Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic On being thankful Next Topic  

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2007 :  11:24:14 AM  Show Profile
I thought that there was a Thankfulness thread open, but I can't find it.
So, I'll start and say a few words about some of the wonderful things in my life that I'm thankful for:

*First, I'm thankful for my brave tough ancestors and the can-do/WILL-do spirit and the ability to survive all the things I've been through.
*I'm thankful for the divine presence in the universe that allows me a tiny glimpse of it's magic sometimes.
*I'm Thankful for them memories of my mama that are good, her love of wildlife and music, for the memories of my Wild Texas Grandma Kathy who taught me that nothing is impossible and how to be a lady when I need to be and how to not be a lady when I don't, for my Great Aunt Kaleta for teaching me to have grace under fire and always live life to it's fullest. I miss you all.
*I'm thankful for my wonderful beloved Drew and all of the things that we have shared and hopefully will share.
*I'm thankful for the internet, for allowing my dad and me to connect and find peace with each other after so many years.
*I'm thankful for my humble little home and for the fun of remodeling and making it "Home"
*I'm thankful for my crazy menagerie of pets
*I'm thankful for my wonderful doctors who keep me going when I'm trying to fall apart.
*I'm thankful for having just enough and not having to struggle
*I'm thankful for finding peace with my fear of aging and my joy in facing it
*I'm thankful for the chance to play farm girl and learn on my own little spot of the Palouse how to do what works and learn through trial and error. I always think its best that way, you remember your mistakes long after they have stopped stinging LOL!
*I'm thankful for realizing that I was NOT meant to live in a city. Some people go their whole lives with out understanding where they belong and who they really are.
*I'm thankful for my friends old and new.
*I'm thankful for finding this little haven of caring and fun **Thank you MaryJane**
*And for so many tiny miracles that happen in a twinkling of an eye and go un-noticed that make life so worth living and for the joy of mindfulness and meditation that allows me to appreciate them.

I have my troubles daily, but I am humbled by how much I have to be thankful for.

Wishing you joy in small things and peace in your heart

Annika

http://panzymoon.wordpress.com/

Phils Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

1095 Posts

Ann
Parsonsburg Maryland
USA
1095 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2007 :  11:38:40 AM  Show Profile
What a good idea, Annika! Joy in small things and peace in the heart... are mine. What a blessing.
I'm thankful for this forum and the caring and support shown by our farmgirl friends.
For my friends from long ago and those still part of my everyday life.
For my parents. Still alive and mostly healthy in their eighties.
For my church family and the love and support they consistently give.
For my beloved husband, for innumerable reasons the best man God could ever have given me.
For knowing peace for the future.
For still having my hands operating when ALS usually takes them first.

I, too, wish you joy in small things and peace in your heart.

Ann
Sairy Hill Thicket
There is a Redeemer.
Go to Top of Page

Leezard
True Blue Farmgirl

950 Posts

Elizabeth
Novi MI
USA
950 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2007 :  11:54:05 AM  Show Profile
I am thankful for my family (my mom and dad, my sister, brother and sister-in-law, my darling niece and the future niece or nephew that's on the way) and all of the love and support they've given me.
For my friends, few they may be they are the best.
For my health and the bright brain I've been given.
For the continuing blessings that come my way and the ability to see even the smallest ones.
For the talents that I posess and the ability to further them.
For all of the great posters on this board who offer advice, inspiration, support, laughs, shoulders to cry on and continual smiles :)

Blessings to you all!

http://ruby--slippers.blogspot.com/
www.leezard.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2007 :  4:44:39 PM  Show Profile
Great topic idea!!
I am thankful for my family,all 7 kids and my husband who puts up with me
I am thankful for my home,my old beat up wonderful home
I am thankful for the Gospel!
I am thankful for my health right now..I am feeling so much better lately
I am thankful for my grandma who taught me all my favorite things,
I am thankful for Mona..the perfect cow
I am thankful for my friends...old and new and especially farmgirls
I am thankful for the opportunity to work with children and animals..what could be better?
I am thankful that my oldest son gets to wait 2 more months to report for duty (Army) and that he will get to spend this Christmas with his little girl.
I am thankful that I was able to make a trip to visit family last week...(ALONE!!)
I am thankful that I am blessed with great neighbors and mentors...
I am thankful I found this place and MaryJane

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic On being thankful Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page