Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 my son called to active duty.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic my son called to active duty. Next Topic
Page: of 2

mima
True Blue Farmgirl

1573 Posts

1573 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2007 :  3:08:23 PM  Show Profile
Oh Jenny!!! Many hugs and prayers!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2007 :  7:19:03 PM  Show Profile
I stayed home today (turned down a sub job in Kindergarten..my favorite) and had a quiet day sewing all day..it really helped. My favorite cousin called this evening from Arizona and I got to have a long talk with her (she and her family are coming here for T.giving) and that helped too. I havn't been able to get rid of this headache..but I am trying. It is looking like my plans are to go out to Calif by myself (fly) and visit for a couple days.
Hey Mima..if I am out there I would love to see you...it is only 15 miles! Corey will be working I am sure while I am there so I may have a little free time during the day. Maybe. We can try.
I sure appreciate all your prayers.

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2007 :  8:58:10 PM  Show Profile
Jenny, I don't want you or your son to feel that I am ungrateful. I am ALWAYS behind the troops when they are in the right and doing their best. I am just sick of all of the fighting in the world...sometimes I wish I could just hop up on a chair and holler at everyone to sit down and hush up! Too much war for no good reason in the world. Democracy IS a good reason. How the guy across the street prays isn't. I have said my prayers for you to find peace and comfort and for your son to blaze through with flying colours and be home to give his proud mama a peck on the cheek in no time. I haven't been here on the board very long, so I don't know you very well. and if you are a natural medicine, chemical medicine or what ever works type of girl, but things that sometimes help when I'm having a doozy of a head ache is a neck massage or to lie down with a cold cloth scented with lavender water on my forehead. I have taken tincture of valerian for head aches in the past, but I'd make sure that it didn't go wrong with any meds you might be on.

Just fussin' at ya. You take care and be strong. I'm about to "adopt" a troop or ten from one of the support the troops type sites, so if you and he want, I'll just add him to my list of people that need a letter every couple weeks and a bit of a treat now and again. We are an Army family, with some Marines on the side, I love sending support packages. It is something to do besides pacing and worrying

Hugs to you

Wishing you joy in small things and peace in your heart

Annika

http://panzymoon.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

Sweet Harvest Homestead
True Blue Farmgirl

279 Posts

Lindy
Stanfield NC
USA
279 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2007 :  05:32:59 AM  Show Profile
What a great son you raised Aunt Jenny!
He is a warrior. We need more great men like him.
You all are in my thoughts.
Lindy

www.sweetharvesthomestead.typepad.com
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2007 :  7:51:17 PM  Show Profile
I'm so Sorry Jenny over the news that you've all gotten..
I just can't imagine how hard this is..
As you said.. all this time he's been here.. 'Home' with us..
& now as he's nearly finished.. this comes up..
So not what any of you had expected to hear..!
Your all in my heart.. & thoughts everyday..

love you..

Kathie

In a World Where you Can Be Anything, Be Yourself..
Go to Top of Page

mrs. graham
True Blue Farmgirl

50 Posts

Marqueta
Shelley ID
50 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2007 :  11:47:37 AM  Show Profile
Hi Jenny,

I'm so sorry for the news,and will pray for a peaceful outcome!

~Marqueta

"Far from the madding crowd's ignoble strife Their sober wishes never learn'd to stray."~Thomas Gray
http://members.aol.com/sweetefelicity My blog http://sweetefelicity.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

AuntJo
True Blue Farmgirl

117 Posts

Jo
Oklahoma
USA
117 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2007 :  12:03:57 PM  Show Profile
Jenny, I just want you to know that we will be praying for you and your son. Please give him an extra hug from all of us.

Aunt Jo to 24 nieces and nephews and counting
http://auntjoscorner.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2007 :  4:51:41 PM  Show Profile
I got to talk to him today. I am making plans to go out there to visit on Nov. 12th or 13th for a few days. I was going to go a week sooner, but he wants to take his little girl to Disneyland before he leaves and would still be working some of the days I would be there...so it will be better if I go and get more time with him. I hate this though..my stomach is tied up in knots.

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2007 :  8:29:54 PM  Show Profile
You and your son and family are in my prayers. As the mom of three boys, sending a son to war is my biggest fear. But God is a big God and loves your son even more than you do. I pray you can rest in know that God is in control.

Hugs and blessings,

Brenda

Past Blessings . . . Celebrating Life as it used to be . . . when people loved God, loved their families and loved their country.
Go to Top of Page

ArmyWifey
True Blue Farmgirl

712 Posts

Holly
Abilene KS
712 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2007 :  05:59:36 AM  Show Profile
Jenny,

Just remember God is more than able to take care of him there just as he does here. He has more chance of dying in a car crash in Anaheim (crazy drivers! :)) then he does in Iraq right now.

Hugs,

Holly

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord!

http://timsarmywifey.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Phils Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

1095 Posts

Ann
Parsonsburg Maryland
USA
1095 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2007 :  1:37:39 PM  Show Profile
Dear sweet Jenny, I'm sending you hugs and prayers... and prayers for your son.
Love,

Ann
Sairy Hill Thicket
There is a Redeemer.
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2007 :  6:58:56 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Jenny,
I have two boys in the Military (4 boys in all)..... It is a strange combination between pride and terror isnt it? You and your son will be in our thougts and prayers....

Rene'~Farm Girl
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure......"
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2007 :  8:34:08 PM  Show Profile
That is a wonderful way to describe it Rene!! That is exactly it!! Thanks so much for your prayers~!

Jenny in Utah
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2007 :  5:25:24 PM  Show Profile
I am praying for your son and your family. You will be in my thoughts!
Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2007 :  03:36:10 AM  Show Profile
This is so tough and I'm sad for you.

I'm also proud for all our troops present and past who have made this nation as great as it has been.

Prayers for protection.....for you and some of my friends who are over there too.

Go to Top of Page

peggysue
True Blue Farmgirl

267 Posts

Peggy
Tulsa Oklahoma
267 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2007 :  02:56:53 AM  Show Profile
you and your son are in my prayers. may God bless you both
peg
Go to Top of Page

bboopster
True Blue Farmgirl

1140 Posts

Betty Jo
West Bend Wisconsin
USA
1140 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2007 :  08:52:59 AM  Show Profile  Click to see bboopster's MSN Messenger address
Aunt Jenny my thought and prayers are with you and your family during this time of Pride and Terror as Rene put it. I have all 3 of my boys in the Army and I have had many moments like what your are dealing with at this moment. My middle son is returning to Iraq sometime in the next 3 months and my oldest has orders for Korea in the early spring. He is home on leave right now and sitting in my living room. Here a few tips from experience. First know this war is much safer then the wars before it. With less casulities and maimed soldiers. Second DO NOT BELIEVE everything you hear in the news. We only hear what the government wants use to hear. The bad and scary. Third technology these days is awesome with instant messaging, telephones and computers. Get your son, his family and yourself a Web Cam (my son just installed mine today)they are awesome and cheep. Mine even has voice abilities. I was able during my one son's first tour to see him during our IM time now he will also be able to see me too. My oldest and youngest used theirs during the boot camps and stations and being able to see them is so comforting. Fourth remember the ARMY changes its mind at the drop of a dime. My sons have had orders for deployments and at the last minute they are changed. And last of all Crying, knotted stomach and fear are all normal for a mother but fill yourself with PRIDE that your son is not only keeping his family safe but also fighting for the rest of us and our freedoms that we so enjoy like talking to each other on this forum. DO you have your Blue Star Mothers Flag? If not get yourself one and proudly display it in your window. I also have a sign at the end of my driveway that says "ARMY Proud a Home of a Soldier" Be proud!!!!!!! Your son is doing an awesome duty!! God is magnificent and has his plan and we need only follow him and he will keep us safe.

3 Blue Star Mother and Proud of it!
Pray for our troops to come home safe and soon.
Enjoying the road to the simple life :>)
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2007 :  4:51:21 PM  Show Profile
I don't have a Blue Star Flag yet. Good idea. Thanks so much for your hints and words of advice and comfort Betty Jo. Wow...I can't even imagine if all three of my grown boys were in the army. Besides this oldest one I have a 27 year old and 23 year old too. You are amazing to be handling THAT!!
I like the web cam idea!!

Jenny in Utah
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2007 :  05:57:50 AM  Show Profile
God bless you and your family Jenny. You all will be in prayers. Take care!

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

bboopster
True Blue Farmgirl

1140 Posts

Betty Jo
West Bend Wisconsin
USA
1140 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2007 :  08:04:28 AM  Show Profile  Click to see bboopster's MSN Messenger address
Aunt Jenny,
I also wear a pin my oldest son gave me all the time. It is a yellow ribbon with an ARMY charm hanging from it. It is small but a reminder. I have had strangers hug me, offer their prayers and support. It gives me such pride to have the support from the public. I also wear a small heart shaped pin that has the American flag on it. If you ever need some support you just call on me and I will be there. Us Blue Star Mothers need to stick together to support each other and our families. Hugs and

3 Blue Star Mother and Proud of it!
Pray for our troops to come home safe and soon.
Enjoying the road to the simple life :>)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic my son called to active duty. Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page