Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Brian Williams on Saturday Night Live
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Brian Williams on Saturday Night Live Next Topic  

Hideaway Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1553 Posts

Jo
Virginia
USA
1553 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2007 :  07:26:06 AM  Show Profile
Any SNL fans out there?

I was a big fan in the 1970's, and have watched it on and off over the years. Nightly News anchor Brian Williams hosting the show.

I've always liked him in his news anchor role, and could hardly believe my eyes when I saw the trailers for the show last week.

DH and I had to stay up late that night (rarity for us) to see the whole show, and we thought he was absolutely fantastic. DH said "I'll never look at him the same way again" - in a very complimentary fashion.

Anyway, just wondered if any of you enjoyed the show, if not, try to catch the video online. Or, with the writers strike maybe they'll use it as a rerun sometime soon!

Not that he needs to give up his day job, but I have to give a big shout-out to him for showing us that he has some serious comedy chops!

Jo

"Wish I had time to work with herbs all day!"

Peanut
True Blue Farmgirl

603 Posts

Jennifer
Waverly Virginia
USA
603 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2007 :  07:30:43 AM  Show Profile
I heard this was really good, Hideaway.

I either need to stay up a lot later or get Tivo!

"What is a farm but a mute gospel?"
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

Aunt T
True Blue Farmgirl

73 Posts

Tricia
Robinson Illinois
USA
73 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2007 :  07:44:45 AM  Show Profile
Big SNL fan myself!! He was one of the best guest host ever!!!! I am watching him every night now!!!

Wish It, Dream It, Do It!
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2007 :  07:45:14 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Gee, I've never thought of him like that. I'll have to check it out, too. Thanks for the tip, Jo. I used to watch SNL in the 70's, too. :)

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?" - 'Brother Dave' Gardner
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2007 :  08:10:01 AM  Show Profile
We didn't get to see it, but wanted to. DH and I were in Rabbit Hash all day and didn't return home until 12:30 am, and I don't remember hitting the pillow :)

I'm glad to hear that it was funny--I like him as a journalist, and I enjoy seeing them out of their element. I did think it was funny that in the promo's, he didn't loosen up any, like wear a sweater over a shirt, but stayed suited up!

"She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
http://www.buyhandmade.org/
Go to Top of Page

Hideaway Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1553 Posts

Jo
Virginia
USA
1553 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2007 :  08:51:16 AM  Show Profile
I loved it when he ended his regular news broadcast Monday night with a very quick "I'm glad to have survived hosting SNL and very glad to be back hosting Nightly News" - no cracking a smile at all.

He certainly left me wanting more...may have to tune into the news show more frequently.

He did one skit as a fireman promoting fire safety, complete with mustache and (bronx?) accent. Hilarious! I read later that he used to be a volunteer fireman so hopefullly they wrote that skit as a nod to his prior career!

Jo

"Wish I had time to work with herbs all day!"
Go to Top of Page

CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2007 :  2:10:23 PM  Show Profile
I am a die hard SNL fan. When I saw Brian Williams on there I was so surprised. He had me laughing so hard. He has to be one of the top 10 hosts for the last few years that is for sure.

MJ

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. Freya Stark
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Brian Williams on Saturday Night Live Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page