Printer Friendly
Author Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic my "twiced baked" potatoes Next Topic  

shawna
True Blue Farmgirl

241 Posts

missouri (north)
241 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2007 :  09:22:03 AM  Show Profile
sooo easy and sooo yummy! i prepare the potatoes just like i was going tomake mashed, with or with out skins- both ways are good- cut and put in water to boil. do not boil all the way soft (you want em to hold some shape after you stir) drain water and stir in onions (purple ones are great) , cheese(we like colby) too much butter, salt, pepper a bit of garlic, and some bacon bits are great too! at this point if you are short on time you can go ahead and serve, your hot potatoes will melt butter and cheese or put in oven on about 300 for maybe 10-15 min. (just keep an eye on it) give it one last stir and serve! this is great for left overs. its fool proof! or should i say baby proof (those of us cooking with little ones running around need!
p.s.thought i would add-we sometimes instead of putting in oven we have put in pan and heated in grill or in the smoker--way to yummy!

xoxo mommyread.spaces.live.com

Edited by - shawna on Nov 21 2007 09:46:31 AM

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2007 :  09:26:47 AM  Show Profile
Thanks, Shawna. I copied this and printed it out for tonight-- a LOT of cooking going on and I'm not too interested in slaving over MY dinner!
Yummy!

"She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
http://www.buyhandmade.org/
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2007 :  09:36:47 AM  Show Profile
Sounds wonderful!!! Hey...a little fresh cream would be good in these too!!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic my "twiced baked" potatoes Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page