Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Victoria Magazine arrived!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Victoria Magazine arrived!! Next Topic  

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
Smoky Mountains Tennessee
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2007 :  8:42:01 PM  Show Profile
Hey there,

Just wanted to share that I got my first issue of the new Victoria magazine today. It's just as wonderful as it always was years ago. Has anyone else received theirs?

Stephanie

www.dreamkingdomdesigns.com
www.dreamkingdomdesigns.blogspot.com

"hold close your inner child and always listen to the gentle whispers" ~queenofdreamsz

Maryjane Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

2195 Posts

Maryjane
CA
USA
2195 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2007 :  9:17:26 PM  Show Profile
Not yet but waiting with great excitement! Will let ya know!

Hugs, Maryjane Lee

The Beehive Cottage~est. 1971
"Sisters on the Fly"

P.S. Mine came! Just like the good old days!

Edited by - Maryjane Lee on Oct 19 2007 11:10:25 PM
Go to Top of Page

Cheryl
True Blue Farmgirl

919 Posts

Cheryl
Magalia CA
USA
919 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2007 :  05:51:52 AM  Show Profile
Nope, Hopefully today!
Cheryl

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Go to Top of Page

Tammy Claxton
True Blue Farmgirl

1559 Posts

Tammy
Glen Burnie Maryland
USA
1559 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2007 :  05:56:47 AM  Show Profile  Send Tammy Claxton an AOL message
Not yet...hopefuly soon!

What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger!

http://countryintheburbs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2007 :  5:21:47 PM  Show Profile
Squeeling w/excitement!!!!!!!!!! I was wondering when it would be out....I knew the projected date was November...
I am so glad to hear that it arrived via mail, now I will watch my mailbox eagerly..

oh & Steph, got the fabric for your apron(arrived w/todays mail along w/the Halloween Mini Aprons-what a great mail day!),,,,boy o boy am I gonna have fun decorating it. teehee teehee!

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
www.katmom4.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

junkjunkie
True Blue Farmgirl

1306 Posts

Judy
Lawrenceville NJ
USA
1306 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2007 :  07:27:59 AM  Show Profile
What a nice surprise to find in my mail, yesterday, the holiday issue! I'm looking at it right now, and am transformed into another (much nicer) world...so glad it was brought back!

"To have life in focus, we must have death in our field of vision." Benedictine monk John Main
Go to Top of Page

Luzy
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Luanne
Pueblo Colorado
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2007 :  07:57:36 AM  Show Profile
I got mine yesterday too. Yippee!! Such a beautiful issue. Love it!! Lu

--
May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.
http://luzy.etsy.com- My etsy store!
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2007 :  5:38:55 PM  Show Profile
yea!!!!!! mine came today!
so needless to say, I pulled out my dainty rose tea cup & saucer, made Earl Grey tea, and added 2 ginger snaps along side my cup, snuggled on the davenport w/2 of my 4 kitties & just 'strolled down memory lane' Victoria Magazine style!.
So awesome, it was like getting together with a dear old friend that you haven't seen in years. A much needed get together. I ador the article on Tasha Tudor's antique dresses, wish I could afford one or two or all!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com

Edited by - katmom on Oct 19 2007 5:40:56 PM
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9324 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9324 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2007 :  02:54:00 AM  Show Profile
Does anyone seem to think they have a lot of ads in this issue? There are 32 pages of ads not counting the ones in the back. I thought it was a lot but maybe not as I have never received Victoria until now. Of course I understand about ads helping to pay for the magazine.

"The earth is the Lord's and the fullness thereof and all that dwell therein."

www.torismimi.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2007 :  12:06:37 PM  Show Profile
Grace, you're echoing my thoughts! Just like visiting with an old friend. Mine came to me (insert happy dance here) and I can't wait to sit down and read and ooh and ahhh. Denise, I haven't looked yet so I have no answer on the ads. I just know it takes ad money to finance a magazine (just ask Maryjane). Do you know it's the ad revenue and not the subscriptions that finance it? Subscriptions just bring in people to read the ads, from the magazine's pragmatic point of view. And the more subscriptions you have the more advertisers want to get their faces in front of readers. I always enjoyed Victoria's ads, too, because they seemed like a reflection of the magazine. Hope this helps and I hope you enjoy Victoria as much as I do.

Farmgirl hug,
Patricia

check out my etsy site http://ThePlayfulFarmgirl.etsy.com

Take me home, country roads
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9092 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9092 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2007 :  3:05:27 PM  Show Profile
I really liked the pictures of the Tasha Tudor dresses too. Kind of sad that they are selling them. The only thing that I wish was different about the magazine is that I want it EVERY MONTH.
NANCY JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2007 :  8:31:51 PM  Show Profile
Unlike some of the larger magazines, that nearly 1/2 or better is/are ads, "Victoria" has a set decorum as to the type of ads, they are more classier and on the same level as Victoria magazine. I love the fact that the old "Victoria" would high light women who where business owners & entrapnures, it encouraged women to dream and to follow that dream. The old Victoria was published by the Meredith Corp. but the new one is by Hoffman who publish magazines like Tea Time, The Red Hat Society(no longer in print) and other womens magazines.
I to wish it were a monthly magazine,,, but am just so delighted that they are back in print with the same lovely format & gentility. After all, I am & have always been, a little girl playing dress-up at a make believe tea party not to mention a hopeless romantic, just ask my darling husband.

www.katmom4.blogspot.com

Edited by - katmom on Oct 20 2007 8:34:35 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Victoria Magazine arrived!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page