DaisyFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

1646 Posts

Diane
Victoria BC
Canada
1646 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2007 :  11:20:38 AM  Show Profile
Well that was quite the storm now wasn't it! Marybeth and other Wa state gals, how are you making out?
I think the worst of the storm is past the island now. I can't say I have ever seen it rain so hard, a literal wall of water. Our creek went from a meandering 6" or so to 5 feet deep overnight. And yep, we've flooded yet again...lordy this is getting sooo old!
Hope you are all making out ok, thinking of you...
Di

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2007 :  12:45:46 PM  Show Profile
Hey Diane,
not sure about Stanwood & Rosalia WA., but where I live in Spokane WA., referred to as the "West Plains" we got hit hard w/the rains but nothing serious to mention. I think some parts of Spokane lost power.
Sorry to hear you really got hammered. but just think of the wonderful vegitation you will have in the Spring.
hugz & stay dry.

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
Sisters on the Fly#472
www.katmom4.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

herbquilter
True Blue Farmgirl

891 Posts

Kristine
Bonney Lake Wa
USA
891 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2007 :  1:03:02 PM  Show Profile
We're in Bonney Lake, WA and have had very heavy rain & wind. A few short power outages, but not too bad. We are on high ground, but creek & rivers are filling.

Blessings,
Kristine ~ Mother of Many & Herbalist
www.herbalmomma.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2007 :  3:23:40 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Down here in the Palouse we got freezing rain and pouring rain. Between the rain and the snow melting some of the roads got flooded. It was a bit hairy getting to work this morning, but I managed. No power outages today, but yesterday. I wish the snow would come back!!

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand to keep Nora out of trouble!
Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2007 :  3:49:43 PM  Show Profile
Wet, wet, wet. I've got to drive out to the farm and check it over. One thing I don't like about getting through with work in the dark...no time for outdoor-work. Anyway, we've got a creek running through, and lots of flood-plain land. Luckily, it has been set aside as my "bird sanctuary" and has lots of still natural channels running through to divert high waters. Still, got to go with a flashlight, I guess, and check out the place. There was a warning for flooding creeks this morning. We do have the trailer up on a high bit of ground, so it should be safe. Otherwise I guess my old airstream will look more like a submarine if it makes it to the lake. There's a funny picture. Gotta laugh, crying's no fun.

We make a difference.
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2007 :  4:10:56 PM  Show Profile
My m0m called and said they are maj0rly fl00ding, she lives in the R0chester area, my sis and family live in Centralia, all in Western Washingt0n. My sis lives by the Chehalis river and her drains were n0t making with the heavy deluge 0f rain, my dad went in t0 help. N0t sure if he can get back h0me t0 m0m n0w. Hang in there girls.
Car0l Sue

listening to the quiet moments
www.Quitemoments.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Tracey
True Blue Farmgirl

766 Posts

Tracey
State of Confusion
USA
766 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2007 :  5:38:01 PM  Show Profile
Western WA has been hit hard, especially to the south. Lewis and Grant Counties are under water, nearly 10 feet of water over I-5 in Chehalis!

We plan on heading down to help at the Black Sheep Creamery this weekend. They lost nearly everything. The river came up too fast and blocked any way out. The family was rescued by boat, then air lifted by helicopter. They lost 75% of their dairy sheep.

Many, many farms lost stock. There are piles of dead animals everywhere.

Scroll down on this page to December 5 and you'll be able to read about their account: http://www.blacksheepcreamery.com/BSC/blank.asp?PID=110

Mesteno Wild Horse Photogrpahy
http://mesteno.blogspot.com

http://carpentercreek.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2007 :  7:17:03 PM  Show Profile
Hi diane, just saw this. As you know by now South Western Wa got hit the worst. We had ponding rains and lots of wind and the rivers rose pretty high but we were spared anything else. Minor flooding but now like our southwestern sisters. One loss here was the huge tree by the lower Skagit that had a great big eagle nest and we watched eaglets learn to fly every year. Anyway it gowt uprooted and blown down. So sad. At least it isn't spring and babies were there. Back to the flooding---Send help south--They were hit bad. And Diane thanks for asking. By the way, how bad were you flooded? MB

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

keyas corral
Farmgirl at Heart

3 Posts

Keya
Aberdeen Washington
USA
3 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2007 :  11:25:05 PM  Show Profile
HI,
we are from Aberdeen Wa. on the coast. We are one of the areas that was hit. It happend Sunday night,we had 73 mile hr winds as last clocked until the insterments were ripped off in the wind and rain. We were out of power for four days. Trees were all over the roads,power poles and phone towers knocked down. My husband, kids and I drove Monday night out to his parent house 18 miles out in the country because their power and phone were knocked out. It took us two hours to get there. We weaved our way in and out of trees, some of the paths were just holes cut out of the trees on the road wide enough to drive a car through. There was some flooding but our area has done so much to prevent flooding by putting in strong levees. Our area has a long pass with flooding, my father in-law was rowed home from the hospital in a boat. It's been an interesting week and we are still cleaning up. We are fine and no major damage, we just pray for those who are still having a hard time,especially those just south of us.
Keya

Keya
Go to Top of Page

Tracey
True Blue Farmgirl

766 Posts

Tracey
State of Confusion
USA
766 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2007 :  8:51:54 PM  Show Profile
Good to hear you're okay, Keya! Sounds like a frightening time for all of you who lived through the storm.

Mesteno Wild Horse Photogrpahy
http://mesteno.blogspot.com

http://carpentercreek.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page
  Weather Report: Previous Topic Marybeth? WA state gals ok? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page