True Blue Farmgirl

814 Posts

Bridgette
Southern Indiana
USA
814 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2005 :  09:59:52 AM  Show Profile
Hello, I'm new around here,

I just happened across the magazine at the store. I must say I am in love!!! I have ordered the book, can't wait to get it in the mail!!

I live in a very small town in Indiana. I am surronded by chicken/turkey farms, tons of corn & soybeans and I love it!!
I have lived here all of my life!
I am 30ish, I do not have any children but I do have 1 indoor spoiled cat. Bunches of outside kitty's.
I work fulltime as a PC support tech.
I love all things farmgirl!! I love to cook from scratch, hang laundry on the line, cross stitch, sew, knit, scrapbook, garden, make soap & candles. I also enjoy working on my family tree and Heritage albumns.
I follow Weight Watchers "Core" program which supports eating lots of Fruits, Vegi's and natural foods. I would like to lose about 40 more pounds. I lost 30 in the last year.
I have recently been working towards a more organic lifestyle. I joined a local co-op and have been trying to replace items we use with organic items.
I would like to make some of my soaps, cleaners & candles and sell them eventually.

I can't wait to get to know ya'll!!!
Is anyone else from Indiana????

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2005 :  10:45:18 AM  Show Profile
I am originally from Indiana. My parents live in Fremont. I have lived in Illiois now for 15 yrs.
Fremont is in the upper North East corner of the state. I'm not familiar with DuBois, where is it?

I also like to scrapbook and an working on Heritage albums as well. My family had been in Stueben County for over 100 years.

farmgirl@heart

Be at peace with yourself and the rest will follow

Edited by - Kim on Aug 11 2005 10:45:37 AM
Go to Top of Page

MBurns
True Blue Farmgirl

1827 Posts

Marlene
Swisher IA
USA
1827 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2005 :  10:56:36 AM  Show Profile
Welcome from Iowa, Lucky you to live in a rural area. I grew up on a farm near Cedar Rapids, Ia. but now live in a small town that is growing and want to get to the country again.
Go to Top of Page

Bridge
True Blue Farmgirl

814 Posts

Bridgette
Southern Indiana
USA
814 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2005 :  3:15:03 PM  Show Profile
Dubois is in the southern part of Indiana.
This is the town where I work's tourism page.
http://www.duboiscounty.org/

I live about 10 miles from Jasper.
Go to Top of Page

lamamama
True Blue Farmgirl

255 Posts

Melanie
CA
USA
255 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2005 :  9:09:07 PM  Show Profile
Welcome from another newcomer!
I know what you mean about "love @ 1st sight" with the magazine - happened to me too! And I enjoy southern Indiana - know Bloomington well. I spent my 1st 22 years in Ky.
Best of luck with your weight loss & going organic. I bet you'll find lots of support here............
Go to Top of Page

LJRphoto
True Blue Farmgirl

760 Posts

Laura
Hickory Corners MI
USA
760 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2005 :  11:13:40 PM  Show Profile
I just moved from Rensselaer, IN to Michigan. We lived in town and my husband and I just fulfilled a mutual dream and bought 9.5 acres. What a mess it is right now! I can't wait to fill it with gardens and animals. We are also moving toward the organic (I followed Mary Jane Butter's advice to simply replace one thing at a time-eggs, milk and cereal so far). I also recently made my first batch of homemade laundry detergent and my first "major" farmgirl purchase is one of those collapsible clothes lines (I can't wait to get it installed). The laundry detergent is great and costs me less than a dollar to make 2 gallons. The recipe is here on the website somewhere. Welcome! I don't visit this area of the site enough.

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect." -Mark Twain
Go to Top of Page

FarrarFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

330 Posts

Lynda
Frohna Missouri
USA
330 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2005 :  06:57:25 AM  Show Profile
Welcome, Bridgette,
I'm a Missouri gal, not too far away. Actually we've been through Jasper several times. Our sond just finished attending school in Louisville, KY. So a time or two we stopped in Jasper, actually another time our son's car broke down there, too. So we made a quick trip out there to help get his car towed the rest of the way to Louisville. Is that the exit to Santa Claus, IN, too? Our first time down to Louisville, we had to stop, I collect Santas, mostly old world ones, so naturally we had to drive over there to see what exactly a town by the name of Santa Clause would look like. We weren't disappointed and I took quite a few pictures. It was fun.

I'm glad that you have found a place to call "home" with the rest of your "sisters." I look forward to hearing more from you and being able to cheer you on to continued success with your weight loss and organic pursuits. God bless you with determination and patience as you work towards your goals.

In His hands,
Lynda

Pray in faith and you will not live in doubt.
Go to Top of Page
  **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Hello from Indiana Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page