Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Barter™
 Wanted: handmade dolls/stuffed animals
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic Wanted: handmade dolls/stuffed animals Next Topic  

Amie C.
True Blue Farmgirl

2099 Posts

Finger Lakes Region NY
2099 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2007 :  08:42:31 AM  Show Profile
Hello, all. I'm looking for two small dolls or stuffed animals to get for my two nieces for Christmas. They are both two years old. What with all the toy recalls this year, I'd really like to get them a litte homemade something. I've been browsing through the etsy sites listed in the blog/etsy rollcall, but I'm not finding anything.

If you make dolls/toys, or if you have some nice (preferably unused) ones that someone else made, please let me know. I can either buy them outright or perhaps come up with a barter if you are interested in that.

I know somebody out there makes what I want!

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2007 :  09:37:39 AM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
Amie I couldmake them little mop dolls, Email me and I'll make one up so you cansee what they look like. I swapped one with someone a few months ago but for thelife of medont remember who. Just let me know!!

Mama to 2
Your FreckleFaced Farm Girl!!
http://myfarmdreams.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2007 :  10:12:27 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Also Luzy here on the forum makes wonderful dolls. She made the MaryJane, Megan and Stella dolls that are travelling around and a Raggety Ann doll for Nora for Christmas :D I will have to post a picture soon of that one...

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9385 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9385 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2007 :  12:12:30 PM  Show Profile
Amie,
Check out my etsy site and you'll find homemade dolls there.

Denise

www.torismimi.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Rebekka Mae
True Blue Farmgirl

965 Posts

Rebekka
Moscow ID
USA
965 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2007 :  12:14:25 PM  Show Profile
Amie- I have many natural fiber dolls and toys on my etsy store. I started making all these items for the reasons you say- not wanting to give my kids things with weird materials or toxic chemicals applied.
The link is below, feel free to email me with any questions.
Warmly, Rebekka

www.bebebella.etsy.com

As a woman I have no country. As a woman, my country is the whole world.

Virginia Woolf
Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2007 :  09:15:31 AM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
amie,
i sent you a email message, i make little stuffed animals and they are sold through sunshines store, vintage threads. you have to look under the sewing section to find them. maybe they could work out as a gift.

love
fran

(http://farmfolks-frannie.blogspot.com/)
Go to Top of Page

Amie C.
True Blue Farmgirl

2099 Posts

Finger Lakes Region NY
2099 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2007 :  11:25:12 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for all the great suggestions! I am looking at all of them, so please keep them coming...
Go to Top of Page

simplebasics
Farmgirl in Training

22 Posts

Michelle
Pomeroy WA
USA
22 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2007 :  09:44:58 AM  Show Profile
hi. a great shop is: www.tiddlywinks.etsy.com
i love the stuffed animals/dolls!!! super!!!

michelle

a message from SIMPLE BASICS
Go to Top of Page

gafarmwoman
True Blue Farmgirl

244 Posts

Pam
Georgia
USA
244 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2007 :  09:30:06 AM  Show Profile
Hi, I make a stuffed dog named PeeWeeDog. Each one has PeeWeeDog#-- on the tail-I am on number 51 now. Also on one ear I can embroidery the child's name and the other their birthday. They come with an adoption certificate with the child's name on it. Also a picture story page with a PeeWeeDogs story of on the farm. I have one on www.gafarmwoman.etsy.com You can also see some with my Grandson on http://georgiafarmwoman.blogspot.com The one I am making now is for a 2year old girl. Thanks
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2007 :  1:44:30 PM  Show Profile
Pam...I LOVE your little peewee dogs!! I may have to get one for my little Granddaughter soon...cute cute cute!!!

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Amie C.
True Blue Farmgirl

2099 Posts

Finger Lakes Region NY
2099 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2007 :  06:50:33 AM  Show Profile
Hi, everyone. Just so you know, I found some little knitted animals at a local craft sale. Thanks for all your suggestions. I'm glad other people are getting gift ideas from this thread...feel free to keep adding to it if others are also looking for xmas gifts.
Go to Top of Page
  *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic Wanted: handmade dolls/stuffed animals Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page