Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 COUNTRY LIVING MAGAZINES AND OTHER STUFF.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic COUNTRY LIVING MAGAZINES AND OTHER STUFF. Next Topic  

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2007 :  10:00:03 AM  Show Profile
When I was at the thrift the other day I got three issues of Country Living Magazine. 1987-89. Well what a difference from the ones put out today. The feel of the paper, the pictures. To bad they don't put the care into the new ones that they did the old.
Cleaned out one of my cabinets in the basement. Looks better but I need more material. Not sure why since I don't really sew, but you know, its just so pretty to have. Anyway, took everything out, ironed all the material, and then put everything back. Good thing I like to iron. Everything just gets so FLAT when you iron.

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2007 :  10:46:14 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
I agree about the old Country Living magazines, Nancy Jo. I buy the old ones whenever I come across them(I wasn't reading them in the 80's, so it's really a nice treat now. My bff Susan was reading them then and she complains about the difference now.) And I agree about the ironing thing, too. I love to iron.

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?" - 'Brother Dave' Gardner
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic COUNTRY LIVING MAGAZINES AND OTHER STUFF. Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page