Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Update from BareFootGoatGirl
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Update from BareFootGoatGirl Next Topic  

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2007 :  7:35:01 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
This just in from an email from Trina that she said I could share!

there have been several big changes in my life since i last visited MJ's Farm, but overall the children and i doing very well. i came to grips with the truth about my marriage to martin (it has been bad for quite awhile and the abuse started long before Iraq) and we are getting divorced. the kids and i have relocated and are currently living in town. getting rid of the animals hurt, but sometimes that's the way life goes. we are living near some wonderful extended family and are staying with one of my dearest friends from highschool. she and her husband have 37 acres that they are turning into an organic vegetable farm compleat with green houses and i am looking forward to working with them in the next few years. she wants to open a whole foods restraunt in town and have me run the green houses as well as advise on animal husbandry. her dear hubby has even offered to build a house on the property for the children and i! they are the most amazing Christian people!

for the first time in many years i feel compleatly myself. i use to love visiting MJ's farm because there i could be me for a few minutes a day, now i get to be me all day! it is amazing to see the kids turning around since they are now away from the place we were hurt so badly and are being surrounded with some amazing loving people. there is much more to the story, but i am not sure i am ready to tell it now. i'll let everybody adjust to the shock of the divorce first. just be assured that i think of you all frequently and am eternaly greatful for your love and support.
love,trina

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!

Edited by - Alee on Oct 19 2007 7:35:48 PM

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2007 :  7:39:09 PM  Show Profile
I have often wondered how Trina was doing. Sounds like she is making some very positive choices! Thanks so much for posting her email for us to read Alee..be sure to tell her I said Hello if you hear from her sometime soon.

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2007 :  8:05:10 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I passed on your message Aunt Jenny :D I am sure she will love to read it!

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2007 :  8:08:42 PM  Show Profile
Thank you so much for posting her letter. I, too, have often wondered about Trina and her children. In fact she has been on my mind this past week. Tell her I am thinking of her.
MaryBeth

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2007 :  9:46:16 PM  Show Profile
Alee,
She has been on my heart for the last week, thank you.
Carol Sue

listening to the quiet moments
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9324 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9324 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2007 :  02:57:22 AM  Show Profile
Alee,
Thanks for sharing with us. I'm sure it is a very difficult time and what a blessing to have such loving friends.
Let her know we are thinking of her and praying all will turn out well. Sounds like she has a plan and that is always a good thing.

"The earth is the Lord's and the fullness thereof and all that dwell therein."

www.torismimi.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2007 :  05:16:51 AM  Show Profile
Thank you for sharing that with us, Alee. Trina is a strong, brave girl and I know that she and the children are going to blossom with the tender care of her friends. Please let her know how happy we are to hear her good news!!

Karin

Wherever you go, there you are.

www.madrekarin.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2007 :  06:25:21 AM  Show Profile
Wow . . . I had no idea things were that bad for her. Don't you just wish we could all join go to her and give her hugs and let her share her heart over a cup of tea? Trina, we are all rooting for you. While I know divorce is a hard choice to make, especially with children, if there was abuse involved, it sounds like you are making a wise choice.

So since we can't be there in person, if you get a chance to read this, know you are being "cyber hugged" by farmgirls across the country.

In the end, God will bring you out stronger than ever and the story you will have will bless other women in similar situations. Just remember, "darkness only lasts for the night, then comes the morning . . ."

Alee, thanks for having the sensitivity and compassion to share this.

Hugs & blessings,

Brenda

Past Blessings . . . Celebrating Life as it used to be . . . when people loved God, loved their families and loved their country.
Go to Top of Page

Cheryl
True Blue Farmgirl

919 Posts

Cheryl
Magalia CA
USA
919 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2007 :  06:39:13 AM  Show Profile
Alee, Thank you so much for posting her email. I also, have been thinking about her. Please tell her that she is in my prayers. I would love to have her new mailing address if she is comfortable giving it. Thanks, Cheryl

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2007 :  07:49:49 AM  Show Profile
Alee, thanks for that--I was really hoping that things were going well for her, and she was away, just concentrating on "things"...that was what I'd hoped, but it sure sounds like she's on the road now. I admire her so much for thinking of herself and the safety of those children--it broke my heart to think of her leaving her home, and giving the animals away.

"She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
Go to Top of Page

CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2007 :  11:34:13 AM  Show Profile
Alee, thanks for posting her letter and thank her for having you do it. Trina, you and your children are on the road to a new and happy life.God Bless you and your children, and these wonderful people you are living with. What a blessing for you to have such kind and caring friends. You and your children will be fine now. Being yourself with no fear or anxiety is such a wonderful feeling. I am very happy for you.

Mary Jane

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. Freya Stark
Go to Top of Page

Shirlaroo
True Blue Farmgirl

297 Posts

Shirley

Australia
297 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2007 :  12:57:52 AM  Show Profile
Sounds like Trina has found a sanctuary to heal in. Please pass on my well wishes Alee.

Friends are the best collectables.

Edited by - Shirlaroo on Oct 21 2007 12:59:56 AM
Go to Top of Page

abbasgurl
True Blue Farmgirl

1262 Posts

Rhonda

USA
1262 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2007 :  1:00:34 PM  Show Profile
Thanks so much for letting us know how Trina & her family are doing Alee. I'm so happy to know they are somewhere they are SURROUNDED by love! Awesome!
Rhonda

I'm a one girl revolution.
Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2007 :  8:22:47 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Alee - I too have wondered about her as we have a Montana connection and I hadn't heard from her for a long time. Sounds like she is blessed.
Go to Top of Page

BarefootGoatGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1495 Posts

Corrine
North Carolina
USA
1495 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2007 :  12:59:54 PM  Show Profile  Send BarefootGoatGirl a Yahoo! Message
Hey, girls, I'm here. Thankyou all for the love and prayers. We really are doing much better and well on our way to healing emotionaly and spiritualy. I am waiting on a house and job now, so please pray that the Lord provides as he sees fit. I don't know how often I'll be around the board since I am borrowing a friends computer, but I'll check in once in a while.

Love you all, Trina

http://glitteringgoat.blogspot.com/

If you would know Love, you must know pain too. -Hannah Hurnard
Go to Top of Page

junkjunkie
True Blue Farmgirl

1306 Posts

Judy
Lawrenceville NJ
USA
1306 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2007 :  1:06:12 PM  Show Profile
Good luck to you, Trina! Judy

"To have life in focus, we must have death in our field of vision." Benedictine monk John Main
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4737 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4737 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2007 :  6:11:43 PM  Show Profile
Good luck Trina! It sounds like you are coming in to your own! Change is always good, you just have to look a little harder for the bright side sometimes. Best wishes & prayers to you & your children.

Thanks for the update Alee!

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

daffodil dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

805 Posts

Jayne
Hamilton Victoria
Australia
805 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2007 :  11:01:50 PM  Show Profile
Trina,
I am so happy that everything is working out well for you. We would love to hear from you again someday. You are in my thoughts.
Best wishes,
Jayne
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2007 :  05:54:10 AM  Show Profile
Sending all my love & Strength Sweet Trina..

In a World Where you Can Be Anything, Be Yourself..
Go to Top of Page

Hideaway Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1553 Posts

Jo
Virginia
USA
1553 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2007 :  06:39:24 AM  Show Profile
So glad to hear that things are turning around for you, Trina.

Happy thoughts and prayers go out to you and your kids...lots of farmgirl hugs, too!

Glad you will be able to stay in touch with us as your time and computer access permits.

Jo

"Wish I had time to work with herbs all day!"
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Update from BareFootGoatGirl Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page