Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 GREENUP CAFE, Covington, Kenutcky & miz jonni!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic GREENUP CAFE, Covington, Kenutcky & miz jonni! Next Topic  

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2007 :  05:13:12 AM  Show Profile
hey miz jonni .. did that grab your attention?

gurlz .. i was to meet jonni and have lunch with her on my way to toledo .. went to an 8:30 meeting in my hometown (we're creating a new 'tourist' brouchure .. and i'm part of the 'task force'to pull it together .. and didn't want to miss this one. well .. by the time i actually got OUT of town .. and it is a hard thing to do what with running into so many friends and stoppin' for a 'chitty-chat' .. but FINALLY .. i was heading out of town at about the exact time i was supposed to be meeting up with jonni for lunch at the GREENUP CAFE in her town. AND .. of course, i had to make a 'quick stop' at one of my fav shoppes in LaGRANGE, KY .. my van just automatically swerves offa' the highway when passing that exit!! found a few treasures which made the stop worth it!!! (i especially loved an older pattern for APRONS for children .. now that miz sofia (grand-daughter) has a KITCHEN .. lots of aprons are a necessity!

i called jonni from the road .. a coupla' times as i was heading her way ... and YES! the first call reported that i had a McDonald's CHICKEN WRAP in my mouth .. as it is our only 'fast food' restaurant in town ... and my sugars were a-droppin' .. and i HAD to have a little 'smackerel' of sumphin' ... (ohhhh .. and i do love their BIG ICED TEA!!!)

WELL .. four hours later .. i was about an hour away from her .. and called her again ... (yesssssss!!! from another McDonald's!!!) this time i had a coffee AND iced tea in each hand .. but knew i was gonna' miss meetin' up with her THIS trip (but i do head to toledo about every four to six weeks to hug on my 'grandes'! ... and we will meet on my NEXT trip!)

jonni .. you will be proud of me .. i did NOT eat at McDonald's .. decided i'd stop on the t'other side of cinci .. BUT .. got powerful hungry as i hit COVINGTON .. sooooooo .. i decided to try and find the GREENUP CAFE and have dinner there! getting into covington was easy .. finding the CAFE .. which you gave me great directions by saying it was only ONE BLOCK from your office .. well, i found your office easily .. THEN .. i started hitting those ONE-WAY streets! one of which quickly took me across that little blue bridge into CINCINNATTI!!! WELL .. it took me 45 minutes of CIRCLING CINCI .. at RUSH HOUR .. AND .. there was a BALL GAME right there over the bridge that night .. but danged if i wasn't a determined (and HUNGRY) woman! i circled and circled and circled and circled .. each time coming up a block short of finding the road that crossed that dang blue bridge! FINALLY .. i did!!! BUT .. then i circled and circled and circled the VERY BLOCK the cafe was in.. but made illegal u-turns and went down one-way streets to avoid crossing the dreaded "BLUE BRIDGE" again! I even stopped at a gas station a block away and asked three different people .. none of which knew where it was!!!! (Don't Kentuckians ever roam their own areas?? ... by the way .. i find this to be true all over the country!) Well, anyhoo .. finally i found a lady named Rachael (i think) who told me she worked there and pointed the SAME BLOCK out to me! (but i SWEAR .. she pointed the WRONG way on that one-way street) .. i parked my car and decided if i had to walk until midnight ... i would find the GREENUP CAFE!

AND FINALLY .. i walked up to a couple on that very cute, trendy street and asked them where the GREENUP CAFE was .. they replied: "you're standing in front of it!" CRAPOLA! maybe it wuz ME??? i was sooooooooooooo hungry at this point!

Well, anyhoo .. i went in and had a deeeeelicious salad and bowl of butternut squash soup that made 'the search' all worth it! ... and hit the road again! got to toledo at midnight!

what a travelling and eating adventure! xoxo

will write more of my fun time here in toledo soon!

True Friends * Frannie

HEAR MY STORIES
come, visit my:

"GATHERING ROOM" ..

http://freedomvalleyfarm.blogspot.com

e-mail me: Freedom_Valley_Farm@windstream.net

MaryJane & Family
Green County, KENTUCKY
October 2007

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2007 :  11:25:34 AM  Show Profile
Ha! Frannie, I'm so glad that you DID find the Greenup Cafe--I told you it was a block from my office, but I guess I didn't say which way, did I? The blue bridge that you crossed is the John Roebling Suspension Bridge, finished 1867. You may be familiar with Mr. Roebling's work for the High Bridge, over the Kentucky River in Jessamine, and later, the Brooklyn Bridge, NY. The blue bridge you crossed over was his "template" for the Brooklyn Bridge!

I'm soooo glad you found the cafe, it's very worth it, and it's sooo yummy! Next time, we will eat there together!!

Hope you had a great spa day on Saturday, and that you're enjoying your family, as always.

Have fun, and come back to good ole' Covington, soon!

"She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
Go to Top of Page

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2007 :  11:32:41 AM  Show Profile
Frannie, Frannie! It's a wonder you ever get anywhere! And yet you seem to go everywhere! Love your roadtrip adventures. And I love your approach -- go the wrong way down the street if necessary! And never pass up your favorite shops. Hope you and Jonni can get together at that little cafe sometime. 'Twould be fun for you both.

www.youaretoocreative.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic GREENUP CAFE, Covington, Kenutcky & miz jonni! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page