
Heather
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2007 :  11:11:16 AM  Show Profile
H.
how cool is that!!! to find an 1940's wall mount iron board. My Aunt who lived in a little 1930's farm house had one in her kitchen(tucked behind a cupboard door). I always thought it was the coolest thing. Bets the heck out of lugging a metal ironing board out of the closet when you just want to touch up a collar!!!

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
mjf#72
Sisters on the Fly#472
www.katmom4.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2007 :  12:00:02 PM  Show Profile
I had one that was built into the wall in our kitchen, but it had to be removed to make way for the refrigerator when we renovated:( There was no room for a fridge anywhere else, so it had to go. I miss that ironing board to this day! You will enjoy having it.
Go to Top of Page

kissmekate
True Blue Farmgirl

890 Posts

Kate
Delano Minnesota
890 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2007 :  3:55:53 PM  Show Profile
How cool.
I didn't find a wall one, which wouldn't work at my house anyways, but I did find a wood stand up one for five bucks at the local "occassional" sale. I haven't figured out what to do with it yet. Mine has no paint left on it, but it was very well made and is still very sturdy.

Don't miss out on a blessing, just because it isn't packaged the way you expected. ~MaryJo Copeland
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Only TRUE farmgirls would appreciate this... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page