Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2007 :  7:22:08 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Oh My! What a busy girl she has become recently! Now I know why she has been eating so much! They say babies usually pudge up a bit before a big breakthrough in development.

Well Nora has had a busy week! First she has really and truly learned how to crawl. No more army crawling for this girl! Nope! She sees what she wants and GOES for it! :D

And of course her first two teeth have broken through and boy are they sharp! It is so funny to feel her bite her spoon now because I can feel the resistance as I try and bring it back out of her mouth.

And just last night she learned how to sit up all by herself!! She reverse crawls with her front hands but doesn't move her legs so she sits herself up. It is so cute to watch!

She also is having soo much fun cruising in a walker that was mine as a child. I know they don't make them like this any more because of how many children fell down stairs in them (scary!), but since we don't have stairs in our house, I think it is okay. We do go to one house that has stairs- but there is a door so I just make sure it is kept closed at all times.

Just thought I would give you all an update. As soon as I can find our camera I will take a video of her crawling and doing some other fun stuff!

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2007 :  7:39:06 PM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
I cant wait to see her do all that Wednesday!!

Mama to 2
Your FreckleFaced Farm Girl!!
http://myfarmdreams.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

shawna
True Blue Farmgirl

241 Posts

missouri (north)
241 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2007 :  8:08:59 PM  Show Profile
Alee, what fun! I wonder who is learning more, the baby or the parents watching!!!-Your first baby is so amazing, to see everything for the first time! it's just such a gift from God, he must think we are special to let us witness such awesome things, enjoy! p.s. no matter how old she gets she is STILL your baby! my youngest just found his hands to his mouth, and he smiles so nice when we talk to his face! i thank it's love!!!!!!!!

xoxo s.r.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2007 :  8:51:18 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Yes, it's amazing Shawna! I am thankful for every day that I get to spend with her!

Alee
Go to Top of Page

mrs. graham
True Blue Farmgirl

50 Posts

Marqueta
Shelley ID
50 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2007 :  10:09:18 AM  Show Profile
How fun, Alee!

Frankie is crawling, too, making me realize how dirty our floor is! Ick! At least with the first one, there aren't older, messy siblings around!

Enjoy her,

~Marqueta

"Far from the madding crowd's ignoble strife Their sober wishes never learn'd to stray."~Thomas Gray
http://members.aol.com/sweetefelicity My blog http://sweetefelicity.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Peanut
True Blue Farmgirl

603 Posts

Jennifer
Waverly Virginia
USA
603 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2007 :  1:15:59 PM  Show Profile
Alee, that is so exciting!

"What is a farm but a mute gospel?"
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2007 :  1:24:46 PM  Show Profile
You mentioned that walker, Alee, and I had to laugh! I think they're great, without stairs, of course , and I'm happy to know Nora is mobile-mobile in hers!!! My mom said they had to repair mine so often because I moved so quickly in it and bounced into things. My dad thought of "tricking it out" with rubber hose on the sides to save the furniture legs and cabinetry!

I'm so glad that you're enjoying Nora growing up a bit--it can be hard, but soon enough she'll be amazing you with all the things she says, and those little idiosynchrisies in her personality will come out. Such an adventure!!!!

"She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
http://www.buyhandmade.org/
Go to Top of Page

PlumCreekMama
True Blue Farmgirl

730 Posts

Heather
Iowa
USA
730 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2007 :  3:01:44 PM  Show Profile
Sullivan just took off crawling the other day, too. He has been sitting himself up for a few weeks now. He also has sixth teeth. The other day we ate at a Chinese buffet and he ate several chunks of banana, some peach slices, about 1/2 cup cottage cheese, about 3/4 cup of crab casserole stuff, plus a bunch of noodles and rice. I seriously think he ate as much as I did. He must be getting ready for a growth spurt, because he eats about 1 1/2-2 cups of solid food at a time. Tate always ate like mad before a growth spurt too. At his 9 month checkup the other day, Sullivan was 29 inches & 18lbs 12 ozs. He still has really small feet, though! He is definitely wearing out the wheels on his walker. He actually runs in his, chasing his brother. I haven't been putting him in it much anymore, since he is acting like he wants to start pulling himself up. It seems like a couple months ago he was just born!

By the way, Tate and I went to the dentist today. A few weeks ago, Tate fell and landed on his 2 front teeth and pushed them up a bit. Well, now they are discolored and the dentist said there is bone damage, so he will probably have to have them removed. Poor kid, he's not even 3- he'll have to wait a long time to have front teeth again!
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2007 :  5:37:36 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Oh Heather that just made me cringe!!

Alee
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2007 :  5:39:49 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Now she has learned how to Clap!! Yay! What a sweet little baby I have!

Alee
Go to Top of Page
  Parenting & Farm Kids: Previous Topic Life with Nora Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page