Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Ok, well I know I shouldn't have...but....
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Ok, well I know I shouldn't have...but.... Next Topic  

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2007 :  1:01:05 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
I was out running some errands and saw this store called "World Market". Now I am not much of a shopper, prefer to find my "junk" in an old used store, dumpsters, yard sales, etc...but OH MY!!! I was in love once I walked in. I bought this cute little teddy bear made from what looks like an orange and brown striped sweater, one of thos pretty paper lanterns and some Rasperry syrup for my cocoa. OH MY!! OH MY!!! OH MY!! I think I browsed every aisle and thing in that store. They have chinese, japanese, indian, beachy, french, italian,,,,you name it, they have the style or something like it. Oh my!!!

PHEW!!I am tired....

Cheers,
Heather

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2007 :  1:10:51 PM  Show Profile
Heather, that's one of my sil's favorite stores. Most of their furniture comes from there or Pottery Barn...I've only been in once because the store we have is about 30 miles from us and I just don't get to "Ohio" that often ;), but it was cool, if I remember correctly, and it did have a lot of nifty stuff. Lots of foodie items, too.

Farmgirl Sister #80, thanks to a very special farmgirl from the Bluegrass..."She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
http://www.buyhandmade.org/
Go to Top of Page

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2007 :  1:11:56 PM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
That sounds great dont you love it when you find great things. Here are my "shouldnthaves"for today. A James TaylorCD, came with 2 discs and a DVD. And then I went to a Wall paper store here, and got some Border with An old Singer machine with aquilt and some other really pretty things on it, a thimble needles pinkeep. Very pretty. AndI also got aPepermin tMocha, SHAME on me. Heather does getting all excited make you tired too?

Mama to 2
Your FreckleFaced Farm Girl!!
FarmGirl# 20

http://myfarmdreams.blogspot.com/

Edited by - Firemama on Dec 12 2007 1:29:14 PM
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2007 :  1:13:59 PM  Show Profile
My only "shame on me" was a half a slice of peppermint cheesecake with crushed candy canes and whipped cream from Martha Jeanne's (the little lunch spot my mom and I eat at every Wednesday). She does a halfa halfa halfa special (cup of soup, half a sandwich and half a dessert). It was FABULOUS.

Farmgirl Sister #80, thanks to a very special farmgirl from the Bluegrass..."She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
http://www.buyhandmade.org/
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2007 :  1:39:37 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
I was literally GIDDY walking through the store. I kept crashing into things with my cart because I wanted to stop and look but my feet kept moving. Tee-hee-hee!! The foods,,,oh the foods!!! I think I went on store overload (can you tell I don't shop much!!) I had to stop and get some water at the store next door aftewards- that an a cookie....and some hot cocoa mix!! LOL

OH JONNI- can you send me some of that cheesecake? OH MY!!!

Cheers,
Heather
Go to Top of Page

bohemiangel
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Bridget
Ligonier pa
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2007 :  3:30:04 PM  Show Profile  Send bohemiangel an AOL message  Click to see bohemiangel's MSN Messenger address  Send bohemiangel a Yahoo! Message
I've never been to one of those...sounds like good stuff! I love flavored syrup!!!

**~~Farmgirl Sister #60~~**
"... to thine ownself be true."
http://liggygirl.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2007 :  4:22:30 PM  Show Profile
World Market used to be Cost Plus. I love that store! I buy things like a huge jar of Mediterrian mixed olives (I mean this sucker is big!) for $10, cookies from around the world, etc. And at Christmas they have the most wonderful decorations. I always buy Advent wreaths there every year for my kids, even though the oldest one just turned 40 (Brrrr). I also love Home Goods. They just opened a new one next to Ikea. Sigh....

Farmgirl hug,
Patricia
Proud Farmgirl Sister #19

check out my etsy site http://ThePlayfulFarmgirl.etsy.com

Take me home, country roads
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2007 :  7:54:36 PM  Show Profile
Heather,
yep, I too am very familiar with it!!!! I buy my German cookies as well as my bottled "Gluhwein" there.
We have one here in Spokane!
They also carry "Mrs Myers" products.

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
mjf#72
Sisters on the Fly#472
www.katmom4.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Ok, well I know I shouldn't have...but.... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page