Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Reading Room
 Author Rose Pressy coming to Green County, KY!!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Reading Room: Previous Topic Author Rose Pressy coming to Green County, KY!!!! Next Topic  

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2007 :  11:50:10 AM  Show Profile
oh how exciting!! ANOTHER author coming to KENTUCKY .. and it's THIS comin' WEEKEND!!!!

We'll meet at the Plaid Peacock at 4:00 p.m. (October 20) .. to meet Rose and a 'book signing' .. ohhhhhh .. dooooooo plan to purchase her book: MY HAUNTED FAMILY.

AND ... let's do a 'book club' gathering at Freedom Valley Farm next month (how's a pot luck supper book club gathering sound!!!) ohhh .. t'would surely be grande if Rose lives close enough that she could return to Green County to attend!

NOW .. for my 'gal pals' that live 'OFF' (not in Kentucky .. or too far from Green County to join us) .. ef'fen you would like to get a copy of this book .. we could do a fun 'on-line' book club discussion for this book ... let me know .. i'll get all the 'particulars' of purchasing and mailing a copy of her book to you!!!

Of course, if you can't make the fun festivities for Saturday .. but CAN plan to join us in mid-November here at 'the farm' .. you can come to our book club dinner and spend the night!! let me know if you think that might be 'do-able' .. will come up with a date for the book club/dinner/gathering here real soon!

AND .. as if that isn't enough to get our hearts pitty-patting .. on Saturday, after the book signing at Plaid Peacock ... we will all saunter next door to LUCY TUCKER's for dinner with Rose .. where she will do some 'readings' from her book!!!

below is a little info sent along to me by Lucy's 'momma' .. Peggy Calhoun. REMEMBER .. ya' gotta' call and get that reservation before all the 'seats' are gone!

p.s. Miz Peggy .. consider this my FORMAL REQUEST for one of them thar 'churs'!!

AND .. "oh be still my heart" .. a SALE!!! On Saturday, we gurlfrenz will receive a 25% discount on autumn treasures from the Plaid Peacock! Ahhhh .. AUTUMN .. my very mos' favorite-est season of the year!

Don't 'cha jus' love this little Village of Greensburg .. County of Green .. State of Kentucky!!

no matter where you live .. ALWAYS take advantage of your community events, organizations, and programs! It's what 'life is made of'!!

Remember .. call Lucy's for that reservation .. NOW!

work your way through the chewing gum wrappers, lipstick tubes, and Visa Slips in the bottom of your pockets and purse (oh wait! that would be MY purse!) .. well .. whatever you have hidin' those PENNIES in your purse and scattered in your dresser drawers .. gather them up for that great sale at the PEACOCK .. (we have another month and a half of 'autumn' to decorate for!)

Contact me if you want a copy of Rose Pressey's book if you are from 'off'.

Put on your mos' GHOSTLY ATTIRE to welcome Miz Pressy to Greensburg .. and

MEET ME at 4 p.m. .. Saturday, October 20 at the PEACOCK!

and .. let me know if you would like to be in an 'in-person' .. or 'on-line' book club to discuss MY HAUNTED HOUSE .. gosh! we might even continue our book club and work our way through some more Kentucky Authors!!

i'm sooooooooooooooo excited about this fun event! xo, frannie

p.s. below is info that Peggy sent to me to send to YOU!

Rose Pressey, an author with roots in central Kentucky, is receiving rave reviews about her latest book, My Haunted Family. The book is a collection of tales of one family’s encounters with the paranormal. And readers are applauding the suspense filled stories with comments like “loved it!” “ intriguing & well written” “chilling tales” and “couldn’t put it down.”

The Plaid Peacock in downtown Greensburg is proud to announce that Ms. Pressey will be on hand for a special appearance and book signing at the store on Saturday, October 20, 2007 at 4:00 in the afternoon. After the book signing Rose will be joining diners at Lucy Tucker’s for supper and readings from her collection of true tales. Shoppers will be able to buy fall merchandise at 25% off on Saturday only. Don’t miss this exciting evening guaranteed to raise the hairs on the back of your neck! Reservations are required for supper. Call Lucy Tucker’s at 932-2658.

O.K. WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR??? HAVE YOU CALLED LUCY'S YET???

True Friends * Frannie

HEAR MY STORIES
come, visit my:

"GATHERING ROOM" ..

http://freedomvalleyfarm.blogspot.com

e-mail me: Freedom_Valley_Farm@windstream.net

MaryJane & Family
Green County, KENTUCKY
October 2007

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2007 :  5:35:22 PM  Show Profile
Frannie,
I looked at the book on Amazon. It does look like a good one. I put it on my list and will order it soon.
NANCY JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2007 :  7:27:20 PM  Show Profile
grande miz nancy .. let's do a 'book discussion' about it. have you started your janice holt giles books yet? xo

True Friends * Frannie

HEAR MY STORIES
come, visit my:

"GATHERING ROOM" ..

MaryJane & Family
Green County, KENTUCKY
October 2007
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2007 :  05:42:04 AM  Show Profile
Frannie,
Not yet, but its next when I finish the one I'M reading now.I have to start with "THE ENDURING HILLS", then I think "TARA'S HEALING" is next. Then I have a third one ordered but will have to go look to see what it is. It should have been here by now, I will go check to see where it is in the shipping world. I will order the new ROSE PRESSY book soon. I just ordered a new Christmas apron from BEV, AT BEE HAVEN MAVEN, BOY IS IT PRETTY. I have to give my bank account a few days to rest.HA.
NANCY JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2007 :  09:25:50 AM  Show Profile
nancy .. be sure to get HANNAH FOWLER .. she is the 'beginning' matriarch of most of the books. it tells the story of her and her dad first coming to kentucky to settle.

i am sooooooooooooooo very excited about author Rose Pressy coming here .. i adore Kentucky books! its going to be such a fun event!

True Friends * Frannie

HEAR MY STORIES
come, visit my:

"GATHERING ROOM" ..

MaryJane & Family
Green County, KENTUCKY
October 2007
Go to Top of Page
  Reading Room: Previous Topic Author Rose Pressy coming to Green County, KY!!!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page