Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Farm Kitchen
 Just gave Rosemary's wood cookstove a home
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Just gave Rosemary's wood cookstove a home Next Topic  

Farm Girl 2
True Blue Farmgirl

108 Posts

Becky
Willis VA
USA
108 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2007 :  5:25:51 PM  Show Profile
I am still shaking in my Dansko's because my dh just bought rosemary's wood cook stove for me for Christmas. We made the 4 hour one way trek to her home today after much corresponse via email and picked it up on our truck. The stove is great and I cannot wait to get it hooked up in the next couple days.
I am sure glad some of you gals did not snatch this one up before me!!! I think it was meant for me though because only God knows what I went thru trying to find the right stove and this is it. I can smell the rolls already, move over Aunt Jenny!!
Well girls Rosemary is a hoot. She is so nice and showed me such a good time today. She gave me herbs from her garden, handmade soap, a good cup of coffee and great hospitality. I could have stayed and talked all day but dh was with me, need I say more? She has a beautiful farmhouse in a beautiful part of northern Va. Of course she has pics of the stove and her house on her member profile. I will post pics of the stove in my house when it is ready.

Farmgirls hugs to all,
Becky

ps This nice man in a grey uniform gave me a Christmas present on the way home today also (I guess it was Santa because he had blue Christmas lights on top of his car!) the present was worth $126.00 You should have seen the look on dh's face as he had been asleep!!!!!!!!!!!

Loving Living Simply!
http://sunnymorningfarm.blogspot.com

MasterGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

572 Posts

Chandra
Louisiana
USA
572 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2007 :  5:48:11 PM  Show Profile  Send MasterGardener a Yahoo! Message
Oh Becky, you funny farmgirl...the end of your story had me in stitches, ROTFL. I just have to say, I'm sorry that had to happen, but it makes for a great read!

.• ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.•´ .•´¨¨))
((¸¸.•´ ..• -:¦:- -:¦:- Chandra
-:¦:- ((¸¸.•´Farmgirl Sister #64

She considereth a field, and buyeth it; with the fruit of her hands she planteth a vineyard.
Proverbs 31:16
Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2882 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2882 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2007 :  6:18:12 PM  Show Profile
OH Becky, I am JEALOUS!!! We just found a guy here in Ohio that belongs to a stove society(yes there are some), that sells antiques & has at least 2-3 hundred stoves(pot bellied, wood burning, early gas).. My hubby is somewhat of a pyromaniac & when he saw all the stoves, his walk was like a man with a purpose. We already have one woodburning fireplace & kitchen does not have an outside wall conducive to another stove; so I will just sit here & continue to be green with envy. I was going GAGA over Rosemary's stove when she first posted pics. CONGRATS!!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Farm Girl 2
True Blue Farmgirl

108 Posts

Becky
Willis VA
USA
108 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2007 :  05:46:25 AM  Show Profile
The pictures are on my blog. There is also a picture of rosemary and I. I was looking pretty rough that day I had slept most of the trip, didn't wear make-up anyway and had been rained on. Do I need to come up with any more excuses? It won't help anyway, but thats OK you can still see how happy I was, we had a great time!!

Becky

Loving Living Simply!
Go to Top of Page

Amie C.
True Blue Farmgirl

2099 Posts

Finger Lakes Region NY
2099 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2007 :  06:24:27 AM  Show Profile
Hey, I thought Santa only gave presents to people who are being *good*!

Congratulations on the stove, though. I fell in love with it when Rosemary first mentioned it here. I never seriously thought about having a wood cookstove in modern life, but seeing that more than one farmgirl has me inspired to plan for one in my next house.
Go to Top of Page

Farm Girl 2
True Blue Farmgirl

108 Posts

Becky
Willis VA
USA
108 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2007 :  07:45:11 AM  Show Profile
Amie I must have been real good because my real Santa (DH) bought me the stove!

We have some land at the lake that I may have a cabin on one day and dh had promised me that we would have a cookstove in it but i couldn't wait that long. I have been keeping my eyes peeled for the right one to come up and it did. You would really love it. Around the corner in the kitchen is my brand new stainless steel side by side fridge that is so modern in contrast to the antique stove, and I hate the fridge it is a really expensive piece of junk. I wish I could have found an old Frigidaire and covered the rusty door with a kitchy wallpaper and I am sure it would be better.

Hugs,
Becky

Loving Living Simply!
Go to Top of Page

Rosemary
True Blue Farmgirl

1825 Posts

Virginia
USA
1825 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2007 :  1:01:25 PM  Show Profile
Hey farmgirls, I have to tell you that meeting Becky was such a pleasure! I haven't yet seen the photo she posted earlier, but I'm going to throw my excuses out there, too: no makeup, no shower even, hair a mess, it was cold and drizzling, we'd just dismantled and hefted the stove into the truck for the trip to its wonderful new home -- did I miss anything? LOL

Those of you who have followed the threads in which I've mention my (oops! BECKY's) stove will know that I kinda didn't really want to sell it because it's just such a fabulous thing. But I couldn't be happier with how Becky and her husband have spruced it up, with plans to put it to work again actually cooking things and making folks cozy, which is as it should be. My kitchen floor space is more open now -- something we really needed -- but you know what's especially nice? The space where the old stove once stood will always serve to remind me of the day I met my new Farmgirl friend.

Becky is delightful, and so is her husband. I was so happy to have met them both!

Edited by - Rosemary on Dec 11 2007 1:01:45 PM
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2007 :  1:45:13 PM  Show Profile
Oh Becky I am so happy for you. I know I was thrilled when I got my wood cookstove..you will just love it. It is even wonderful when it just sits there with no fire in it...all that old fashioned charm, right? Sounds like you and Rosemary had a great visit too. IT is one of my favorite things to meet a new farmgirl!! Have fun!! Can't wait to see a picture of it in your home!!

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Just gave Rosemary's wood cookstove a home Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page