westernhorse51
True Blue Farmgirl

1681 Posts

michele
farmingdale n.j.
USA
1681 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2005 :  05:49:11 AM  Show Profile
Hi, I was responding to a previous post about hair length then I thought maybe someone would have an answer for me. My hair is short and the color has been a soft silver, I love it, I love anything silver including my hair. We have lived here for over a year and we have well water, my hair is turning a dull gray and I hate it. I dont know if it's just me getting that "older" gray thats not very attractive or the well water making it dull. Anyone have any input? I am a bit vain I guess because I am ready to put a rinse in it. I love my age, I love getting older but I also love aging with a bit of dignity. I know vanity isnt really a farmgirl image but I am a bit vain I guess, Im not ready for the "old gray" look just yet. Michele

she selects wool and flax and works with eager hands Prov.31:13

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2005 :  07:08:14 AM  Show Profile
This may be neither here or there, Michele, but I'll offer up my observation of my own hair. I have some white hairs, not alot. Mainly it's all still various shades of red/auburn/chestnut. I was putting Natural Instincts on it for awhile because it was just looking dull, and I can tolerate white hair ok... but dull just doesn't do it. So, when I made my dietary change for health reasons, I mainly eat vegetarian now. Guess what? My hair has "shined" up all on it's own!!!! I know there's a correlation, but I cannot explain it. Just accepting it as good!

**** Love is the great work - though every heart is first an apprentice. - Hafiz
Set a high value on spontaneous kindness. - Samuel Johnson****
Go to Top of Page

westernhorse51
True Blue Farmgirl

1681 Posts

michele
farmingdale n.j.
USA
1681 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2005 :  07:27:31 AM  Show Profile
Clare, you do have something there. I've been eating on the run alot w/ Ed back & forth to Dr.'s & hospitals. I still try to eat healthy but not as I usually do. I cook for them during the day but I dont get a chance to eat what I cook. He will have surgery Mon. or Tues. so then I hope I can get back to normal. Silver I like, it was nice & soft, dull I cant handle. Thanks, Michele

she selects wool and flax and works with eager hands Prov.31:13
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2005 :  08:22:14 AM  Show Profile
Hi Michele -- could it possible be the minerals in your water that is making your hair dull? Maybe try a clarifying shampoo. But diet and stress definitely are a factor to consider.

"If you are lucky enough to have a garden, you are lucky enough!"
Go to Top of Page

greyghost
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

Lynn
Summerville Georgia
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2005 :  08:30:09 AM  Show Profile  Click to see greyghost's MSN Messenger address
My parent's well water was terrible before they got a water softener and purification system. Now I love how my hair and skin feels when I visit them. So it could be the water!
Go to Top of Page

quiltedess
True Blue Farmgirl

296 Posts

Nancy
Priest River ID
USA
296 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2005 :  09:27:42 AM  Show Profile
Just a thought. It could be the extra minerals in the well water, I think they bind with the shampoo and make it hard to get it rinsed off and the soap could be building up. Try a rinse of vinegar/water or lemon/water. I heard that vinegar is good for dark hair and lemon for light. Otherwise, I think the "good diet" idea is a great one.

As for being vain . . . count me in on that one too. Shiny hair, radiant skin, etc. are signs of good health.

Nancy

Edited by - quiltedess on Aug 11 2005 09:32:31 AM
Go to Top of Page

greyghost
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

Lynn
Summerville Georgia
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2005 :  10:03:52 AM  Show Profile  Click to see greyghost's MSN Messenger address
I read rosemary is also good for dark hair and makes it shiny.

Go to Top of Page

KarenP
True Blue Farmgirl

666 Posts

Karen
Chippewa Falls Wisconsin
USA
666 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2005 :  04:45:29 AM  Show Profile
How about a shower filter?
I have one I need to get hooked up, But I think that might help too.
KarenP

"Purest Spring Water in the World"
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic HAIR and WELL WATER?? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page