Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Neighbor Dog Barking ARRGGG
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Neighbor Dog Barking ARRGGG Next Topic  

chicken necker
True Blue Farmgirl

509 Posts

Sherry
Eastern Shore Maryland
USA
509 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2007 :  4:34:12 PM  Show Profile  Send chicken necker an AOL message
This is getting ridiculous! I moved to the Eastern Shore to get away from all of the annoying noises amongst other things. I wanted to enjoy my home and yard, what little of it I could afford. Now, I grew up on a farm and am used to normal noises of animals, dogs included. But really! This neighbor has two little terriers and apparently he must be deaf and ignorant. They bark all day every day constantly when they are left in the yard. They leave them out there all the time even when they are home. I know this, because I finally got sick of it and thinking they were not home and aware of this, I wrote a note (very polite) and walked over and stuck it in their door. They were home and I saw them through the door window. I'm a massage therapist and I work from home. I end up playing "relaxing" music at a volume that is not "relaxing" at all just to drown out the sound of the dogs yapping. The note, explaining my situation, worked for about a week, then it started right back up again. I've called the county and they told me they can't do anything because the noise ordinance is only in effect from 11pm to 5am. I have a dog of my own but he only barks if someone rings the door bell! I don't know what to do, short of murder.... and it really is that bad!

I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by. ~anon
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Neighbor Dog Barking ARRGGG Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page