KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2007 :  8:34:27 PM  Show Profile
Standing in the kitchen this evening, I tripped over and kicked more than 4 times, a plastic shoe box that my darling husband has refused to let me throw out each and every time I've attempted to diminish our stash of "stuff"...so, I said, "this has to go. Right now." to which he replied, "but, it's good for something--this is a perfectly good box..." shrugged his sad little shoulders and then he put it first in the recycling, but looked at the bottom and put it in the garbage. One shoe box at a time, girls. Efficiency will happen.

I'm so proud. Success!!!

Farmgirl Sister #80, thanks to a very special farmgirl from the Bluegrass..."She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
http://www.buyhandmade.org/

shawna
True Blue Farmgirl

241 Posts

missouri (north)
241 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2007 :  10:01:37 PM  Show Profile
oh no- you must not throw away any good box! there should be some sort of farmgirl rule about it!!!! (now were to store,hmmm still tring to figure that out!) i have too many swanz man boxed. they are just such a good box. now how to make it look good. i tried to cover in paper, not working so good. I know,, has any one spray painted these type of boxes??? wondering how that might work. I LOVE SPRAY PAINT. now that i think about it i'm sure it's not healthy, but so fun!

xoxxo MERRY CHRISTMAS xoxxo
Go to Top of Page

Dixie_Amazon
True Blue Farmgirl

125 Posts

Dennise
Baton Rouge LA
USA
125 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2007 :  03:24:03 AM  Show Profile
I love a good box. One of the things I miss about selling Avon are their shipping boxes. They were a great size, sturdy and stacked well.

Dennise with 2 n's
Farmgirl Sister #47 **~~** Country girl raised in the city.
Go to Top of Page

Amie C.
True Blue Farmgirl

2099 Posts

Finger Lakes Region NY
2099 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2007 :  07:31:37 AM  Show Profile
Congratulations! Domestic victory!

My husband finally nailed up the baseboards in our new dining room and we moved the furniture back in yesterday. I try to be extra nice to him every time he does something like this for me. If he knows how much I appreciate it, I'm hoping he'll keep it up.

Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2007 :  08:30:42 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Congrats on having one less box, Jonni. I usually wait until I'm home on a Friday and the dh is NOT. Then, LOOK OUT! He has boxes(and paperwork) on things we don't even OWN any more! Just like you said, "One thing at a time!" LOL

Amie - Congrats to you on your victory, also. I know how well that 'stroking' thing works....pat them on the head and say"good boy!" It works wonders! ;)

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?" - 'Brother Dave' Gardner
Go to Top of Page

bohemiangel
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Bridget
Ligonier pa
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2007 :  11:00:00 AM  Show Profile  Send bohemiangel an AOL message  Click to see bohemiangel's MSN Messenger address  Send bohemiangel a Yahoo! Message
HAHA great! I hate that mind set even I was brought up a toilet roll can be used for a craft.....but there is a time for keeping and a time for purging. If you don't need it then throw it out or give away. I love blessing others with my stuff :)

**~~Farmgirl Sister #60~~**
"... to thine ownself be true."
http://liggygirl.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Cleaning Up: Previous Topic Sweet Success!!!!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page