Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Chapters
 Farmgirl Chapter Chatter
 Any Farm Girl Chapters in Louisiana
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic Any Farm Girl Chapters in Louisiana Next Topic
Page: of 3

Linda Houston
True Blue Farmgirl

538 Posts

Linda
Lake Charles Louisiana
USA
538 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2005 :  1:35:56 PM  Show Profile
Are there any Farm Girl Chapters in Louisiana ?

jillofalltrades
True Blue Farmgirl

90 Posts

Nicole

USA
90 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2005 :  1:49:27 PM  Show Profile  Click to see jillofalltrades's MSN Messenger address  Send jillofalltrades a Yahoo! Message
Hi Linda,
I'm trying as we speak to recruit local farmgirls. We live in north louisiana though. Maybe there is a list of chapters somewhere.

~Nicole
www.thelazydeaux.com
Go to Top of Page

Linda Houston
True Blue Farmgirl

538 Posts

Linda
Lake Charles Louisiana
USA
538 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2005 :  5:13:09 PM  Show Profile
If we get a chapter going in La. I will be willing to drive to meet with everyone. I don't know if anyone has a master list of chapters. I am new and each day I learn more about this site...I love it !!

Let me know if you hear or see anything.

Linda
Go to Top of Page

jillofalltrades
True Blue Farmgirl

90 Posts

Nicole

USA
90 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2005 :  11:55:35 AM  Show Profile  Click to see jillofalltrades's MSN Messenger address  Send jillofalltrades a Yahoo! Message
I created a LA Farmgirl Blog to try and get us together at least online for now. If the two of you are interested in joining please contact me. I will have to add you as members to the blog so you can post there. For now we can post our projects, pictures, and what we are up to. I'm open to suggestions. If you see any other LA farmgirls please tell them about it too.
http://farmgirlsoflouisiana.blogspot.com/

~Nicole
www.thelazydeaux.com
Go to Top of Page

Cindylou
Farmgirl at Heart

243 Posts

Cindylou
Moscow Idaho
243 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2005 :  10:20:45 AM  Show Profile
Cherished Chapter Leaders and all the forum farmgirls at heart!

MaryJane and all of us gals here at the farm are exploding with pride. You all take such good care of each other! There are now 108 MaryJanesFarm Farmgirl Chapter Leaders representing almost every state, including two in Canada and one in New Zealand! The unofficial apron society is beginning to spread its wings, farmgirl style!! Thank you all for your contagious enthusiasm!

It seems a little bit like the cart before the horse! The chapters took off first and now we need a way to find each other! We are burning the midnight oil getting everything set up on the website. There will be an online chapter leader sign-up, a neighboring farmgirl chapter leader search, a newsletter archive, a farmgirl barter, a farmgirl campout convention listing, and a traveling journal section all in one place! It’ll be up and running soon!

MaryJane will also offer a Farmgirl Barter ~ similar to finding articles on e-bay! Thank you for your patience!!

sunnily yours,
MaryJane's Left-Hand Farmgirl
Cindylou
cindylou@maryjanesfarm.org
Go to Top of Page

TheSoapMaven
True Blue Farmgirl

691 Posts

Susan
LA
USA
691 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2005 :  2:15:08 PM  Show Profile  Send TheSoapMaven a Yahoo! Message
Looks like I might be a meeting point! I am kinda in the middle of the state...a little west but let me know if I can help make some plans!

Susan
Proprietress of Dahlem's Soapworks http://www.thesoapmaven.com

Go to Top of Page

jillofalltrades
True Blue Farmgirl

90 Posts

Nicole

USA
90 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2005 :  3:40:29 PM  Show Profile  Click to see jillofalltrades's MSN Messenger address  Send jillofalltrades a Yahoo! Message
Great Susan! If you have your open house we could try and meet for the first time then. Anything sooner wouldn't work for me as we are in the process of moving to our farm.

~Nicole
www.thelazydeaux.com
http://farmgirlsoflouisiana.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Linda Houston
True Blue Farmgirl

538 Posts

Linda
Lake Charles Louisiana
USA
538 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2005 :  4:55:00 PM  Show Profile
This sounds great. I am willing to travel wherever. I will go to any length to meet with you farmgirls.

Linda H.
Go to Top of Page

TheSoapMaven
True Blue Farmgirl

691 Posts

Susan
LA
USA
691 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2005 :  6:46:49 PM  Show Profile  Send TheSoapMaven a Yahoo! Message
Ohhh I am excited now!!! But maybe not the Open House - I mean you are more than welcome to come but lets make a special day just for us when we can really get to know each other. But please do come to my open house if you can. Then maybe as soon as you are settled we can have a gathering again...food, coffee, friends....FUN!!!! Farmgirl fun!!!

yall have my email address so feel free to email me and we can check our calendars!! YEAHHHHHH

Susan
Proprietress of Dahlem's Soapworks http://www.thesoapmaven.com

Go to Top of Page

Cindylou
Farmgirl at Heart

243 Posts

Cindylou
Moscow Idaho
243 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2005 :  10:17:33 AM  Show Profile

Hi Louisiana Farmgirls!! I am SOOOOOOO envious! You all are having a get together at Susan's, I wish I could meet you all! Susan is one of the nicest gals I've ever talked to. I am lucky to have had many phone and e-mail conversations with her. She is awesome and her Farmgirl Clean soap is absolutely the finest around.
Have a great time getting to know each other! I'm sure that you are all bursting with great ideas! Have fun!!
sunnily yours,
Cindylou

Cindylou
Go to Top of Page

The Handmaiden
True Blue Farmgirl

214 Posts

Kim
Shreveport Louisiana
USA
214 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2005 :  07:42:23 AM  Show Profile
Louisiana Farmgirls, Nicole,Susan,Lori and Linda! How was i missing all of this good news? Please count me in too!!! I'm north la. but willing to travel as well. Are we the only ones? Can't wait to meet each of you! Let's try and do it sooner than later. My home is open anytime, as well, in the future. If we meet at Susan's first we could pick each other up and then we'd have that travel time to chat too!!!

"Faith shall finish all that Hope begins."

joan walsh anglund
Go to Top of Page

jillofalltrades
True Blue Farmgirl

90 Posts

Nicole

USA
90 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2005 :  09:12:28 AM  Show Profile  Click to see jillofalltrades's MSN Messenger address  Send jillofalltrades a Yahoo! Message
Hi Kim! I'm south of Monroe about 30 miles in a little town called Columbia (Caldwell Parish). We do not visit Shreveport often but we do go there some. I think Susan travels there for shopping. Glad you found us!

~Nicole
www.thelazydeaux.com
Go to Top of Page

The Handmaiden
True Blue Farmgirl

214 Posts

Kim
Shreveport Louisiana
USA
214 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2005 :  2:17:29 PM  Show Profile
Nice to meet you Nicole. I know where Columbia is. Your name is very cute and I'm curious what all your trades are. I just bet being a farmgirl and all you're a master of more than a few.
I think there is someone else in Ruston too. Finch-Thistle. I thought I'd email her and see if she wants to play too. I haven't gone to the blogspot(new to me) yet, but will next.
Have a great week-end,
Kim

joan walsh anglund
Go to Top of Page

Linda Houston
True Blue Farmgirl

538 Posts

Linda
Lake Charles Louisiana
USA
538 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2005 :  3:38:04 PM  Show Profile
Nicole,

I am in Lafayette for about 6-weeks ---Susan is coming in with her husband this week and Lorji is driving in from Breaux Bridge====I know that is a ways for you to travel, but we would love for you to come down. If we don't see you then, believe me, I will travel north to visit you and susan.

Linda ---Calcasieu Parish -- Lake Charles about 60 miles from the Texas line.

Go to Top of Page

jillofalltrades
True Blue Farmgirl

90 Posts

Nicole

USA
90 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2005 :  5:47:05 PM  Show Profile  Click to see jillofalltrades's MSN Messenger address  Send jillofalltrades a Yahoo! Message
Linda,
Susan mentioned her trip on the phone. I can't make it this time though. My husband is still offshore & I have a 13 month old that hates to ride. It wouldn't be much of a visit having to chase her around. At this time I'm staying right by the phone. My husband's rig is in the hurricane's path which makes me very nervous. He is one of the chosen ones that doesn't get to evacuate. I'm hoping we can get together the end of October or the first of November. As I've mentioned before(I'm sure everyone is tired of hearing about it.) we are trying to get moved to our new farm. I hope you gals have a great time!

Kim,
Do you really want to know all of my "trades"? LOL! Let me see...I am a schooled Veterinary Technician but right now I stay at home with my daughter, I sew, cross stitch, scrapbook, garden, make herbal salves, balms,syrups, & oils(this area is getting bigger), web design, graphic design, coach softball, run a support group for PCOS, and the many many aspects of farm life I've conquered. I see my days becoming more busy each month. It's fun though I have to admit. I'm one to sit around and do anything unless the hubby is home to do it for me. LOL!

I hope you do find the other LA Farmgirl we are slowly but surely growing!
Nite!

~Nicole
www.thelazydeaux.com
Go to Top of Page

jillofalltrades
True Blue Farmgirl

90 Posts

Nicole

USA
90 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2005 :  9:27:24 PM  Show Profile  Click to see jillofalltrades's MSN Messenger address  Send jillofalltrades a Yahoo! Message
Prayers Please...
As most of you know my husband, H.L., works offshore in the Gulf of Mexico and I'm sure you also know that Katrina is due to hit Southern Louisiana Monday. Due to breakdowns, mishaps, and general problems my husband's crew was not able to get the ship sailing as soon as they would have liked. They may very well be caught in the path of Katrina. If you could, say a little prayer that he makes it home safely to us. Makinlee & I will be forever grateful. He was due to arrive home Tuesday but we are unsure at this time when it may be possible for him to come home. We will mostly like lose our truck because it is parked in Venice, LA and they expect flooding to possibly get to 10 feet or more. Again, if you could take a moment and mention our family plus every individual touched by this storm it would mean so much to us.

Be Blessed,
The Poole's
H.L., Nicole, & Makinlee Georganna

~Nicole
www.thelazydeaux.com
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2005 :  12:48:15 AM  Show Profile
Consider it done, Nichole. Also see the Weather Category, topic Hurricanes. XXX

**** Love is the great work - though every heart is first an apprentice. - Hafiz
Set a high value on spontaneous kindness. - Samuel Johnson****
Go to Top of Page

Linda Houston
True Blue Farmgirl

538 Posts

Linda
Lake Charles Louisiana
USA
538 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2005 :  05:36:27 AM  Show Profile
Nichole, I am praying for your family. Keep us posted.

Linda
Go to Top of Page

The Handmaiden
True Blue Farmgirl

214 Posts

Kim
Shreveport Louisiana
USA
214 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2005 :  6:37:00 PM  Show Profile
Hey, La. Farmgirls! Well, we've all been thru a rought ride these past weeks. I hope you and yours are all safe, sound and accounted for. I know we have all had family and friends to care for, but when you get a minute check in so we know everyone is okay. It was such a comfort to know we were all praying for each other. God's grace and blessings continue everyday in everyway.

I've been out of touch for several days since i broke my leg and getting to the computer is not as easy as it was, but i'm getting better. My son, Gannon lived in NO and he and two friends moved in with me for alittle over a week. They have now left for Texas and looking into relocationg there. We keep saying,"change is a good thing"!

Looking forward to hearing how you are all doing soon.
Continued blessings and prayers,
Kim

joan walsh anglund
Go to Top of Page

Linda Houston
True Blue Farmgirl

538 Posts

Linda
Lake Charles Louisiana
USA
538 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2005 :  7:16:59 PM  Show Profile
Hey, Kim !!!!!

I hope you read my well wishes for you and your leg :( I know you are going to take real good care of yourself so you can be up and around again.

we are well- we had several friends that suffered losses, but NOT their lives or family. I think we are all reeling from the aftermath. I have been at the Cajun Dome volunteering and the stories we could all tell. (I have never received so many hugs, nor given so many and that was a blessing) I had not really allowed myself to embrace the loss of the people in NO and the rest of the gulf coast, until I listened to Arron Nevls sing "Louisiana" then I lost it. So many memories-- we are alive and life is one step at a time with grief and change. Although the city itself will change, our culture, celebrations and beliefs will remain....Kim, the entire United States is at a loss for words....I pray for a healing of our nation and for the bitterness and anger to begin to heal.

Please take care and let's continue to pray for each other and keep holding each other in our hearts.

Linda H.
Go to Top of Page

Linda Houston
True Blue Farmgirl

538 Posts

Linda
Lake Charles Louisiana
USA
538 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2005 :  06:50:18 AM  Show Profile
Have a wonderful homecoming with your family. Thank the boys for their time away for the USA. Love to you and yours. Good to hear from you ...gald all is well.

Linda H.
Go to Top of Page

The Handmaiden
True Blue Farmgirl

214 Posts

Kim
Shreveport Louisiana
USA
214 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2005 :  7:33:51 PM  Show Profile
Lorij, well, I can't even imagine my sons being in the war and what you and they have been through. I'm so grateful to them and I'm sure your emotions have been running on high for sometime and now just the relief of them finally being back and whole!!! Grateful hearts just have to have somewhere to flow and tears are one of those ways. Lots of changes for everyone, but I'll count all our blessings and continue to pray and give thanks. Hug those boys extra tight and then give them one from the farmgirls.

Linda, how is your ex-husband doing? You seem to have a huge, giving heart and how fortunate for the people you have been helping.Loving, giving hearts and hugs are a healing balm to all those in need and pain. In times like these that we are reminded that we are all ONE big family and need each other and I'm with you, I hope we can let the blame go and get on with the business of using our energies to begin anew and rebuild everything from buildings to relationships.We are all grateful for all you've done.

Thank you both for the well wishes. I'm hoping to get a wheel chair this week so I can be alittle more mobile. Talk about patience...that could be the lesson of a broken leg!

Have a blessed week,
Kim
Go to Top of Page

The Handmaiden
True Blue Farmgirl

214 Posts

Kim
Shreveport Louisiana
USA
214 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2005 :  7:38:03 PM  Show Profile
P.S. Lorij, i have been meaning to ask this and I'm alittle embarrassed because it is probably something obvious, but some of the farmgirls refer to husbands as DH...what does that stand for?

joan walsh anglund
Go to Top of Page

jillofalltrades
True Blue Farmgirl

90 Posts

Nicole

USA
90 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2005 :  7:50:50 PM  Show Profile  Click to see jillofalltrades's MSN Messenger address  Send jillofalltrades a Yahoo! Message
Hi LA Farmgirls,
Leave it to me to be a slacker about checking in. Things have been nuts here!! Dh arrived home a few days late from this hitch but was in one piece. They had to divert flights to Lafeyette so they could get home. They usually fly in from Boothville. DH(dear husband) had me running crazy trying to find a new truck since he lost his to Katrina. That business was finished Friday thank goodness. We are still trying to get moved onto the far but we keep running into problems.

Kim,
Sorry to hear about your leg. I hope you find a way to get around soon. It would drive me insane to have to sit around all day.

Lorij,
Yeahhh, I bet you are so excited to see your boys! Thanks goodness they are coming home safe. Give them my wishes and tell them thank you for all they do to keep us safe.

~Nicole
www.thelazydeaux.com
Go to Top of Page

The Handmaiden
True Blue Farmgirl

214 Posts

Kim
Shreveport Louisiana
USA
214 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2005 :  08:15:32 AM  Show Profile
nicole, glad you are all together and well! thank you for the explanation of DH,i'm laughing out loud over what i thought it could be.."dear husband" is much sweeter! i visited your web sight...very impressed with the lazy deaux and your daughter is a dreamboat!( at least i think that's your daughter) oh, i miss those little feet around me. i know you enjoy her everyday and i'm sure she has her daddy wrapped around her little finger.

have you or any of the another La. farmgirls ordered our charter kit? what do we need to do to be official and when can we all try and get together?

you are right about having to stay in bed....going right out of my mind. plenty to do to stay busy, but not being able to get up and move around is maddening!!!!

have a good week and i hope you are productive in getting rid of those challenges that are preventing your move.

be blessed, kim

joan walsh anglund
Go to Top of Page

Cindylou
Farmgirl at Heart

243 Posts

Cindylou
Moscow Idaho
243 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2005 :  2:25:45 PM  Show Profile

Hello Louisiana farmgirls! I am so glad that you have all weathered the storm caused by Katrina! It is hard to be so far away while caring so much for all those who are now homeless, too.
Nicole, I'm so glad your DH is home safely ~ a truck can be replaced, I just know that you are so thankful to have him home.
Lorij, I am very grateful that your sons are returning home safely from Iraq! You are in for lots of hugs and kisses!! I think every mom in the nation thinks of all the soldiers over there in harm's way, wishing they could all come home safely soon.
I've been e-mailing Kim, so know she is feeling and getting around a little better ~ please continue to heal and take it easy!
Linda, thank you for being such a supportive, caring friend throughout this ordeal!!
If you all want to start a Louisian Chapter, just let me know! Susan is a Chapter Leader in Many, LA, as you know. E-mail the name and address of who is going to be your Chapter Leader to cindylou@maryjanesfarm.org I will send the Chapter Leader information e-mail and have Beth send out the Chapter Leader kit pronto so you can get started. I'll also send the four Chapter Leader newsletters that have gone out so far so you'll be all caught up. MaryJane and I are honored to have such a caring group of farmgirls at heart here on the forum!!
There are several groups in Moscow who have sent items to the hurricane victims. Aaron and I purchased a big bag of toiletries, etc. to send with one group. I imagine just about every town in the states has sent help in one form or other. You are all in our thoughts and prayers!!
sunnily yours,

Cindylou
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic Any Farm Girl Chapters in Louisiana Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page