Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2007 :  08:39:30 AM  Show Profile
Well, after six months in my rented garage for my "Past Blessings Junk Warehouse" sales, I realized it was time to move . . . no bathrooms is just a problem for me when I have to sit there for 10 hours! LOL! And though the garage was heated, it had no windows, which meant the 16 foot door had to be open the entire sale, which of course means I am trying to heat all of Spokane county. Anyway, I had put in my notice that I was leaving and was sadly thinking I was going to have to go to a mini-storage unit until Spring. But one day, as we were driving back from looking at the old Mica Grange (for sale, but needs a lot of work and I am not sure if we are ready to buy yet . . .) we drove past the cutest little old building with a "for rent" sign. It is right on Dishman-Mica, which is a busy road, so I good location for my sales. In talking to the owners, it was originally a schoolhouse. It looks like a small grange . . . a simple white building with a bright red metal roof. Very sweet. Anyway, the price is really good, so I rented it and will open for business in January. The one drawback is it is only for a year. They plan to tear it down and build mini-storage units!! Yipes! I am hoping to find a lot and be able to move it. It would be sad for this sweet little old schoolhouse to be destroyed.

Sadly, the inside was "updated" in the 1970s, which to me undid most of it's original charm. If I ever get the opportunity to own it, I will try to bring it back to its original state. There is a huge library of photos in the basement of the museum that I will check into. They have pics of most historic buildings, so there may be an interior shot of what it was originally. But in the meantime, I do have permission to paint it however I want. Right now it is this cold bluish-white with fluorescent lights, so it looks very "officish".

Anyway, I am excited about the possibilities. I will still do my big sales every few weeks, with hand painted furniture along with all my antiques and "needful things", but I will also do lots of small unadvertised sales, to help out financially. The best thing is that this is on the road I drive on everyday with all my trips to school for the boys. Since I spend three hours driving them everyday out of district, it is nice to have a "halfway house" to stop in at!

Once I get it "cutesified" (I don't know why that word isn't in Websters . . .) I will post pics.

Hugs & blessings,

Brenda

Past Blessings . . . Celebrating Life as it used to be . . . when people loved God, loved their families and loved their country.

MasterGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

572 Posts

Chandra
Louisiana
USA
572 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2007 :  10:35:48 AM  Show Profile  Send MasterGardener a Yahoo! Message
How fun! Congratulations! I hope you'll be able to buy your sweet building and move it! Visualize it & make it happen!

.• ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.•´ .•´¨¨))
((¸¸.•´ ..• -:¦:- -:¦:- Chandra
-:¦:- ((¸¸.•´Farmgirl Sister #64

She considereth a field, and buyeth it; with the fruit of her hands she planteth a vineyard.
Proverbs 31:16
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2007 :  1:19:48 PM  Show Profile
Oh Brenda, it looks like things are falling into place. It would be great to be able to keep the building. Maybe.................one never knows. MB

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

Farmtopia
True Blue Farmgirl

1465 Posts

Zan
New York New York
USA
1465 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2007 :  06:59:39 AM  Show Profile
Congrats Brenda :D

~*~Dream all you dreamers~*~

www.bigtownfarmer.com