Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Autumn weekend Next Topic  

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2007 :  01:11:47 AM  Show Profile
Saturday Morning we had to help our landlord move a ram in with the ewes (spring babies! YAY!) and we got dragged half across the muddy paddock before he was caught enough to be dragged to the field with the ewes, fighting all the way, the dumb lunk. As soon as he saw the girls it was the amazing flying farm beastie *heeheehee*… He jumped the creek and was up and doing his bizniss before we could dust ourselves off. Gotta love ‘um. And the goats...uggg...randy billy goats stink! The Nubians are breeding too. Gonna be lotsa babies. Lotsa first time mamas this year too. I'm gonna be sooooooo busy helpin out...I'm getting tired just thinkin' about it.

After we scrubbed the mud off and spit out the tufts of turf from fighting the ram, we went in to town to do some getting-out-of-the-house stuff and I stopped in the local thrift shop. I picked up some nice vintage stuff and a few really good books..several crazy books by SARK, “Floral Patterns for needlecraft and the decorative art” by Karen E. Oleson … really good , the flowers actually LOOK like flowers and not blurry splops of colour =) I'll have to post pictures of some of my treasures when I get the time.

After our other mundane shopping I dashed into a new quilt shop while my sweetie grabbed some lunch and here is where I got into trouble :D
I fell in love with this quilt pattern and HAD to have it…I don’t know diddly about making quilts. It’s called “Noodle’s Nine Patch” and it is so happy and bright coloured

then I found the sweetest gift for my nephew Eric and his wife Carla, when their baby arrives, its a cuddle sack/blankie pattern. I need to find fabric still, but I've got till April. They are wanting to be surprised and we won't know a gender til it arrives =)

and last a set of sweet vintage style apron patterns

I don't know which I'm gonna make first :P I love everything.

On Sunday, Drew and I went for a long walk and chatted and came across some wild apple trees and picked a LOT of wild apples, which I am making apple butter and other goodies out of. We had a lot of fun laughing and talking and picking apples in the cool autumn air. He is such a wonderful sweet man, I really don't know how I got so lucky as to be in love with my best friend.

Fun weekend, really and all of the swishy, rustly leaves were wonderful to walk through.

Wishing you joy in small things and peace in your heart

Annika

http://panzymoon.wordpress.com/

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2007 :  06:20:28 AM  Show Profile
Whew, I'm worn out just reading your post. That billy goat smell is hard to get off. Been there. Your sewing projects look like fun. MB

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2007 :  7:01:44 PM  Show Profile
Oh Annika,
I am so glad for you, how wonderful to have such a sweet weekend.
Carol Sue

listening to the quiet moments
Go to Top of Page

farmgirlwannabe
True Blue Farmgirl

114 Posts

audrina
Antelope Ca
USA
114 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2007 :  7:18:29 PM  Show Profile
Annika,
I love that quilt pattern-are those daisys in the alternating blocks? It sounds like you had a fantastic weekend, and you'll have lots to look forward to (apple butter, new projects, and spring babies)so you'll be able to double your fun!
Audrina
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Autumn weekend Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page