CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2007 :  07:26:03 AM  Show Profile
oh lordy! i sure do love this little village in Green County, Kentucky!

Freedom Valley Farm - Kentucky

Saturday, November 24, 2007
Greensburg, KY Christmas Parade and Celebration

a lovely, lovely evening!!! arrived in town in time to run to glovers' station and say 'howdy' to the gurlfrenz .. then over to the olde Courthouse to hear Warren Wolf play his guitar and sing. i swear .. he sings like the angels! very moving songs .. i even got all teary-eyed during several of them! THEN .. the PARADE! this year .. i was one of the 'judges' .. which is usually so hard for me because i've always been one of them-thar: EVERYONE'S A WINNER type of gurlz! but it was fun taking notes and pickin' and choosing .. discovered that all three of us (judges) were pretty like-minded in our choices! had THREE categories ... church .. civic and non-floats .. and three winners in each category .. FIRST .. SECOND and THIRD place.

EVERYONE truly was deserving of an award .. gosh .. i do love this town. our theme this year was HOME FOR CHRISTMAS .. and the floats honoring our soldiers were the ones that tugged most at my heartstrings! we have a young man from Green County that died in Iraq. He also had a twin brother serving there too. I really appreciated the float that honored young Ryan's sacrifice for our country!

At the end of the parade .. SANTA was delivered down main street in a wagon pulled by a team of mules ..it was wonderfully 'country'!!! like a painting by norman rockwell!

After the parade .. a little more 'town visiting' with friends gathering here and there .. then a deeeeeeeeeeeeeeelicious dinner with honey hunk at fabulous Lucy Tuckers!

i do hope your own hometown is having celebrations and that you will be a part of them!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS SWEET PRINCES AND PRINCESSES ... and remember those less fortunate than us .. and especially the brave men and women in our military. xo

True Friends * Frannie

HEAR MY STORIES
come, visit my:
"GATHERING ROOM" ..

http://freedomvalleyfarm.blogspot.com

adopt a 'rag-chile'
http://sistermercysfoundlinhome.blogspot.com

CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2007 :  10:18:49 AM  Show Profile
Frannie,
What a great time you must of had. You know you just want to make me up and move to Kentucky! I don't think too many smaller towns have the parades. You are very lucky to live in such a special place. At least we get to experience things through your descriptions, it's almost as good as being there!

MJ

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. Freya Stark
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Greensburg, Kentucky Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page