Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Chapters
 Farmgirl Chapter Chatter
 first meeting!!HELP!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic first meeting!!HELP! Next Topic  

shawna
True Blue Farmgirl

241 Posts

missouri (north)
241 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2007 :  08:51:44 AM  Show Profile
I planning a first time meeting. I was hoping to get some ideas of what to do. you know ice-breakers, what we expect plan, and have a great time! I want the group to be productive in learning and spread this farmgirl way of thanking like a virus! I live in a major county area, so I'm hoping to get a good herd of "seasoned" and "fresh" "cows and heifers"! I'm really excited about this

xoxo s.r.

celebrate2727
True Blue Farmgirl

989 Posts

Beth
MJF Farmgirl
989 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2007 :  09:09:24 AM  Show Profile  Send celebrate2727 a Yahoo! Message
Yippee Shawna, I am so excited for you!

Here are a few ideas for your first meeting.
You could have everyone write down something about themselves and then have someone else in the group introduce them. Find out what they like to do, maybe someone in the group knows how to spin and others want to learn. You could plan a spinning night. This time of year is great for apples. Everyone could bring a bag of apples in (or better yet, you could all head out to an orchard and pick some) and together make a favorite apple recipe to bring home.

These a just a few ideas, I am sure the farmgirls will have plenty of others. We'd all love to hear how it goes so be sure to post all about it.

blessings
beth

I Can
beth@maryjanesfarm.org

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2007 :  09:11:22 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hi Shawna-

Maybe you could think of something "farmgirl" that you know how to do that a lot of people don't know and you could teach that- like how to make your own household cleaners, or making diapers or something like that. Or you could bring some pretty paper and have everyone make a "chapter page" which could be just a letter, or you could bring fabric and you all could sit around and make yo-yo's. I would suggest just making it fun! You will think of things as you sit around and chat with other, I think!

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2007 :  09:43:58 AM  Show Profile
I think the idea of finding out the other farmgirls interests is good. But don't put too much pressure on yourself for the first meeting. At this point you just want to get to know each other. These things seem to have a way of heading a direction on their own when you are each like-minded. And then maybe plan to take turns each month as to who plans things and what skills or ideas you share. Yo-Yo's are so simple and would be a great starter project. I love to do them . . . even at my son's football game. LOL! I just think you should not be stressed or nervous. The farmgirls I have met are warm and friendly and the conversation just seems to flow without trying.

Hugs & blessings,

Brenda

Past Blessings . . . Celebrating Life as it used to be . . . when people loved God, loved their families and loved their country.
Go to Top of Page
  Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic first meeting!!HELP! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page