Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Farm Kitchen
 Chicken en Papillote (in Parchment) w/ Vegetables
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Chicken en Papillote (in Parchment) w/ Vegetables Next Topic  

MasterGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

572 Posts

Chandra
Louisiana
USA
572 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2007 :  10:20:17 AM  Show Profile  Send MasterGardener a Yahoo! Message
Chicken en Papillote (in Parchment) w/ Vegetables

Prep:35 min. Bake: 20 min. Oven: 400*F Makes: 4 Servings

1 lb skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
2 T extra-virgin olive oil
1 T chopped fresh oregano or 1/2 tsp dried oregano, crushed
1 T chopped fresh thyme or 1/2 tsp dried thyme, crushed
1 tsp finely shredded lemon peel
2 T lemon juice
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
10 oz fresh asparagas, trimmed & cut into 2" pieces (2 C)
6 oz pea pods, trimmed (2 C)
1 C canned artichoke hearts, drained and quartered, or 1 C frozen thawed and quartered
1 C chery tomatoes, halved
2 T chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
Parchment paper
1/2 C sliced green onions

Cut chicken breasts crosswise into 1/2" slices. In a medium bowl, combine oil, oregano, thyme, lemon peel, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Add chicken to bowl and toss to coat. Let stand while prepping vegetables.

In a large bowl combine asparagas, pea pods, artichoke hearts, cherry tomatoes, and parsley. Tear four 20X12 inch (mine is 15X12inch) pieces of parchment paper; fold each in half crosswise and crease. Open up again. On half of one sheet, arrange 1/4 of vegetable mixture. Top with 1/4 of the chicken pieces. Top with 1/4 of the green onions. TO make packet, fold parchment paper over chicken and vegetables. Crimp and fold edges to seal; twist corners. Repeat to make 4 packets.

Place packets on baking sheet (can do 2 seperate sheets; 2 pkts each, baked on seperate racks) in 4oo* oven about 20 min or till chicken is no longer pink. (To test, carefully open the packets and check) Serve immediately.

She considereth a field, and buyeth it; with the fruit of her hands she planteth a vineyard.
Proverbs 31:16

Edited by - MasterGardener on Nov 03 2007 6:24:31 PM

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2007 :  5:08:45 PM  Show Profile
Oh gawd, that sounds good!! Thanks, Chandra!

Farmgirl hug,
Patricia

check out my etsy site http://ThePlayfulFarmgirl.etsy.com

Take me home, country roads
Go to Top of Page

MasterGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

572 Posts

Chandra
Louisiana
USA
572 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2007 :  8:12:54 PM  Show Profile  Send MasterGardener a Yahoo! Message
Hope you enjoy it when you try it. My DH & I really love it, & clean up is just a toss!

Chandra

She considereth a field, and buyeth it; with the fruit of her hands she planteth a vineyard.
Go to Top of Page

Linda Houston
True Blue Farmgirl

538 Posts

Linda
Lake Charles Louisiana
USA
538 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2007 :  06:33:09 AM  Show Profile
I am trying your dish this week-end with all my family visiting.

Thanks
Go to Top of Page

Hideaway Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1553 Posts

Jo
Virginia
USA
1553 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2007 :  07:31:17 AM  Show Profile
Oh yeah, Chandra, I am going to try that recipe too! The only things I need from the store are the asparagus and pea pods! Thanks!

Jo

"Wish I had time to work with herbs all day!"
Go to Top of Page

Hideaway Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1553 Posts

Jo
Virginia
USA
1553 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2007 :  11:46:48 AM  Show Profile
I bought the two needed ingredients...okay to use snap peas? It's on the menu tonight! DH will be so impressed, it's the second new recipe I have tried this week.

Jo

Go to Top of Page

MasterGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

572 Posts

Chandra
Louisiana
USA
572 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2007 :  11:51:36 AM  Show Profile  Send MasterGardener a Yahoo! Message
I didn't see the post in time to respond...I'd use snap peas if that's what I had; I think I've actually done that before. There are no hard and fast rules, so experiment, have fun, & enjoy! Hope you'll tell us how DH liked it! :)

Go to Top of Page

Hideaway Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1553 Posts

Jo
Virginia
USA
1553 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2007 :  08:54:52 AM  Show Profile
Chandra, we both really liked it, and it was fun/easy to prepare! I made wild rice to go with it, a perfect accompaniment. After I plated the rice, I lifted up one parchment packet and opened one end, and sort of slid the contents out onto the plate beside the rice. It all came out still assembled with chicken strips on top of veggies, and a nice little broth as well.

DH commented that it could also be good with thin strips of beef, or pork, so THANK YOU! I now have three new recipes to cycle in and out of our usual "What's for Dinner" routine.

I've been using parchment paper for a couple of years to bake cookies and rolls on, but never had tried this type of cooking before. Thanks again!

Jo

Go to Top of Page

MasterGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

572 Posts

Chandra
Louisiana
USA
572 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2007 :  6:20:57 PM  Show Profile  Send MasterGardener a Yahoo! Message
Ahhh Jo, I'm so glad it worked out well and you both enjoyed it!!! I know how it gets sometimes to try to find a "new" something healthy, simple, and quick to prepare. Glad you'll be wanting to use it again!
Chandra

Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Chicken en Papillote (in Parchment) w/ Vegetables Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page