Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2007 :  05:59:24 AM  Show Profile
I usually can keep track of her travels but thought she was home now. Just concerned as I haven't seen a post in a while.
NANCY JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com

downbranchroad
True Blue Farmgirl

374 Posts

Joy
Southern KY
USA
374 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2007 :  4:17:00 PM  Show Profile  Send downbranchroad a Yahoo! Message
I miss Frannie too:(

Appalachian Girl Jem
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2007 :  6:11:13 PM  Show Profile
hey sweetie-pies .. thursday morning .. i jus' upped and decided to head 'nawth' to toledo to visit the kidlings. at our thanksgiving visit .. we accidentally packed up wednesday's wonderful new camera we had given her for her 'halloween' birthday. they didn't want to miss any 'kodak moments' with the children .. and asked us to mail it right away. what with the christmas rush .. i surely didn't want it 'getting lost' in the mail .. soooo .. i decided to come up here (toledo) for the weekend! packed the van full of their christmas gifts that i've been buying (most i had already wrapped and marked "from Santa") .

a wonderful childhood memory that i have that i dearly love and continued the tradition with our children and now our grandchildren .. and our children carry it on with their children too. ALL gifts (except one) are marked FROM SANTA .. no one needs to get 'credit' for 'most or best' .. and the children love that they are so loved by SANTA and feel proud that they had been 'good girls and boys'.

well, anyhoo .. i'll now be here for the rest of this week .. cuz' daugter wednesday heads for denver on monday for the week .. she has NEVER been away from them for more than ONE night (and then only ONCE) .. and THAT was when she went to take the BAR EXAM to become a lawyer .. soooooo .. i realize it is going to be VERY rough on HER and the kids ... soooo .. their "GA" is gonna' stay and help their daddy take care of them this week ..

OHHHHH .. and I "SWEAR" by the stars above .. that the very first word that both LUCAS and SOFIA uttered .. within days of their birth .. was my NAME "GA" .. (that's how i got it!!!) ... BUT .. be still my heart .. tonight .. sofia was sitting in her high chair and we were asking her to say her 'words" ma-ma .. da-da .. baby .. ball (they SWEAR she said LUCAS last week ... TWICE!!!) she's 14 months old. we asked her to say "GA" .. and CLEAR AS A STARRY NIGHT WITH NO CLOUDS .. she grinned real big .. looked at me and said:

"GA" ... then i got so excited yellin' and jumpin' up and down . that i scared the crap outta' her!!! sooooo .. i 'calmed down' .. and asked her to say it again ... yep! another big grin and "GA". i'm writing this day on my heart forever!

well, anyhoo, ya-ya's .. i'm still here .. jus' been busy with the holidays! hope you are all having a wonderful season! xo, frannie

True Friends * Frannie

HEAR MY STORIES
come, visit my:
"GATHERING ROOM" ..

http://freedomvalleyfarm.blogspot.com

adopt a 'rag-chile'
http://sistermercysfoundlinhome.blogspot.com

AFRICA .. through my eyes and heart
http://africathroughmyeyesandheart.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic WHERE IS FREEDOM FRANNIE? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic