Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 need prayers to sell my paintings
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic need prayers to sell my paintings Next Topic  

PlumJoy
True Blue Farmgirl

50 Posts

joy
Merced Ca.
50 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2007 :  12:31:46 PM  Show Profile
I could really use all the prayers from caring friends right now. I have asked God to help me to sell my art work, especially my paintings. I am disabled now and am barely making it, so it is time to use the talents that God gave me, to be able to improve my situation. I thank God for what I do have, I just need your imput for sales. I know that many of you have businesses of your own and could give me great advice. I am a very good listener.

Respectfully,
PlumJoy
California

Edited by - PlumJoy on Nov 07 2007 12:34:02 PM

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2007 :  2:50:54 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Joy- Have you considered starting an etsy site for your artwork? They are very easy to set up

www.etsy.com

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2007 :  7:29:37 PM  Show Profile
I would suggest an etsy shop as well, but not only that..but try approaching a few businesses in your area..coffee shops, sometimes the local banks are even willing to display art works in their foyer areas.what about specialty boutiques?
find out about your local arts association..sometimes there are local artists get togethers and someone there can steer you towards a local art community..alot of those folks might be in the "know" on how to get the word out.Find out about local charity events and donate a painting to go towards a charitable event or raffle...leave plenty of cards so that those attending the event can contact you if they like your work..this helps to promote yourself.
Another idea would be to advertise for commissioned art works..such as portraits of pets or children.(if you do that sort of thing)you can leave cards in places like vet clinics or at hair salons, pet boutiques.
Another thing is..do a simple write up and include images..of your work and yourself for a community interest press release..alot of newspapers are interested in including and highlighting local talent and local interest stories in the "locals" section of the newspaper.
Best of wishes!

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
visit me at:
http://gardengoose.blogspot.com/
and at www.stliving.net
you can also check out my etsy shops at:http://GardenGooseGifts.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

PlumJoy
True Blue Farmgirl

50 Posts

joy
Merced Ca.
50 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2007 :  10:17:23 AM  Show Profile
I want to thank you girls for your advise and your prayers. I have many new ideas now to follow up, some I would have never thought of myself. I have spent my adult life raising my children by myself. Not by myself, it was always me and God, but now I face new challenges and I am excited in this new adventure. Thank you again.

PlumJoy
Artist
California
Go to Top of Page
  Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic need prayers to sell my paintings Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page