Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic counting your blessings! Next Topic  

shawna
True Blue Farmgirl

241 Posts

missouri (north)
241 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2007 :  08:06:42 AM  Show Profile
with Thanksgiving coming,it always reminds us of what we are thankful for.....so I thought we could be a blessing to one another by sharing our blessings.
......count away!!!!

xoxo s.r.

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2007 :  08:35:51 AM  Show Profile
Great idea Shawna!! I'll start:
I have been incredibly blessed this past year, family, health, a new job, all of you Farm girl friends. I've had a year of growth with God and growing up myself, I don't know...sorta finding yourself I guess! (I didn't know I was looking!)
How 'bout gals....how have you all been blessed?

My soul magnifies the Lord, And my spirit rejoices in God my Savior. Luke 1:46,47
www.beequilting.blogspot.com
http://beemoosie-picture-diary.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2007 :  08:57:59 AM  Show Profile
This year has not been an easy one for me, but for many reasons, I still feel that I am fortunate, and that I have been given abundance in many aspects of my life. I'm thankful that, even having no money, there are still plenty of things to "whip up" in the kitchen (with a little imagination) but we always have a pantry full of dog and cat food. I'm so thankful for friends both near and far (farmgirls, there are some days I couldn't make it without you). We still have our home, when so many others are losing theirs. We have the joy of our menagerie of pets, who make me laugh when I didn't think I could. We are both in good health, when a good friend is struggling with his own mortality. This year, I have been made aware of all of the "little" things that I take for granted--that we are still in love and make an effort to be, even through tough times.
This year has been humbling in so many ways, for that I am most thankful.

"She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
http://www.buyhandmade.org/
Go to Top of Page

Peanut
True Blue Farmgirl

603 Posts

Jennifer
Waverly Virginia
USA
603 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2007 :  09:27:06 AM  Show Profile
I'm especially thankful for my family. I was married for 5 years to a man who didn't treat me right, was very controlling, etc. I finally worked up the courage to leave. Almost as soon as the papers were signed I found Keith (my husband). We've known each other our whole lives, but discovered quickly that we were perfect for each other. Our one year anniversary is November 17th and we have our first baby on the way (we have two daughters from my previous marriage). Keith has a wonderful family including four older sisters who I just love to pieces. My own younger brother died 3 years ago, so all of these people have been such a blessing.

I'm always thankful this time of year (especially) for the way things have turned out. I feel like a whole world opened up to me.

"What is a farm but a mute gospel?"
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

shawna
True Blue Farmgirl

241 Posts

missouri (north)
241 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2007 :  11:17:27 AM  Show Profile
I have new blessings everyday,I'm ashamed when i stop and think about how i take so many for granted.
I'm blessed....to have 4!healthy children, my husband safety, who has travelled to kansas and back almost everyday,(1 1/2 hr. drive each way) a lady in the town where i live who inspires me(she is how i found MJ's web site), my grandma who just had her 90!b-day despite getting really sick and dc.claiming it was the end, a wonderful Aunt in-law who came to help me take care of my children a wk after baby was born and step sister who came to see him born, a GOD who sees all of me and STILL loves me! wow what more could a girl ask for?.....well he seems to keep handing the blessings out, day by day there is so much! today-a most beutiful fall day,children playing outside, baby nursing peacefully, and dreams for days to come!

xoxo s.r.
Go to Top of Page

shawna
True Blue Farmgirl

241 Posts

missouri (north)
241 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2007 :  10:34:13 PM  Show Profile
just wanted to bumb this back up---thankful for a lovely day today. temps were high 60!!!! we had the windows open and the kids had a good time exploring in the yard. also thankful I can send my kids out to play, they are safe! we still live in a Free Country!!! may showers of blessings fall on you today!

xoxo mommyread.spaces.live.com
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2007 :  11:49:47 PM  Show Profile
Thank y0u f0r bumping this back up, I didn't see it the first time.
I am thankful every day that I can wake up and take a breath. That I have a crazy, fun and l0ving family. F0r my br0ther wh0 calls up every week t0 check and see h0w I am d0ing, f0r the laughter that c0mes fr0m y0u and s0 very many 0f y0u. F0r having the delight 0f disc0vering MJ's farms. F0r all 0f y0u that c0ntinue t0 enrich and make my life better each day, t0 enc0urage me t0 be the best that I can be and that is g00d en0ugh. This year has n0t been with0ut challenges, but y0u all have made them eaiser. F0r that I fell incredibly grateful. F0r the l0ve, j0y and peace that I recieve daily fr0m my Savi0ur, I c0uld never ever live with0ut that.
Thank y0u all because there are n0t en0ugh w0rds t0 explain my gratefullness.
CS

listening to the quiet moments
www.Quitemoments.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

gateway girl
True Blue Farmgirl

135 Posts

Shari
Missouri
USA
135 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2007 :  5:48:56 PM  Show Profile
I have been so blessed throughout my life. I was married to a very abusive man for 22 years, but blessed with 4 wonderful children. I was widowed in 2000 only to have God place me in a position to meet my soulmate and now husband of 4 years. I thank God for this man every day. He is a dream come true. I am blessed with 5 beautiful grandchildren with another due in December.I've been blessed to find all you farmgirls and feel that I can now say that I've got friends. Thank you all so much. God has blessed me abundantly and I thank him everyday for those blessings.

Shari

Life is a chain of moments of enjoyment, it's not just about survival. Live every second to it's fullest!

Go to Top of Page

kissmekate
True Blue Farmgirl

890 Posts

Kate
Delano Minnesota
890 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2007 :  8:54:35 PM  Show Profile
I have had a rough year myself too. I have certainly counted my blessings along the way.

While my health isn't the greatest, it is much better than it was six months ago, and only improving each day.

I have a cute little house that I almost lost, but managed to scrape up the money to keep it.
I have two healthy children to drive me crazy. A sweet little dog who has made me laugh at his "antics" when I wasn't sure we should get one.
A good job that I love (for the most part) and it covers all of our needs.
Two great best friends, who both make me laugh, dye my hair for me, will let me drag them to good will and all my other "goofy" little shops, they drink margaritas at the cabin, and talk me off the ledge when I am upset.
And I have lots of forum friends too, on here and another I belong to.

I am lucky God feels inclined to bless me this much!!

Don't miss out on a blessing, just because it isn't packaged the way you expected. ~MaryJo Copeland
Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2007 :  03:20:55 AM  Show Profile
I'm thankful and grateful for our religious freedom. The whole REASON why we even have a Thanksgiving to celebrate.

I'm also thankful for my family and our health. My husband with his unshakable faith and patience. Steady employment land to roam and a few 4-footed companions to roam with me

All in all it's been a decent year for us. Even in the better times. I still pause to give thanks.
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic counting your blessings! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page