Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 These patches are REALLY cool!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic These patches are REALLY cool! Next Topic  

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2007 :  11:04:49 AM  Show Profile
My friend, Julie, is such a talented girl. Look at these cool patches she's sewn up. I really can't decide between the rooster or the woodpecker. I just love em! She has them for sale on her etsy site, and I have a "protype" that she made me for my birthday, but wow I love these guys!!!!

"She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
http://www.buyhandmade.org/

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2007 :  11:28:03 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
I love ALL those cool characters! :D How do I find her etsy site???

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?" - 'Brother Dave' Gardner
Go to Top of Page

tangledthreads
True Blue Farmgirl

185 Posts

Michelle
Middle Tennessee
USA
185 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2007 :  11:42:47 AM  Show Profile
Those are so cool! She is really talented!

You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
Mahatma Ghandi

A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song. Chinese Proverb

Go to Top of Page

MasterGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

572 Posts

Chandra
Louisiana
USA
572 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2007 :  11:43:36 AM  Show Profile  Send MasterGardener a Yahoo! Message
Yep...they're wonderfully artistic! I'd have a hard time deciding too. I collect chickens, so I'd have to have that one, besides, do you see the detail in that? Excellent! Then, because we have so many woodpeckers on the property, I've learned to love them...so I'd have to have that one. Now, is the other one an egret or a heron? Want 'em all, but will start with a closer look. Like Janice, I'd like to know how to get to your friend's etsy.

.• ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.•´ .•´¨¨))
((¸¸.•´ ..• -:¦:- -:¦:- Chandra
-:¦:- ((¸¸.•´Farmgirl Sister #64

She considereth a field, and buyeth it; with the fruit of her hands she planteth a vineyard.
Proverbs 31:16
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2007 :  11:52:07 AM  Show Profile
I know, I'm a sucker for that woodpecker--we have one just like him, and he wakes me up EVERY Saturday! Ratta Tattt tattt, Rattta tattt tattt!

Here is her site--she also makes some cool kids clothes and the like out of vintage fabrics, but I so love these!!!

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5330455

"She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2007 :  12:05:14 PM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Yeah, I've got a crazy woodpecker at the farm, Jonni. I just hope he sticks with the old maple tree and leaves my poor farmhouse alone! LOL! Thanks for the link, farmgirl sister! ;)

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?" - 'Brother Dave' Gardner
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2007 :  12:28:29 PM  Show Profile
Hey, a little birdee just emailed me and told me about farmgirl sisterhood memberships--farmgirl sister , you!
What a gem. I can't EVEN believe what a gem you are!

Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2007 :  12:58:22 PM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
gotcha! Merry Christmas RAOK from me and the pits(buster & stinky). You deserve it! :D

Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
Smoky Mountains Tennessee
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2007 :  7:57:00 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for Julie's etsy link...I've got to have that woodpecker. I miss seeing my Pilieated woodpeckers now that I'm away from the mountain house. Gosh, I guess I was feeding about 5 varieties of woodpeckers but the Pileated is my favorite..What a bird!!

Stephanie
Farmgirl Sister #22

"hold close your inner child and always listen to the gentle whispers" ~queenofdreamsz
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2007 :  05:39:22 AM  Show Profile
Not a problem--I'm glad that you guys like them, too. I was so honored when she gave me her first one (a black bird). I was going to frame it, but I think I'm going to sew up a bag or put it on a skirt or something (in my spare time :)). I have a great vintage tartan skirt in muted browns and blacks that I think it would be perfect on!

Farmgirl Sister #80, thanks to a very special farmgirl from the Bluegrass..."She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic These patches are REALLY cool! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page