Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 My Pics of Meeting MaryJane
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic My Pics of Meeting MaryJane Next Topic  

tangledthreads
True Blue Farmgirl

185 Posts

Michelle
Middle Tennessee
USA
185 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2007 :  12:23:49 PM  Show Profile
Here is a few shots of meeting MaryJane at Miz Frannie's beautiful cabin....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/15098147@N08/sets/72157602419440414/

We headed out at about 15 to eight, thinking we could give ourselves plenty of time for the 2.5 hr trip to Freedom Valley Farm, after bad Mapquest directions and depending on men for directions we arrived at Frannie's home after 1:00 pm, almost missing MaryJane who was suppsoe to ahve left at 1. Wow, I am so glad she was running late and we didn't miss that chance to see her and her lovely family!

For anyone that has not met Frannie, let's just say I was almost as excited and nervous to meet her! She and honey hunk were too very lovely people, I could have sat there and listened to their stories and adventures for hours! And there home was a masterpiece of prim vintage loveliness!!

Thanks Frannie for opening up your home for us to get to meet someone who inspires us to leave this place a better place for having been here!!

You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
Mahatma Ghandi

A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song. Chinese Proverb

My Blog: http//tangledthreadsandknottedyarn.blogspot.com

JudyBlueEyes
True Blue Farmgirl

657 Posts

Judith
Spokane Washington
USA
657 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2007 :  12:38:54 PM  Show Profile
Lovely photos, Michelle - you are an artist with the camera! Thanks for sharing!

We come from the earth, we go back to the earth, and in between, we garden!
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9092 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9092 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2007 :  12:40:24 PM  Show Profile
What nice pictures, thank you so much for showing them, all us poor poor souls that couldn't go love to see what we missed.
NANCY JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2007 :  12:55:05 PM  Show Profile
ohhhhhhhh pshaw!!! thanks for the sweet words dear friend! LOVED THE PHOTOS!!! ahhhhhhh ... what sweet memories!

i am SOOOOOOOOO happy that you kids made it before MaryJane had to leave! AND .. actually, you had more 'alone time' with her because you did come late! the air was buzzin' around 'queen bee' maryjane .. like a busy, busy hive before you got here .. and that was very exciting! but i do love when we have time to sit with a few friends and really get to know them!

hopefully, you gurlz now know which 'back-roads' to take to get here and will visit again and again and again!

i loved the photos you took .. but OH-MY-GAWD!!! was that a PLASTIC ice chest is saw in the front yard? heaven forbid! i always go out of my 'primitive' way to keep 'plastic and paper-ware' out of sight! i just knew my 'ice-maker' wasn't going to make enough ice for that crowd .. sooo .. as soon as we hauled patsy's care outta' the ditch .. hank drove about 14 miles (round trip) to get me a HUGE bag of ice .. which HA! .. we never even broke into or needed! that ice-maker was puttin' it out like the 'loaves and fishes'!!!

someday i want to make some of the 'vignettes' here at the farm into lovely notecards!

the red SCHOOLHOUSE .. oh my! the SINS that it hides! it is crammed packed .. wall to wall .. floor to ceiling with TREASURES .. but unfortunately .. most are jus' HEAPED on top of each other. And i'm one of those gurlz .. that if i need to 'find' something .. i rip and tear through stuff .. tossing it with abandon and letting it lie where it falls! SOMEDAY .. our gurlz with have a heck-of-a-mess to clean up! what i should do is have a buncha gurlfrenz visit and help me go through all those boxes .. and gift some of those treasures to them! (i have had offers!) ... SOMEDAY!!

each spring and autumn .. i swear i'm going to go in there and 'clean up' cuz' i would dearly love to make this building into a wonderful 'guest cabin' and 'studio' and 'shoppe' ... like i sed: SOMEDAY!!!

oh .. and if i did let ya'll see in there .. i might hafta' shoot you and bury you under the 'tater patch' .. to keep you from telling everyone about that big MESS!!!

i adore the photos of you kids and maryjane! isn't it just grande how our lives touch each others. i feel so very sorry for women who don't have true friends .. we should all reach out to each other!

thanks again dear friend for joining us at our fun 'farmgirl' gathering. xo

True Friends * Frannie

HEAR MY STORIES
come, visit my:

"GATHERING ROOM" ..

http://freedomvalleyfarm.blogspot.com

e-mail me: Freedom_Valley_Farm@windstream.net

MaryJane & Family
Green County, KENTUCKY
October 2007

Edited by - CabinCreek-Kentucky on Oct 15 2007 12:57:37 PM
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2007 :  1:12:16 PM  Show Profile
Beautiful photos, Michelle! Just lovely.
Frannie- if you hadn't mentioned the cooler I never would have noticed it. But since you did..........ha ha

Karin

Wherever you go, there you are.

www.madrekarin.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

tangledthreads
True Blue Farmgirl

185 Posts

Michelle
Middle Tennessee
USA
185 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2007 :  1:37:58 PM  Show Profile
Frannie,

I noticed the cooler when I loaded the pic yesterday..lol...well, anytime...we are ready to come back! We enjoyed the visit with the other farmgirls, you and Hank so much so maybe being late worked out perfect after all!

I can't find you, Ivy on here, so please messege me so I can find your profile! And Janet, too!

For anyone who has not met Ivy, wow, if she lived closer I would want her to be my new BFF! She was a delightful sweetheart!!!

Yes, Frannie, its amazing how MaryJane has connected all of us..wow..what a gift!

You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
Mahatma Ghandi

A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song. Chinese Proverb

My Blog: http//tangledthreadsandknottedyarn.blogspot.com

Edited by - tangledthreads on Oct 15 2007 1:40:00 PM
Go to Top of Page

Once upon a Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

57 Posts

Ivy
Bartlett TN
USA
57 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2007 :  08:02:16 AM  Show Profile
Hi Miss Michelle,

I have sent you an email. If you are still looking for Janet she is Janetinva. I had such a fun

time. One I will never forget. It was wonderful to meet you and surely when I make my way across

TN we will meet up again.

Ivy
Go to Top of Page

~Tracey~
True Blue Farmgirl

351 Posts

Tracey
TN
USA
351 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2007 :  1:49:09 PM  Show Profile
Awesome photos!@! thanks for sharing!

Tracey,
mama to Callum 14, Katie 9, Wil 6.5, Benjamin 4 and Andrew 18 months!!

http://hansenhootenanny.blogspot.com/ Family blog
http://eclecticcharm.blogspot.com/ crafty blog
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic My Pics of Meeting MaryJane Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page