Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic apron in fashion Next Topic  

bohemiangel
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Bridget
Ligonier pa
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2007 :  2:42:36 PM  Show Profile  Send bohemiangel an AOL message  Click to see bohemiangel's MSN Messenger address  Send bohemiangel a Yahoo! Message
At Anthropologie look what they are selling......

http://www.anthropologie.us/anthro/catalog/category.jsp?navAction=jump&navCount=264&id=H07_GS_KITCHENSTORIES_3

I found it amusing when how many of us make our own :)

**~~Farmgirl Sister #60~~**
"... to thine ownself be true."
http://liggygirl.blogspot.com/

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2007 :  2:45:06 PM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
I'd rather have one of Bev's! ;)

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?" - 'Brother Dave' Gardner
Go to Top of Page

bohemiangel
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Bridget
Ligonier pa
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2007 :  3:01:07 PM  Show Profile  Send bohemiangel an AOL message  Click to see bohemiangel's MSN Messenger address  Send bohemiangel a Yahoo! Message
oh I know me too:) MUCH BETTER STUFF:)

Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
Smoky Mountains Tennessee
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2007 :  3:30:31 PM  Show Profile
Yeah, something that you know hasn't passed down the assembly line and mass produced gives a much superior quality and you know the stitches are sewn with love and goodness.

Stephanie
Farmgirl Sister #22

"hold close your inner child and always listen to the gentle whispers" ~queenofdreamsz
Go to Top of Page

Maryjane Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

2195 Posts

Maryjane
CA
USA
2195 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2007 :  3:37:05 PM  Show Profile
Bev's Aprons rule!!!

Hugs, Maryjane Lee
Sister #44

The Beehive Cottage~est. 1971
Sisters on the Fly #595
Go to Top of Page

Farmtopia
True Blue Farmgirl

1465 Posts

Zan
New York New York
USA
1465 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2007 :  6:01:14 PM  Show Profile
Hmm, there are alot of apron's making a "come-back" at several stores; they are now "chick" around stores in the city, too. I'm not sure I like the massed produced kind, either.

~*~Dream all you dreamers~*~

www.bigtownfarmer.com
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2007 :  7:00:17 PM  Show Profile
Bridget,
I have to admit, I LOVE the Anthropology Store, even if my wallet dose not....but I also must admit, I have bought 2 aprons from them and received a 3rd one(gift) from there.

But truly the handmade ones are the best,,,,except for the vintage ones we find in our grandma's or favorite aunts chests.

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
mjf#72
Sisters on the Fly#472
www.katmom4.blogspot.com

Edited by - katmom on Dec 06 2007 7:01:42 PM
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2007 :  8:01:23 PM  Show Profile
My Daughter Jennifer Worked here at the store in Tampa for about two years & she & I each have a few of teir Aprons.. they do have ALOT of REALLY cute ones.. Both styles.. skirt & bibs..
Simple & very Fancy!But your right,the store isn't the least expensive I've ever shopped at..

Keep in mind if you are planning on ordering any of them.. the Skirt styles are perfect really for just about anyone.. But for my big butt & full top.. I don't think i ran in to any that i was really too comfy with as far as a bib style.. Perfect for my scrawny little 26 year old twiggy daughter.. just not most of us mums who like to eat alot of what with bake wearing those Aprons!

Great link I think though I REALLY love the store.. They have some of the sweetest things.. Adorable little Tea dishes & knobs & pulls & gobs of other pretty little things too!

In a World Where you Can Be Anything, Be Yourself..
Go to Top of Page

Dixie_Amazon
True Blue Farmgirl

125 Posts

Dennise
Baton Rouge LA
USA
125 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2007 :  03:47:12 AM  Show Profile
I prefer the homemade ones too. I do have one storebought one I had to have because it had flamingos on it. Target has a huge number of aprons available online now.

Dennise with 2 n's
Farmgirl Sister #47 **~~** Country girl raised in the city.

Edited by - Dixie_Amazon on Dec 07 2007 03:48:37 AM
Go to Top of Page

bohemiangel
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Bridget
Ligonier pa
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2007 :  04:24:28 AM  Show Profile  Send bohemiangel an AOL message  Click to see bohemiangel's MSN Messenger address  Send bohemiangel a Yahoo! Message
Oh yes, I do love the store, lil overpriced so I wait for sales, but yeah I want aprons that totally mean something and be handed down or handmade. The same goes with sweaters and scarves and gloves, handmade the better. I do think aprons are making a come back. I think seeing others enjoy aprons will be fun:)

Go to Top of Page

elah
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

Emily
SW Michigan
USA
349 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2007 :  04:57:43 AM  Show Profile
The apron is so cute! BUT I can not even image buying an "imported" apron that was made in conditions unknown to me by who knows who (maybe even children). The love is just not in the stitches when it doesn't come from a woman's sewing room.

Just my 2 cents!

Blog: http://thelahs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

junkjunkie
True Blue Farmgirl

1306 Posts

Judy
Lawrenceville NJ
USA
1306 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2007 :  06:36:26 AM  Show Profile
I like Anthropologie, they do have some really cool stuff....but I've bought a couple of Beverly's aprons.....much nicer! Not mass produced.

"To have life in focus, we must have death in our field of vision." Benedictine monk John Main

Edited by - junkjunkie on Dec 07 2007 06:36:51 AM
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2007 :  12:49:50 PM  Show Profile
Never judge an apron by it's stitches,,,
it's what you do with it, the memories you create in it! the tears you wipe with it and the flour you get on it from wipeing your hands on it.
I love all of my aprons, be they homemade or store bought. I love knowing that many already have a "story" and that for the new ones I am adding my "story".
A gal can just never have enough aprons, hats, hankies,,,oh dear,,,I've become my mother! lol!

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
mjf#72
Sisters on the Fly#472
www.katmom4.blogspot.com

Edited by - katmom on Dec 08 2007 12:51:39 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic apron in fashion Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page