Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 I'll take a dash of humility with my humble pie!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic I'll take a dash of humility with my humble pie! Next Topic  

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2007 :  2:15:59 PM  Show Profile
Today was an errand day . . . picking out a new faucet, grocery shopping, stocking some things at my "junk warehouse," etc. Anyhoo, I had purchased a pair of black cowgirl boots off ebay last spring. I already have my brown ones I live in and my red ones for my "flirty days" but I decided black would be a nice addition. By the time I purchased them, it was pretty much past cowgirl boot season, so they just sat in my closet until today. So today I put them on, was pleased with how comfy they are and went on my merry way. In Walmart, I discovered why I had gotten them for a song. They are slick as the dickens. I waited until I was right where the two main aisles of the store converge, so that as many people as possible could see and then the next thing I knew I was on the floor. Of course everyone around clucked and carried on and I jumped up in a split second trying to end the humiliation quickly. I assured everyone I was okay and went on my humble way. I assured myself that now that I KNEW these boots are slick I would have no problem staying upright in them. I managed to survive costco and the bank without any unplanned trips and then I hit Fred Meyer. I shopped and had just finished my purchases. Right as I went through the main doors (again, making sure I was in the place most noticable for all!) down I went again, this time flinging my sacks everywhere. My butt by now was feeling quite abused as were my palms, but again I jumped up at lightening speed, doing my best to assure everyone I was fine. I pray that there were none of the same Walmart shoppers from this morning at Fred Meyer. So I ran home and slipped into my trusty brown cowgirl boots. They might be worn, but I have yet to have them fling me to the ground! The black ones in the mean time have been "shelved" . . . Anyone want some brand new black leather cowgirl boots? I'll give you a really "slick" deal! LOL!

Hugs & blessings,

Brenda

Past Blessings . . . Celebrating Life as it used to be . . . when people loved God, loved their families and loved their country.

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2007 :  2:19:40 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Oh no Brenda! I know how that goes! Take a rasp to the bottoms and scuff up the the slickness- or go and scuff your feet on the sidewalk- that works too!

I hope your bum and hands feel better! Good thing there are lots of people in Spokane- No one probably even knew you!:D

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2007 :  2:50:45 PM  Show Profile
I had some like that..took some rough sandpaper to the soles..and that helped alot. I am sure not know for my gracefulness..I slip in sneakers ...so I understand...that is so embarrassing!!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2007 :  2:52:56 PM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
Brenda that stinks!! I hope your bottom heals soon.Hey can you email me as to where your shop is? I'd like to stop in. And shop;)

Mommy to 2
Your FreckleFaced Farm Girl!!
http://myfarmdreams.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2007 :  3:50:08 PM  Show Profile
Brenda,
How are you feeling now, I have to think you might be feeling a bit sore now? YES fix those boots, a shoe repair place might be able to put a rubber sole on the heel or something, training wheels?
NANCY JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2007 :  3:53:20 PM  Show Profile
Oh my rear end will be just fine, thanks! My pride however is still quite wounded! LOL! Amanda, my shop is at 6205 N. Nevada, which is just a 1/2 block South of Francis. You can see it from Francis. I only do the sales about once a month and will be stopping for a couple monthes in the winter so the one on Nov. 2 & 3 we be my last for a while. It goes from 9 am to 5 pm both Friday and Saturday. Hope you can come!

I'll have to try the sandpaper on the heels of the boots. They are a great classic looking cowgirl boot, but I didn't realize I was going to be providing entertainment with them wherever I go! LOL!

Hugs & blessings,

Brenda

Past Blessings . . . Celebrating Life as it used to be . . . when people loved God, loved their families and loved their country.
Go to Top of Page

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2007 :  4:20:26 PM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
When my kids were smaller and they would fall,I would always tell them to let Mama see, than I would Exclaim!! OH my you cracked your butt!! They would laugh so hard the tears would go away. ;)

Mommy to 2
Your FreckleFaced Farm Girl!!
http://myfarmdreams.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2007 :  4:48:22 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
LOL! That is too funny, Amanda!

Alee
Go to Top of Page

Shirlaroo
True Blue Farmgirl

297 Posts

Shirley

Australia
297 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2007 :  6:48:18 PM  Show Profile
Brenda, I must be wicked as your post had me in fits of laughter.

Friends are the best collectables.
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4738 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4738 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2007 :  8:38:16 PM  Show Profile
Amazing how those embarrassing moments only happen when there are lots of people around isn't it? I only fall when there is a crowd around too! Glad you didn't get hurt Brenda.

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2007 :  03:34:10 AM  Show Profile
Sounds like those boots would be better used on a dance floor, but only if you slip them off as you exit

I sure hope someone came to your aid both times it's scary to see anyone fall but good when you can laugh it off

Best just take those beauties to the thrift store w/ an attached disclamor

And I wonder how many times the original seller fell before she got tired of a bruised posterior
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2007 :  05:38:40 AM  Show Profile
Oh my gosh, Brenda! How embarrassing and painful. (And funny. No, I am not laughing. Nope, not one bit.) You poor thing!

Karin

Wherever you go, there you are.

www.madrekarin.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

AuntJo
True Blue Farmgirl

117 Posts

Jo
Oklahoma
USA
117 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2007 :  07:04:20 AM  Show Profile
Brenda, I had to chuckle, sorry. I've done that so many times I've lost count. I hope your pride isn't too bruised.

Aunt Jo to 24 nieces and nephews and counting
http://auntjoscorner.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2007 :  07:13:30 AM  Show Profile
Oh trust me I was laughing at myself so don't feel bad. And yes, people came to my aid . . . far too many people (LOL!) which is why I jumped up so rediculously quick. Trying to make them all pretend nothing happened. Anna, they were actually new boots, so hopefully I am the only one that did a 'break dancing" routine!! LOL! My mom (after fits of hysterical laughter . . .) told me there are some type of non-slip sticker things you can get at shoe stores to put on the soles. I'll have to look. If not, they'd make darling planters!

Hugs & blessings,

Brenda

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2007 :  08:12:23 AM  Show Profile
OR, put a roof on top, cut a hole in the side & you have a bird house!!!!! lol!
or,,, my favorite, on the top part of the toe, drilla hole about the size of a dime or quarter, fill the boot w/bird seed & hang from a fence post. The birdies will love you and your kitties will love to watch the birdies.. hee hee hee!
Glad you didn't break any body parts, after all, you have some serious shopping to do next Sat. @ the Quilt Show!
>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
www.katmom4.blogspot.com

Edited by - katmom on Oct 13 2007 08:13:12 AM
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2007 :  09:04:43 AM  Show Profile
LOL! Perhaps my humble moment could turn into yet another junkin' project! So much junk to conquer in only one lifetime!

Hugs & blessings,

Brenda

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2007 :  09:14:31 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I love how creative you are Brenda!

Alee
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2007 :  12:09:01 AM  Show Profile
Oh my word Brenda, when I talked to you this evening I hadn't read this yet. Girl!!!!!!! Slick is right!!!!!
Carol Sue

listening to the quiet moments
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic I'll take a dash of humility with my humble pie! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page