Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 The Farm Chicks in Country Living Mag!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic The Farm Chicks in Country Living Mag! Next Topic
Page: of 2

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2005 :  4:59:54 PM  Show Profile
Hey gals, I just picked up the Sept. edition of Country Living and they are on pag 73!!

Cead Mile Failte,
Molly

"This is love: to fly toward a secret sky, to cause a hundred veils to fall each moment. First to let go of life. Finally, to take a step without feet."~Rumi

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2005 :  5:06:47 PM  Show Profile
I was so excited I didn't check my spelling..., that would be PAGE 73!

Cead Mile Failte,
Molly

"This is love: to fly toward a secret sky, to cause a hundred veils to fall each moment. First to let go of life. Finally, to take a step without feet."~Rumi

Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2005 :  6:03:57 PM  Show Profile
I saw it too!! Picked it up today!!

Jenny in Utah
The best things in life arn't things
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2005 :  6:06:56 PM  Show Profile
Oh I will have to get that!!! What is on the cover?

Being is what it is. Jean Paul Sartre
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2005 :  7:15:27 PM  Show Profile
You will love it..A room in autumn glory...with hydrangas in a vase...vintage tablecloth..old cupboard and windows with floral and plaid drapes and cornices..a mustardy yellow tan border behind the Country Living name..neat.

Jenny in Utah
Go to Top of Page

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2005 :  8:05:23 PM  Show Profile
Well, the cover depends on what part of the country you live in They are doing a dual-cover this month...mine is exactly how Jenny in Utah described it :) All reds (our favorite!)...the whole spread from this house is GORGEOUS, I just ooohed and ahhhed every page of it (I'm sure you will too!)

Cead Mile Failte,
Molly

Go to Top of Page

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2005 :  8:07:05 PM  Show Profile
I forgot to mention, the other cover looks like early American with black windsor chairs. The picture is very small in the contents page

Cead Mile Failte,
Molly

Go to Top of Page

Fabulous Farm Femmes
True Blue Farmgirl

792 Posts

Diane
Lakebay, Tacoma WA
792 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2005 :  10:39:10 PM  Show Profile  Send Fabulous Farm Femmes an AOL message
Gosh, can we stand all this <***Fame & Glory****> Congrats to the Farm Chicks.. it takes a lot of hard work to get to where they are!
YOU GO FARMGIRLS!!
Go to Top of Page

hapyhrt
True Blue Farmgirl

129 Posts

USA
129 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2005 :  11:59:25 PM  Show Profile
How exciting! Way to go Farm Chicks!

Oops! Being a newbie here, I'm not exactly sure who/what the "Farm Chicks" is all about..... Anyone care to share??? Couldn't pass up the chance to join in the fun and excitement for the Farm Chicks! Hee hee
Thanks for your patience!

"Think HAPPY Thoughts...any others aren't worth your time!" Ü
Go to Top of Page

Nicol
True Blue Farmgirl

200 Posts

Nicol

200 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2005 :  07:13:28 AM  Show Profile
Way to Go Farm Chicks! My friend and I are already planning to go to the Sept. show (with my husband's pickup, which is much bigger than mine!)
Go to Top of Page

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2005 :  08:55:39 AM  Show Profile
Sher......visit their website.... www.thefarmchicks.com ... they are good friends of MaryJane!

Cead Mile Failte,
Molly

Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2005 :  09:45:51 AM  Show Profile
I saw it too! I was so excited for them. And yes there are 2 different covers. i've seen both of them here in Kansas. I prefer the windsor chairs cover. I think that has been one of their better covers in a long time.

farmgirl@heart

Be at peace with yourself and the rest will follow
Go to Top of Page

FarmChickSerena
Farm Chick

45 Posts

Serena
WA
USA
45 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2005 :  11:37:16 AM  Show Profile
Hi everyone! So glad you found the article in Country Living. I have to say, the crew at Country Living is so wonderful and kind, and were great to work with! Big news--Teri and I have just signed on with Country Living as Contributing Editors. We're very excited to have another venue for sharing what we love. Of course, we'll still have our regular feature in MJF! :)
Thanks for your support!

Serena
www.thefarmchicks.com
Live Well * Laugh Often * Junk Much
Go to Top of Page

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2005 :  11:52:57 AM  Show Profile
That is wonderful news! Congratulations to you both! I have always enjoyed your inclusion in the magazine and now it will be a regular feature, Hooray! Way to go!

with a happy heart
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2005 :  12:36:56 PM  Show Profile
Wonderful news Serena...I sure enjoyed all the fun pictures and the article! I bet you were so pleased with it!! Congratulations!!

Jenny in Utah
Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2005 :  12:44:20 PM  Show Profile
Super news Serena and Teri!! It's like having a friend working for the magazine!

farmgirl@heart

Be at peace with yourself and the rest will follow
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2005 :  4:44:21 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations farmchicks! I will look forward to reading your columns monthly now!

Go to Top of Page

FarmChickSerena
Farm Chick

45 Posts

Serena
WA
USA
45 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2005 :  5:03:15 PM  Show Profile
I should mention the magazine shoots one year in advance, so you won't see our contributions in Country Living for a while. Thanks again for your support!

Serena
www.thefarmchicks.com
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2005 :  5:54:49 PM  Show Profile
Dang, guess I'm gonna have to re-subscribe if all my cyber buddies are going to be in the magazines regularly! Good job girls!

**** Love is the great work - though every heart is first an apprentice. - Hafiz
Set a high value on spontaneous kindness. - Samuel Johnson****
Go to Top of Page

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2005 :  6:16:08 PM  Show Profile
Hi Serena! Congrats to you and Teri, I was so excited to see you guys in there . Well, I sure love Country Living, and buy it every month, so it will not be a problem for me to wait (okay, well maybe it will be...teehee).

Cead Mile Failte,
Molly

Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2005 :  6:47:07 PM  Show Profile
I used to subscribe to Country Living mag in the mid 80's to early 90's. I was much younger, and we had just built our country house. I had a new baby daughter and basically was a city girl transplant. DH was gone ALL the time and I was very lonely. No neighbors here, and I remember when my issues of CL mag came I was elated. They were like friends to me...offering advice and ideas on how to make your home country. I still have some of those issues. I remember them so well. I may have to renew my subscription, now that farm chicks are joining up!

Go to Top of Page

FarmChickSerena
Farm Chick

45 Posts

Serena
WA
USA
45 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2005 :  7:23:37 PM  Show Profile
Meadowlark,
I have such fond memories of Country Living when it first began as well. My mom always subscribed to it, and I would eagerly await the arrival of the new issue each month. My favorite sections were the recipes and the real estate sampler. I cooked and baked to my heart's content with each new issue and tried to imagine what the interior of each house for sale must look like.
I have to pinch myself thinking that Teri and I are lucky enough to be contributing to the magazine now. We are humbled by the opportunity and hope that other moms and stay-at-home moms can see that anything is possible.

Serena
www.thefarmchicks.com

Edited by - FarmChickSerena on Aug 09 2005 7:52:48 PM
Go to Top of Page

Nicol
True Blue Farmgirl

200 Posts

Nicol

200 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2005 :  07:58:51 AM  Show Profile
Congratulations Teri and Serena! I look forward to reading your articles! See you at the Sept. show!
Go to Top of Page

Meg
Moderator/Farmgirl True

974 Posts

Meg
Idaho
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2005 :  2:49:53 PM  Show Profile
Speaking of Country Living and Teri and Serena (The Farm Chicks), have you heard the latest? We have a little romance blossoming between farms! Teri’s daughter and MaryJane’s son (my brother) met at the very moment the Country Living photo was taken of Kate and her sister, Allie (page 8 & 75). It’s the sweetest thing ever! Here’s a photo of my husband and me and Kate and Emil posing in Erik’s photo booth at our 4th of July Farm Fair.

Too much fun! We sure do love The Farm Chicks!
Click on the link for the photo.

http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/images/meg-lucas-emil-kate.jpg
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2005 :  2:58:49 PM  Show Profile
That is very sweet, Meg!!! Thanks for sharing the great photo, too!

**** Love is the great work - though every heart is first an apprentice. - Hafiz
Set a high value on spontaneous kindness. - Samuel Johnson****
Go to Top of Page

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2005 :  6:22:52 PM  Show Profile
Awww...what a gorgeous couple!!! Well, Meg you and your husband as well! Thanks for posting the photo!!!

Cead Mile Failte,
Molly

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic The Farm Chicks in Country Living Mag! Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page