realme52
True Blue Farmgirl

106 Posts

Klara
Gatesville Texas
USA
106 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2005 :  3:43:43 PM  Show Profile
Sher, we got ducks. They do a lot of quacking, but they can walk quietly if they only want to!

From this hour on I ordain myself loss'd of limits and immaginary lines. Walt Whitman
Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2005 :  3:58:20 PM  Show Profile
I JUST saw something on TV about why men have nipples and I can't remember the reason!!!! ARRRRRGG!! It was on some show like Dateline or something.

farmgirl@heart

Be at peace with yourself and the rest will follow
Go to Top of Page

quiltedess
True Blue Farmgirl

296 Posts

Nancy
Priest River ID
USA
296 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2005 :  4:03:54 PM  Show Profile
Here another one: The magnetic poles move. The North Pole which is currently above Canada may soon be over Siberia. Even stranger than that; at certain times in Earth's history, the poles have actually flipped (about every 600,000 years). So I guess that means that the water in our flushing toilets could start going backwards.
Nancy
Go to Top of Page

hapyhrt
True Blue Farmgirl

129 Posts

USA
129 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2005 :  04:25:32 AM  Show Profile
[quote]Originally posted by realme52

Sher, we got ducks. They do a lot of quacking, but they can walk quietly if they only want to![quote][i]

LOL, Thanks for the reply, guess that wasn't a true fact afterall, gotta watch out for those one's! Thanks for setting the record straight! "Inquiring minds need to know!"

"Think HAPPY Thoughts...any others aren't worth your time!" Ü

Edited by - hapyhrt on Aug 14 2005 04:27:46 AM
Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2005 :  10:33:35 AM  Show Profile
Ok, here is something I read: "What is the difference between the plains and the prairie? One hundred degrees longitude, a line that runs north-south near Dodge City, is the approximate dividing line between the two. To the east of the line are the tall grasses-the prairie- and to the west are the short grasses-the plains. The former are better for crops, and the latter for grazing."

farmgirl@heart

Be at peace with yourself and the rest will follow
Go to Top of Page

greyghost
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

Lynn
Summerville Georgia
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2005 :  11:30:57 AM  Show Profile  Click to see greyghost's MSN Messenger address
Einstein's light bulb still works - burning bright as ever in Clearwater Florida's Museum.

Chevy once - briefly - made indestructible brakes for their cars. My dad has one of the about 600 of those made on his 1964 Corvette.
Go to Top of Page

CelticCoyote
True Blue Farmgirl

111 Posts

Heather
Illinois
USA
111 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2005 :  12:46:33 PM  Show Profile
And on the subject of cars, back in the early 40s, during the war, there was such a drastic shortage of metal in America that license plates were made out of soybeans. I actually saw a couple the other day...they look like a hefty sort of pressed wood or cardboard. They were in pretty good shape, considering their age.

Henry Ford was a HUGE fan of the soybean...he came up with hundreds of uses for them, and at one point, worked very hard to invent an engine that would run on soy products instead of gasoline. Sadly, he didn't succeed before he died.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Interesting Useless Facts Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page