Printer Friendly
Author Family Matters: Previous Topic Babies on the brain.... Next Topic  

Nin
True Blue Farmgirl

106 Posts

Enjoyng life in the world of Peachy Hollow

106 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2007 :  12:26:37 PM  Show Profile
I never thought I would ever feel like this, but lately I've been getting really broody and wanting babies.

*sigh*

www.peachyhollow.com

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2007 :  12:27:48 PM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
Woohoo!!! Babies are great. Goodluck!

Mama to 2
Your FreckleFaced Farm Girl!!
http://myfarmdreams.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

Nin
True Blue Farmgirl

106 Posts

106 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2007 :  12:30:31 PM  Show Profile
it's NOT going to happen just yet though, lol!

www.peachyhollow.com
Go to Top of Page

Nin
True Blue Farmgirl

106 Posts

106 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2007 :  12:31:42 PM  Show Profile
maybe in about 2-3yrs.....hubby and I have to be in the same country first (I'm in England waiting for my greencard to come through; he's in the US)

www.peachyhollow.com
Go to Top of Page

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2007 :  12:37:31 PM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
Well NEVER say NEVER ! lol. Ooops babies are kind fun! I hope your greencard comes quickly as possible for you!

Mama to 2
Your FreckleFaced Farm Girl!!
http://myfarmdreams.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

Nin
True Blue Farmgirl

106 Posts

106 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2007 :  5:31:14 PM  Show Profile
thanks, i hope so too!

www.peachyhollow.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2007 :  6:46:05 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Nin-

Start knitting those booties! You will love to have so many sweet things for the baby-to-be(someday). Babies are so sweet and I am so thankful for mine! I know you will get your sweet little angel when the time is right!

Honestly, I was one of those women that said "I never want to have kids" but like I said before- I am so thankful for mine. My life before having a baby was like living in shades of grey. You don't even realize how much richness and meaning they bring to your life until you have one.

I am sure you will be an excellent mother!

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2007 :  9:54:15 PM  Show Profile
Nin. I'M wanting a baby, and I know I'm not capable of having one...but I'm broody too :P
Maybe it's the time of year or something.
I hope you get to come "home" to your husband soon

Wishing you joy in small things and peace in your heart

Annika

http://panzymoon.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2007 :  11:52:22 AM  Show Profile
I go through this from time to time--especially after seeing my wonderful niece and nephew. I just love snuggling up to them and the things they do and say, and for days after, I feel a bit of longing for children. I remember feeling the urgency and gloominess you mention when I first got married, especially because we were away from each other a lot, and then it subsided when the "norm" settled in, which isn't a bad thing. I like "who we are" right now, with our dogs and our cats, and someday, a child would be a wonderful addition.

I also must admit that, there are other times I rush home and take my birth control pills, like when I leave my good friend's house, who also has 2 children. Must be the parenting

Good luck, Nin. I hope you two get together soon and then, maybe you can start practicing

"She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
http://www.buyhandmade.org/
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2007 :  4:39:18 PM  Show Profile
Aw Sweet Pea! i can see you with a baby though! Really the way you dot over Paige! I know you love her.. & alot of it's just fun.. & the fact that your missing your Dear Hubby..
But I think you'll be a wonderful Mommy of course.. !!!
& i think you really are wanting a baby! Really!!
& of course i'm being selfish here.. because i want to be a Grannie dang it!
So... Get busy Woman!!

In a World Where you Can Be Anything, Be Yourself..
Go to Top of Page

Meg
Moderator/Farmgirl True

974 Posts

Meg
Idaho
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2007 :  8:54:06 PM  Show Profile
It's absolutely the best thing on earth (and the hardest)!! Our little Stella just turned one and each day is the best day of my life...It's amazing. So, here's to lots of practicing until then for you and hubby...when you get to see each other, of course.

MaryJane's daughter,

Meg
megan@maryjanesfarm.org
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2007 :  06:30:34 AM  Show Profile
I keep hoping that I'll get pregnant soon, but so far we've not been blessed. I think having or adopting and parenting is an amazing gift. Just being a special part of a child's life, it's so precious. I spent the last Friday evening at my best friend's home and her 2 grandsons were there playing around. Her son and his wife are expecting another son early next year. After I went home I guess I felt a bit broody myself. It might be the time of year, I don't know. When I was younger my best friend said hurry and have a baby so that our children can grow up together, now she's saying that about her grandchildren and a child I might have.

Nin, I hope you and your husband have a great time this holiday season. I know those times you can be together are so special and I hope that you will be able to move here soon.

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Peanut
True Blue Farmgirl

603 Posts

Jennifer
Waverly Virginia
USA
603 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2007 :  07:04:27 AM  Show Profile
You know, you always hear that one can love an adopted child just as much as a biological one, but now that I have the daycare I understand that. These children pull at my heartstrings just as much as my own children. I haven't "lost" anyone to preschool yet, but I'm bracing myself for that day. I'm tearing up just thinking of it.

"What is a farm but a mute gospel?"
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2007 :  12:44:07 PM  Show Profile
We handle adoptions here in our office, and I have to say, it's one of my favorite parts of our practice. I LOVE how excited the families are when they get the "legal" ball rolling, and that they bring their little ones in all decked out to meet us. So sweet, and when the adoption is official, it's such a celebration, all the grands come and participate and get their photos taken with the judge. Very special, indeed. Both of my bosses children are adopted.
Born to you, adopted, or mentoring, children are really wonderful!

"She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
http://www.buyhandmade.org/
Go to Top of Page

Nin
True Blue Farmgirl

106 Posts

106 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2007 :  11:43:32 AM  Show Profile
I just found out that *another* friend of mine is now expecting in the Spring which hasn't helped, and a friend that I stayed with this weekend has been trying for a baby for almost a year now without success, I feel so sad for her, but I know their time will come.

I hope that babies will happen for us in the next 2-3 years. We just found out the other day that my immigration will now take EVEN LONGER (up to a year) and so when I finally do make it out there we may have some decisions to make- is it really worth me starting a new two year research position if I'm just going to leave halfway through?? So in a weird way, I think it means that we might end up starting a family sooner rather than later. Maybe, I don't know.

In the meantime, I've just bought some baby knitting books so that I can make things for my friends. And of course I can still knit for Paige too, hee hee!

www.peachyhollow.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2007 :  12:19:17 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Nin-

Do you have a good green-card lawyer? I have a friend who has gone through the same thing you are (from England and having to get green card to stay here with her new husband) and her stuff got done very quickly because her lawyer. Email me if you would like his number. They are out of California.

Could you possibly come "visit" your husband? Is there anyway you two could live off one income if you moved now to the States? I think you can "visit" for as long as you want as long as you aren't trying to work. I'm not sure about that though.

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
Go to Top of Page

Nin
True Blue Farmgirl

106 Posts

106 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2007 :  09:33:09 AM  Show Profile
Oooh, thanks Alee! I will email you right now.

We're having problems because a) they changed the laws at the beginning of the year so that now I have to be checked against the sex offenders registry which means I can no longer apply through the embassy here in the UK, and all applications from all over the world now have to be processed through the US instead and b) they put the fees up in the summer, and there was a spike in applications right before the fees went up, so now there is a backlog...they have 2.5 million applications to process right now.

But if there's even the remotest chance that I can get in more quickly then I am willing to try anything!

www.peachyhollow.com
Go to Top of Page
  Family Matters: Previous Topic Babies on the brain.... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page