Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 CHRISTMAS MINI APRON SWAP!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic CHRISTMAS MINI APRON SWAP! Next Topic
Page: of 9

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2007 :  7:06:27 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Hi Michelle! Merry Christmas to you too!

Happy Holidays to my FARMGIRL sisters!
Linda in PA
Go to Top of Page

cw246
True Blue Farmgirl

153 Posts

Cheryl
Largo Florida
USA
153 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2007 :  04:55:25 AM  Show Profile
I am definitely interested in both valentines and western also...this is such fun.
cw
Go to Top of Page

Bee Haven Maven
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

Beverly
Pennsylvania
USA
1862 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2007 :  06:44:39 AM  Show Profile  Send Bee Haven Maven an AOL message
me too, me too......Oh I cannot wait for the Christmas Minis to come....I have a very empty tree in my kitchen that needs them!!!

Merry Christmas to all!!!!!!!

Gonna start my heart mini's very early!!! That will be good for the slow time right after Christmas!!!Maybe I will just keep the tree up in my kitchen for a year-round apron tree.

Visit my workshop at: www.beehavenmaven.blogspot.com
Visit our farm at: www.beehavenacres.blogspot.com
Aprons and other fun things for sale at: www.honeybeez.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2007 :  10:43:39 AM  Show Profile
HEY!! What a Fantastic Idea Bev!!! Keeping the tree up all year!!
The kitchen one.. then just keep changing out the Minis with each new swap!!!

Whew Whoooo. I LOVE this Idea!!

Well Ihave been so dang swamped & over whelmed feeling lately i just don't know what my problem is!!

Well 1st let me tell you the good news. before I start in on my rant..

Yes!!!! Linda Your minis Have Arrived Sweetie Pie!!
& I am SO very Sorry for not posting sooner.! I know you must have been getting so worried! So I am SO sorry.. they came.. hmm maybe two days ago i'm thinking? whats today..? the 13th? so.. hhmm maybe the 11th.. cute little sqaure box.. yes!! linda's are In girls!!
Such litte Cuties too!! And a New color too! Blues! With some Gindgerbread men here & there!! & a sweet little Charm! Yes.. I know.. I gave away too much.. But I can't help it! They are so adorable..
My second batch.. holy crap! rememeber the Paul Bunyon issue I am known to have? well lets just say that this lot got a bit too large.. so they are 'Maxi Minis' sort of like feminine products.. we have different stages of our Mini's..! ok.. I'll shut up.. as I am now leaning towards the gross & vulgar side of Kathie now..!

So.. let me go ahead & start in complaining if i may..!
I Hate my job.. yes.. it's been a while since I've metioned it.. maybe 10 minutes or so.. so I just felt i needed to share it once again with all of you.. this place is going to kill me.. I know it is..!
we had a new shift bid a few weeks ago..I've been here nearly 9 years now.. ( God help me..) so my seniority is pretty good.. but just enough to put me where i'm never quite sure where i will fall each time.. i'm sort of on this queer little cusp of all sorts of crappy shifts..
(feel free to turn the channel at any point now.)
So.. I know I ask to much here because yes.. I do want it all..
I want weekends off.. & I don't want to work too late..

OR SO I THOUGHT...!

so.. we bid.. I got off Sundays & Mondays this time.. NOT Saturdays..
which my husband was so absolutley thrilled with.. ( that was sarcasim..)
he acted as if it was my fault that i didn't get the weekends off..
as if it was MY choice.. as if I DID something for this to happen..!
hello.. what is he.. new?
I just bid.. I have no controll over the choices of the people ahead of me!! ok.. so that wasn't the worst of it really..
The hours that I got.. were 9am to 5:30pm..
What was that you say? nice..?
good hours..? nice hours to work..? good shift..?

shut your face..
no..
I freaking hate these hours..!

oh.. yes.. it all sounded nice & pretty didn't it..?
wow.. a decent shift.. mornings.. sort of.. getting off at a decent time.. before dark.. I don't have to feel like a Vampire anymore..
wasn't this going to be grand..?
well .. ok.. now is where i throw all sorts or vulgar profanities in here that I just can't.. or your poor sweet little ears would be bleeding.. i'll just say.. no lubrication.. ok..
because I hate this damn shift!
There.. THAT was enough said.. i think..

Do you realize that now when I het up..i have to share the damn bathroom with this man that I live with as we are getting ready for work..?
Do you have ANY idea how long he sits on the toilet in the morning..?
You know.. showering together in the mornings as your trying to get ready for work in a hurry.. just isn't quite what it used to be 20 years ago..
ok.. AND now I have NO time in the Mornings to do ANYTHING that I want to! No ME time! no CRAFTING time.. no SEWING time..
No SELFISH KATHIE TIME DAMMIT! I hate it!
Alright so thats my mornings..!
The evenings..
We get off about the same time now..
What?
yes.. I'll have to say this once more..

NOW.. we get off work about the same damn time....
& we have to eat together too.... every night..
Why?
I don't get it.. Why is this something that has to happen?
oh no.. I can't do this everyday..
I come home.. it's.. "What for dinner..?"
WHAT???
Whats for dinner?
Idon't want to do that!
I want to go sew!
But no.. thats not bad enough.. then it's..
What do you want to watch on tv?
Nnnnnnnnnnoooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!
I don't want to watch ANYTHING on tv!!!!!!!!!!!
I want to go far away down the hallway & sew!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NOT watch the TV..
OR REALLY what i'm watching is the Master Controller man sit there & turn the channels 0-60 in 3 seconds flat.. because really he doesn't watch anything.. H just likes to turn the channels..

I don't want to do this!
I don't want this shift!
I don't want to be home in the evening!
WHAT WAS I THINKING!!!!!!
I take it all back!
What ever I did to get this stupid screwed up shift.. I take it all back!

I want my horrible noon to 8:30 shift back Please!!!
so I don't have to have quite so much Husband time!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
He's going to make me crazy..

Oh shut up jess..

He's going to make me Crazier.. ok.. is that better??
really.. I DON"T want this shift!!!!

I am not getting anything done..
I have NONE of my Christmas things finished.. I have so many projects just sitting in limbo.. I decorated for christmas.. then it all went South after this dumb shift bid.. because I can't seem to get myself to get one more thing done.. Mr. Time Monopolizer is Squeezing the sewing life outta me!!!! I can't take it!!!!!

ok.. there I truly have [bleep]ed quite enough!!

Thanks for listening to me Sister Dears..
I love you all to pieces ya know..
Sorry to have negelcted you as of late..
But you are always on my mind ..!

In a World Where you Can Be Anything, Be Yourself..

Edited by - Kathie on Dec 15 2007 06:41:09 AM
Go to Top of Page

Bonne
True Blue Farmgirl

3003 Posts

Bonne
Littleton CO
USA
3003 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2007 :  11:00:28 AM  Show Profile
LOL!! And here I bopped in to see if there were any pics posted yet.........
Nevermind!!
(((HUGS))) Kathie

http://bonne1313.blogspot.com/ Blog
http://www.bonne1313.homestead.com/soap.html Soap
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2007 :  12:52:29 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
oh! And I have been thinking that it might be nice to have a "man" around. I'm single and enjoying it....perhaps I should count my blessings after all! LOL

Linda in PA
Go to Top of Page

Bee Haven Maven
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

Beverly
Pennsylvania
USA
1862 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2007 :  1:43:53 PM  Show Profile  Send Bee Haven Maven an AOL message
Oh, poor dear Kathie....i am so sorry that your misery has caused me to laugh this hard!!! but you DO have a way of putting things....things that most of us don't have the nerve to actually say!!! I am so sorry that your work situation is so lousy......and also so sorry that the rest of it is so crazy...really.....I luv ya, Kathie!!!! Feel free to rant to us....we are always here...and if it is any consolation, I don't think many of us have had time to sew lately...except of course Naomi....who is sewing like a fiend under the gun!!!!!

Now, to the rest of you.....if you do sew, please don't mention is here so that dear Kathie doesn't feel bad or left out.......ok, Kathie....no more pictures or sewing on this thread.....cause.......WE LOVE YOU!!!!! (kidding)(no, not about loving you......silly, about sewing!!)

Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2007 :  2:23:52 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
lol Bev you are funny too!

Linda in PA
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2007 :  2:26:12 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Danny boy and I just made Christmas cookies and both wore aprons....he wore one of mine and I taught him that the flour on our hands goes on the apron... he is only 7 so he liked wearing mine but I could make him a new one! We had fun and just wearing an apron makes me think of you gals. I made these thinking about you all. :-D

Linda in PA
Go to Top of Page

Bee Haven Maven
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

Beverly
Pennsylvania
USA
1862 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2007 :  5:00:16 PM  Show Profile  Send Bee Haven Maven an AOL message
You are sweet, Linda....hugs to you and Danny!!! YUMMMY>>>>cookies!!

Go to Top of Page

Bonne
True Blue Farmgirl

3003 Posts

Bonne
Littleton CO
USA
3003 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2007 :  7:11:15 PM  Show Profile
My son used to make cookies, when he was that age, with my mother.
He and I still make cookies now that he is 21! LOL AND wear our aprons!! (shh...don't tell)

Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2007 :  8:00:37 PM  Show Profile
Oh Kathie! I am sorry for your pain. Maybe you could get a second job to stay out at night and have sewing time after you get home from that job. Around midnightish? I promise not to sew this week out of sympathy for your situation.
Go to Top of Page

Shirley
True Blue Farmgirl

734 Posts

Shirley
Olympia Wa
USA
734 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2007 :  12:35:39 AM  Show Profile
WOOHOO Kathie,
I have some more bad news for ya!!!
Wait til ya both are retired and hes around 24/7 BLAHHHHHHH
Its like you are married to a stranger, you really dont know them until they ARE home every day. It was so much better when they were working everyday and just home at night and week ends ROFL
Shirley
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9392 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9392 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2007 :  04:08:01 AM  Show Profile
Kathie,
My sympathies to you dear! And I doubt any one has been doing much sewing lately. I can't even find my machine. And I have yet to sit at the treadle machine I bought months back.
I have two projects to finish before Christmas morning. Probably be working on them Christmas eve after everyone goes to bed. HAH!
I second Shirley's post. My husband has his business at home so he is here for breakfast, sometimes lunch and dinner. He's always asking that infernal question..."what's for...........pick one!

"She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

www.torismimi.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Bee Haven Maven
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

Beverly
Pennsylvania
USA
1862 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2007 :  09:09:18 AM  Show Profile  Send Bee Haven Maven an AOL message
Oh, good, then i don't feel so bad....my treadle (I bought in July) sits in my sewing room like a display item....I really need to get to it and use it....perhaps things will slow a bit in January.

Go to Top of Page

Bonne
True Blue Farmgirl

3003 Posts

Bonne
Littleton CO
USA
3003 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2007 :  09:24:16 AM  Show Profile
The secret to using your treadle is to thread it with a basic color (black or white) so that when you have to mend something quick, it's all ready to go~no excuses. I keep one threaded black, one white and one red~LOL That way they all get exercised.
Or get a walking foot for your machine (ask me where)~that way you can use your treadle for the really tough jobs that you need an even feed for.

Edited by - Bonne on Dec 14 2007 09:26:11 AM
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2007 :  06:47:46 AM  Show Profile
Good glad your all experiencing a few sewing withdrawels here & there a bit too.. Makes me not feel quite so neglected..
somewhat anyway..

sniff.. **
me & my hankie sitting here at work feeling sorry for myself..
(AT WORK!!!!!!!)

ok.. Still waiting on a couple Mini's to come in.. then they will be out the very next day girls!
Sorry for the lateness!
Go ahead & get your valentines ones started if your planning on those..
That one is going to sneak right up on us you know!

Thanks for all your Sweet Sympathetic thoughts & wishes too!
Always appreciated you know! Love ya all.. !!!!

Happy Saturday..

Go to Top of Page

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2007 :  08:30:42 AM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
Kathie I think Santa should bring you a HUGE present you have been a very good girl this year! I hope things start looking up for you !!!

Mama to 2
Your FreckleFaced Farm Girl!!
FarmGirl# 20

http://myfarmdreams.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2007 :  2:51:48 PM  Show Profile
Kathie sweets,
I think all 0f us have been in withdrawal, and b0y it sucks. My b0dy is n0t being nice and c00perating like I t0ld it t0.
My hubby has been h0me f0r the last 17 years due t0 injury. 0k, I am sp0iled, he d0esnt' 0ften ask me what is f0r dinner, he makes it. Yes, in small spaces y0u d0 have times where y0u want y0ur space. I d0n't think it w0uld matter wh0 y0u were with. I d0 have my sewing r00m, but the tv in the living r00m is l0ud and dr0wns 0ut my th0ughts at time. M0st 0f the time we d0 0kay. He has his 0wn sh0p space kinda at the m0ment and when that is finshed it helps great g0bs.

I l0ve the idea 0f a tree year r0und with minis 0n it. N0w I ju8st have t0 get a tree!!!

listening to the quiet moments
www.Quitemoments.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Naomi Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

1563 Posts

Naomi
Sunshine State
USA
1563 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2007 :  6:23:47 PM  Show Profile
Wow, tough luck Kathie, hope it all works out for you! If its any consolation..I'm not allowed to sew til I catch my school up...haha...which is Ok, except...meams I'll be off the machine for about a week, especially with all the buttons and fat quarters I got! not to mention the giftcard to Jo-anns!!! swwweeeeeett!!
pictures promised soon of my mad sewing week results...

~Naomi~

Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be-Abraham Lincoln
Check out my blog:http://thebellamodiste.blogspot.com/
and my Etsy store: www.shesewsbytheseashore.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Bee Haven Maven
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

Beverly
Pennsylvania
USA
1862 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2007 :  06:36:05 AM  Show Profile  Send Bee Haven Maven an AOL message
Hey Carol Sue.....I was thinking about that tree all year round idea. One of my friends had the cutest ever tree in her kitchen. She was driving down the road and saw a Christmas tree that someone had left alongside the road.....but it was bare and had no needles. The thing is, the trunk and the branches were so beautiful without the needles, that she brought it home, sunk it in a pot in her kitchen and there it has stood ever since. She always keeps it decorated for the season..... and it is so unusual...guess you have to find just the right naked tree....but the price is right!!! LOL

Go to Top of Page

Bee Haven Maven
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

Beverly
Pennsylvania
USA
1862 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2007 :  06:38:42 AM  Show Profile  Send Bee Haven Maven an AOL message
Oh, Kathie.....I think for the new year, you should start a blog and write all your thoughts and rants there....you could unleash and have a blast....and then we could all enjoy your unique sense of humor.....

Truly, you always make me chuckle.... I would be a loyal blog reader if you had one!!!!

Go to Top of Page

Bonne
True Blue Farmgirl

3003 Posts

Bonne
Littleton CO
USA
3003 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2007 :  08:29:38 AM  Show Profile
Kathie needs one and so does Jessica.

Go to Top of Page

Bee Haven Maven
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

Beverly
Pennsylvania
USA
1862 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2007 :  11:48:17 AM  Show Profile  Send Bee Haven Maven an AOL message
OMG.....Jess needs one more thing to do for sure!! But a blog would be so much fun.....to follow the hilarious antics of her seven dwarves!!!

Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2007 :  8:31:26 PM  Show Profile
Ok.. I have spoken to the Missing Mini's owners.. & This is the plan.. I am Mailing tomnorrow..( or Wednesday at the latest.. ) If i can get everything all put together here tonight!!! & then Snow White & The 7 Dwarves will send her on out direclty to each of you.. this way you'll all have the ones I have now.. & Snow White doesn't have to fret about not having them to us all just yet.. Cool? i thought you'd all be fine with this so i said wonderful for all of us.. Yes.. one voice for all.. who said this was a democracy anyway..?
ok.. so the little pretties are saying their last good byes to each other tonight..
& they will be one their way ASAP!
Sorry for the late shipping..but like i always say.. these are nice friendly swaps here with the Mini's..We do this because we enjoy it..& love the Mini's..& what they really stand for.

So there..
Happy Monday!!
I am only working two days this week..!! HOW about THAT!!!
What am I doing the rest of the week your wondering?

Shopping like an idiot of course!!!

Love ya Girls!!
Behave yourselves..

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 9 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic CHRISTMAS MINI APRON SWAP! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page