Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Farmgirl Birthdays
 my baby fell down the stairs on my birthday!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Farmgirl Birthdays: Previous Topic my baby fell down the stairs on my birthday!! Next Topic  

julia hayes
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

julia
medical lake wa
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2007 :  09:54:46 AM  Show Profile
She's FINE! I was a mess though. It was COMPLETELY 100% my fault. I thought I closed the gate but I didn't. I turned around to put something away in the sewing studio, something I do every single day and then I heard a cry, a little tumble and a scream. I raced to the stairs, my heart in my stomach. There was my little almost 1 year old at the bottom of the stairs with a little cut under her eye. She was screaming and visibly shook up. I swept her into my arms and to my relief she was instantly consoled! No visible injuries..A rug burn on her nose, a little bump on her forehead and some swelling around her left eye where the cut was. I hurriedly got my other kids in the car and we raced to the ER. The drive to the ER is a good 20 minutes and in that time the baby started babbling and smiling and razzing me. I, on the other hand, have tears streaming down my face.. I'm shaking and filled with a consuming sense of guilt and horror. I'm also feeling miserable because I'm accepting the fact that we'll probably miss my son's award ceremony waiting in the ER. He didn't know anything about it but still. I called my husband who was going to meet us at the ER. We checked in and just hung out. The baby, meanwhile, is acting like nothing happened. She's walking around, pointing at people, smiling, flirting. I'm so relieved it is all I can do not to cry..I'm holding it back. My husband showed up and took one look at the baby and said, "Let's get outta here!" Even the nurses who quickly checked her over said, "She seems just fine and if anything changes come right back." We decided to leave and I felt just fine about it. We raced to my son's school and with about 5 minutes to spare we made his ceremony. Watching him leap out of his seat to get his award was completely overwhelming! The emotions of this day, my birthday, are still raw and right at the surface for me. My baby continues to show no signs of the fall. In fact, the swelling and redness was gone by the evening and her little cut is all but gone. No other bruises or bumps were found anywhere. I am so grateful..so incredibly grateful!!
thank you for your well wishes...it kept me in the light of the day!
Julia Hayes

being simple to simply be

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2007 :  09:58:33 AM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
Julia, dont be so hard on your self.I am SURE it was an honest mistake. And shes fine. Big hugs to you. You should come to our KookyKluckers meeting next month, we would love to have you.

If you want my number email me and we can meet up for coffee or a chat one day.

Mama to 2
Your FreckleFaced Farm Girl!!
http://myfarmdreams.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2007 :  11:29:17 AM  Show Profile
Oh Julia, poor girl and on your birthday! It's so easy to kick yourself when things happen. I'm just glad that all turned out ok.

Wishing you joy in small things and peace in your heart

Annika

http://panzymoon.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

JudyBlueEyes
True Blue Farmgirl

657 Posts

Judith
Spokane Washington
USA
657 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2007 :  12:19:53 PM  Show Profile
Julia, thanks be that all is well with sweet Rianna! I tumbled down the attic stairs when I was about 7, and you know me...I'm normal - hahahahaha...And happy belated birthday!!! Peace! Judy

We come from the earth, we go back to the earth, and in between, we garden!
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2007 :  07:19:21 AM  Show Profile
Happy belated birthday and I'm glad that she wasn't hurt. She sounds like a sweet baby and it seems you were more upset than she was. Congrats again on your son's award, glad you got to make it in time. Have a great Thanksgiving!

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Farmgirl Birthdays: Previous Topic my baby fell down the stairs on my birthday!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page