Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 apple cider vinegar and uti
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic apple cider vinegar and uti Next Topic  

Lizabeth
True Blue Farmgirl

560 Posts

Washington
560 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2007 :  09:19:34 AM  Show Profile
So last night having the dreaded feeling that a uti was coming on I quickly drank a boatload of lemon juice and water and then tried an old remedy I hadn't tried before since I really needed relief: I made a tea with 8oz hot water, 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar, and honey to taste. Wow! relief came within 30 minutes (no more pressure, burning etc.) I still have some lingering symptoms this morning, but I think these will go away with more lemon and water and increasing the cranberry tablets to 3x/day today and tomorrow.

I would not reccommend self medicating in lieu of a doctor for an advanced uti--cloudy or blood clotted urine or pain in the back.
But the apple cider vinegar worked fabulously for this early stage.

MsCwick
True Blue Farmgirl

775 Posts

Cristine
Farmville Virginia
USA
775 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2007 :  12:51:24 PM  Show Profile
I used to get UTIs almost once a month, and I got real tired of going to the Dr. so I searched online and searched and searched and finally found out about using Alka Seltzer. So if you are in a bind, and don't have all that stuff in your tea close by, you can drink a glass of alka selzer, and it's not just the pain reliever that helps, it's also one of the medications in it that releases the bacteria.

Do what you can, with what you have, right where you are. - Roosevelt
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2007 :  4:00:42 PM  Show Profile
Im going to have to remember to try these. I get those dumb UTIs all the time and lemon juice and water doesn't help for anything anymore. Cranberry capsules are a great follow up but not a big help in the rush to heal dept. Thanks for sharing these tips for coping,. ;)
hugs jessie

Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine; O What a foretaste of Glory DIVINE!

http://HandmadeHeartStrings.etsy.com
www.MayhemMommyMemoirs.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

nut4fabric
True Blue Farmgirl

885 Posts

Kathy
Morgan Hill CA
USA
885 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2007 :  10:02:36 AM  Show Profile
I was having them all the time and a friend told me about her grandmothers remedy. Cook aspargus and drink the juice that it is cooked in, eat the aspargus if you want. It worked no more UTIs, Something in aspargus cleanses the bladder and kidneys. Now I don't like aspargus but I was desperate.
Hugs, Kathy
Go to Top of Page

MarinesWife
Farmgirl in Training

48 Posts

Melissa
Fredericksburg VA
USA
48 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2007 :  5:59:09 PM  Show Profile
I've never tried ACV. Thank you!

Usually when I feel one coming on I buy a gallon of cranberry juice (no sugar!!) and guzzle away. :)

Melissa

Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic apple cider vinegar and uti Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page