Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Dishcloth Swap - CLOSED - Partners Updated
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Dishcloth Swap - CLOSED - Partners Updated Next Topic
Page: of 8

MasterGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

572 Posts

Chandra
Louisiana
USA
572 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2008 :  07:17:19 AM  Show Profile  Send MasterGardener a Yahoo! Message
Tracey, thanks so much...I'll have your dishcloths in the mail Saturday when I have transportation. I hope your back is healing, you've been in my thoughts and prayers.

.• ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.•´ .•´¨¨))
((¸¸.•´ ..• -:¦:- -:¦:- Chandra
-:¦:- ((¸¸.•´Farmgirl Sister #64

She considereth a field, and buyeth it; with the fruit of her hands she planteth a vineyard.
Proverbs 31:16
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9364 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9364 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2008 :  09:04:05 AM  Show Profile
Mine went out to Kim today. Don't you just love farmgirl mail?!
Especially those made by one another!

farmgirl sister #43

Kind hearts are gardens
Kind thoughts are roots
Kind words are blossoms
Kind deeds are Fruits

www.torismimi.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Trace
True Blue Farmgirl

247 Posts

Tracey
Canton New York
USA
247 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2008 :  12:01:38 PM  Show Profile  Send Trace a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by MasterGardener

Tracey, thanks so much...I'll have your dishcloths in the mail Saturday when I have transportation. I hope your back is healing, you've been in my thoughts and prayers.

She considereth a field, and buyeth it; with the fruit of her hands she planteth a vineyard.

Thanks Chandra.. as far as my back goes.. I'm going in tomorrow morning for an MRI. They changed my meds to 3 new ones. So far, the pain is at least toreable not unbareable, I'll take toreable for now lol.

pics from my world.. http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y144/tra-dun/
Go to Top of Page

brightmeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

2045 Posts

Brenda
Lucas Ohio
USA
2045 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2008 :  04:28:20 AM  Show Profile
I got the most beautiful set of dishcloths from norskema (Candace) Thanks so much! They are cheerful and sunny, one had a pot-scrubber in the middle of it! I'd love to know how you did that! Hope mine have arrived by now, if not, maybe today.

This was a lot of fun! Thanks for organizing it!

You shall eat the fruit of the labor of your hands - You shall be happy and it shall be well with you. -Psalm 128.2
Visit my blog at http://brightmeadowfarms.blogspot.com ,web site store at http://www.watkinsonline.com/fish or my homepage at http://home.earthlink.net/~brightmeadow
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2008 :  05:56:33 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
pot scrubber in the middle! ? ! fascinating!

May we always be in thankful contemplation of God who presides over us all.
Big Book of Alcoholics Anonymous
farmgirl #71 Linda in PA
Go to Top of Page

Norskema
True Blue Farmgirl

98 Posts

Candace
Central Indiana Area
USA
98 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2008 :  08:08:25 AM  Show Profile  Send Norskema an AOL message
Hey Brenda (Brightmeadow), I got my dishclothes yesterday. They are too nice to use and I LOVED the bloomers ones! I took them to work and everyone thought it was just too cute. Thanks very much and especially for the vintage towel. I won't be able to use it either (ha!) but it will look nice in the guest bathroom! By the way, the potscrubber part can be made using either a strip of netting but I recycle an orange or onion net bag. You can cut them to make a continuous strip. Using netting from the fabric store makes a tidier center but I like re-using. I'm glad you liked them and I really enjoyed my first swap!
Go to Top of Page

brightmeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

2045 Posts

Brenda
Lucas Ohio
USA
2045 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2008 :  10:50:12 AM  Show Profile
Thanks again for the beautiful dishcloths. I wondered if you had used the onion net bags. I was saving some up to use that way but hadn't quite figured out how to do it. My idea (that didn't work very well) I came up with by disassembling a purchased pot scrubber. I cut the onion bag at the top and bottom, the put a rubber band around the top and rolled the bag down around the rubber band. The problem was I think to make this work I would need to sew about three or four bags together to get the length required. I like your idea better and I think it will work very well.

You shall eat the fruit of the labor of your hands - You shall be happy and it shall be well with you. -Psalm 128.2
Visit my blog at http://brightmeadowfarms.blogspot.com ,web site store at http://www.watkinsonline.com/fish or my homepage at http://home.earthlink.net/~brightmeadow
Go to Top of Page

MasterGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

572 Posts

Chandra
Louisiana
USA
572 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2008 :  08:44:49 AM  Show Profile  Send MasterGardener a Yahoo! Message
Ahhhh Tracey...what fantastic dishcloths! I am totally ooouuuing and ahhhing over the colors and the designs knitted in! You're awesome! I can't thank you enough for the linen thread, I am touched by such a generous sacrifice...it is such a "French" color and I feel so blessed! I love the ball of wool...you're thoughtfulness made me feel near-to-tears woman. Oh, & the card. If I can take a picture to show the other farmgirls, I will...it was farmgirl PERFECT!!! I love the crochet patterns booklet and the note cards & bookmark, seems I go through note cards like crazy, so they're very useful...such a fun box to receive and open. You're a sweet woman Tracey! You blessed my heart so much, thank you!

Go to Top of Page

Trace
True Blue Farmgirl

247 Posts

Tracey
Canton New York
USA
247 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2008 :  11:45:11 AM  Show Profile  Send Trace a Yahoo! Message
HiYa Chandra!!!!!!!!!!!!! Glad you liked your goodies.. was so much fun putting it all together for you,enjoy the linen. Guess what???? I got your box today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am absolutly blown away by your dishcloths.. they are just wonderful, you did a great job and I truely love them. Will think of you everytime I use them. So glad I got ones that were crocheted because I don't crochet. The soap smells so nice, it's at the sink right now and the cleaners will be put to good use. Love the pink tractor, even more prefect because I drive a tracotr all summer long.. might have to "pink"it up a bit. The necklace is so sweet, love roses. I'll plant the flax in your honor Chandra.. next to the herb beds. So glad we got a chance to get to know eachother like this.
Your a special friend and I'll treasure our swap,
Trace

Go to Top of Page

Trace
True Blue Farmgirl

247 Posts

Tracey
Canton New York
USA
247 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2008 :  11:59:48 AM  Show Profile  Send Trace a Yahoo! Message
Here's a picture of the things Chandra sent me, LOVE THEM!!!!!!!!!

Go to Top of Page

one_dog_per_acre
True Blue Farmgirl

1572 Posts

Trish
Sandpoint ID
USA
1572 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2008 :  12:22:58 PM  Show Profile
Mine is going in today. Now Peggy, don't get to excited, I'm a novice! But i did include your tea for the ea swap.

Farmgirl Sister #91
Make cupcakes not war!
Go to Top of Page

Nicie
True Blue Farmgirl

185 Posts

Denise
Lincoln NE
USA
185 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2008 :  07:03:49 AM  Show Profile
Hi - I received my dishcloths from Farm Kitty today. They are wonderful. One bright pink and one pink and brown. I just love them along with a wonderful smelling candle called Apple cobbler.

Thanks again Angela it just made my day
Go to Top of Page

Marcy
True Blue Farmgirl

2701 Posts

Marcy
Tiverton Rhode Island
USA
2701 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2008 :  07:09:11 AM  Show Profile
Hello everyone,

I would love to do this. If there is any more room. Please add me to the list and thanks!

Marcy
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2008 :  09:59:28 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
I just mailed mine out today...didn't realize you gals were putting so much extra special things with them. I did add one extra knitted towel. I hope you like them.

May we always be in thankful contemplation of God who presides over us all.
Big Book of Alcoholics Anonymous
farmgirl #71 Linda in PA
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
Smoky Mountains Tennessee
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2008 :  1:41:59 PM  Show Profile
Julie (willowtreecreek)....your goodies are ready so when I get over this cold I have they will be on the way..probably next week according to the way I feel right now...not getting outside at all.

Love the goodies that are being posted!

((((hugs))))
Steph
Go to Top of Page

nitere
True Blue Farmgirl

482 Posts

Amy
Hickory NC
USA
482 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2008 :  05:05:01 AM  Show Profile
angie: thank you so much for the dishcloths. they are so fun! i sent yours out yesterday. i finished two weeks ago and just made it to the post office! :)

farmgirl sister #37

http://www.buraellen.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

peggysue
True Blue Farmgirl

267 Posts

Peggy
Tulsa Oklahoma
267 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2008 :  12:38:25 PM  Show Profile
mine came today... love them and the tea. i tracked the dollar bill on line, but durned if i forgot where it had been before movie springs idaho.. i love the blue..
thank you so much

visit me at my blog
mousiesmom.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

vintagegrl
True Blue Farmgirl

280 Posts

Jeanette
NH
USA
280 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2008 :  2:51:06 PM  Show Profile
I've finished my cloths for Linda (and something extra for her) and will hopefully send them off by Monday if not, Tuesday.

Go to Top of Page

emsmommy5
True Blue Farmgirl

1547 Posts

Angie
Buckley WA
USA
1547 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2008 :  12:59:24 PM  Show Profile
Amy
I got home last night from a week away and found your package with the dishcloth and soap. THANK YOU! You did a great job. I would not have guessed you are a beginner. Keep up the practice and your work will only get better and better!

Thanks
Angie

Firefighter Stairclimb March 2nd- Help me help others by donating on my fundraising page. https://www.active.com/donate/17thscottstairclimb/angieriggsby
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9364 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9364 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2008 :  7:09:57 PM  Show Profile
Kim,
Thank you so much for the knitted and crocheted cloths. Is the blue a dishcloth? I see it has a loop so I wondered if maybe it was a potholder? I have to work tomorrow but as soon as I can get a picture I will post them for you girls to see. Either here or my blog. I'll post when I do.
I just love the colors you chose.

farmgirl sister #43

Kind hearts are gardens
Kind thoughts are roots
Kind words are blossoms
Kind deeds are Fruits

www.torismimi.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

sewbug
True Blue Farmgirl

61 Posts

kim
Charlton ma
USA
61 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2008 :  2:22:45 PM  Show Profile
Hi Denise. I emailed you earlier. The blue dishcloth is thick I know , I guess you can use it either way. Enjoy.!!

farmgirl sister #105
Go to Top of Page

bybiddie
True Blue Farmgirl

267 Posts

susan
upstate ny
USA
267 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2008 :  1:59:02 PM  Show Profile
I got the most beautiful package from my partner, Karin (Mumof3)! I will try and take a picture so I can post it - her workmanship is just wonderful and she sent a journal she had made that is the most creative journal I have ever seen! Thank you, thank you, Karin!

xxx susan

Lovin' my life as Proud Farmgirl Sister #45!
http://BizzyHands.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Canadian farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

482 Posts

Lori
Ontario
Canada
482 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2008 :  3:06:44 PM  Show Profile
I received two beautiful knitted dishcloths yesterday from Kay (therusticcottage) and a bar of her fabulous homemade soap--what a nice surprise!

They're so soft and perfect-looking, I hate to start getting them dirty!

Thanks again, Kay! This has been lots of fun.

Lori
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2008 :  6:06:45 PM  Show Profile
Lori - you are so welcome. I use the two cloths that you sent me all the time. I wasn't sure about a round dishcloth but they are my favorites!!!

Handmade Olive Oil Soap, Lotion Bars, and Prim Treasures - http://therusticcottage.etsy.com
The Rustic Cottage Blog http://therusticcottage.blogspot.com Sign up for my monthly newsletter!

I'm A Rusty Chick!!!
PROUD FARMGIRL SISTER #100
Go to Top of Page

Marcy
True Blue Farmgirl

2701 Posts

Marcy
Tiverton Rhode Island
USA
2701 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2008 :  06:12:40 AM  Show Profile
Please let me know if another one of these gets started. I would so love to do this!
Thanks and take care everyone.

It is such a happiness when good people get together-
and they always do-
Jane Austen- Emma
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Dishcloth Swap - CLOSED - Partners Updated Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page