Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Craft Day Pictures! Mary Jane at Karin's House!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Craft Day Pictures! Mary Jane at Karin's House!! Next Topic
Page: of 4

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2007 :  7:25:55 PM  Show Profile
Oh you all are so adorable! You look so happy and like you're just having so much fun!

http://therusticcottage.blogspot.com

Visit my Etsy Shop! http://therusticcottage.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2007 :  05:34:18 AM  Show Profile
Lisa- I was wearing two aprons!! I had on my working apron and then Kathie brought me one of her super-cute half aprons and on it went!!
Tamara's apron pocket was made from a handkerchief. Isn't it beautiful? It was attached across the bottom, set on point, and before the top corner was attached, a little clear plastic ring was slipped on to hold the fabric together. I think she said she got it from eBay.
The sheets from my back porch roof are coming off today to be made into strips for a rug! But I did love how they looked out there billowing in the breeze as we sat and ate lunch.
My house is still not put back together. That is the plan for today. To bring up all of the furniture we stuck under the house and put it back where it belongs. But I have to say, I sort of liked the "spare" look and may just toss a bunch of stuff into a yard sale next weekend. ha ha
Then it will be easier to get ready for the next Farmgirl Gathering. And you know it's happening!

Karin

Wherever you go, there you are.

www.madrekarin.blogspot.com

Edited by - Mumof3 on Oct 13 2007 05:35:09 AM
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2007 :  06:45:20 AM  Show Profile
KArin you are so flexible...i love it!!! I was so inspired to finally decorate my house, i have been holding back and now i want to burst into action. Anyone who wants to send me ideas for an 1800's farmhouse, let me know! I need to make this place look more like I am in charge, rather than a preschool in every corner!
Go to Top of Page

mima
True Blue Farmgirl

1573 Posts

1573 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2007 :  08:19:01 AM  Show Profile
You guys are all darling! loved the pictures~~~~it was wonderful to see who I'm really talking to on this forum!(not nasty middle aged men posing as farmgirls-that's my hubby take on this!!) I love you all! Karin!!!! Your house should be photo-d for Country Living!!! SO cute and so are you chicka!!! Hugs!
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2007 :  09:05:49 AM  Show Profile
Looks like you all had such a wonderful time. So fun to see everyone and put faces with the names. Karin, your home is lovely!

Hugs & blessings,

Brenda

Past Blessings . . . Celebrating Life as it used to be . . . when people loved God, loved their families and loved their country.
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2007 :  11:52:57 AM  Show Profile
Missed you Mima Sweetie !!

Tell your hubby, he & mine are Wrong! & Now they can just keep their minds outta the gutter.. Sweet Farm girls all hanging out here!
Not creepy men lurking!!

In a World Where you Can Be Anything, Be Yourself..
Go to Top of Page

prissystitches
Farmgirl at Heart

9 Posts

Priscilla
Ellenwood Georgia
USA
9 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2007 :  12:04:16 PM  Show Profile
Kathie,

I connected to the connection.. Woohoo.. Your description was so charmingly accurate, it sounded as delightful, as it felt the first time around..Thank you for my beautiful bag, I love it, and it is now known as prissystitches tatting traveler!! lol

I arrived with my username via the help of my daughters Tiffany and Tamara, need I say more, and by the way I have already smacked them for not sharing the stripped pieces of sheets...they were not raised to selfishly guard strips of fabric..lol

It was a lovely day, and the way your words captured the essence of MaryJane is brilliant...for she is just as you described.

Thanks for all the fun, and friendliness, it is so nice to have a face with a name. You are all an elite group of women, and it was a great pleasure to be with you all..

piling love upon love, Cilla
Go to Top of Page

prissystitches
Farmgirl at Heart

9 Posts

Priscilla
Ellenwood Georgia
USA
9 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2007 :  12:18:42 PM  Show Profile
o sorry, by the by, that dessert you wrote of , all the raspberries, pudding, angel food cake, jello, and cool whip in the large glass bowl...is known as English Trifle, and that one was designed with the least amount of sugar...yay yay..so you could have eaten it all day..

a drop more of love
Cilla
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2007 :  12:39:56 PM  Show Profile
oh cilla...could you please give us a quick how to on that trifle? it was marvelous..and you are such a sweetie...i am so glad you are here with us now!!!
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2007 :  12:50:25 PM  Show Profile
Cilla !!!!!!
Oh Girl!! so good to have you here with us now!!
Feels as if we're coming full Circle!!!
It was SO great to see you at our Sweet Sweet Karin's!!

Hug the Girls for me!!
Can't wait to hear more from ya Pumpkin!!

Lots of Love..
Kathie

In a World Where you Can Be Anything, Be Yourself..
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2007 :  2:03:54 PM  Show Profile
if you girls have not met cilla and her two hilarious daughters....you should ...treat em nice and give em a big warm farmgirl welcome!!! These 3 are gems!!!!
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2007 :  2:24:53 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for posting all of the pictures!! It was like being there with you all. What a great time you were having!! Love the house, the kitchen, everything!! Maybe someday MaryJane will come to Long Island...then you can all come here and help me clean my henhouse...
Go to Top of Page

prissystitches
Farmgirl at Heart

9 Posts

Priscilla
Ellenwood Georgia
USA
9 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2007 :  10:02:57 PM  Show Profile
Here we go Miss Jess, plunge into trifle making, ready...

1 angel food cake, torn into pieces
3 boxes of whatever flavour jello
3 bags of frozen or canned fruit
3 large vanilla pudding mixes
1 large cool whip

OK make up the jello, and toss it into a large glass bowl, (for showing off purposes), having first placed in the bowl your torn cake bits, the jello will soak into the cake, yum, then chuck in the fruit, I actually do not add the cold water whilst making the jelly, I add the frozen fruit instead. Anyhoo, let it all set overnight, then make up the pudding normally, it is probably in your best interest to add the pudding more gingerly, save it back- splashing all over your newly cleaned pinny (English for apron, comes from pinafore)...lol, it will quickly set, you would then be free to pile on the cool whip, and garnish as you wish, chocolate is always tasty with fruit.
Hopefully it will all go well, and your tastebuds should be well satisfied..and those whom you serve..if not don't tell me, let me think of you eating trifle as any well brought up Englishwoman...lol

the pile of love is growing!
Cilla
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2007 :  10:50:43 PM  Show Profile
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yummmm!!!!!!! thank you cilla!!!!!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Shirley
True Blue Farmgirl

734 Posts

Shirley
Olympia Wa
USA
734 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2007 :  12:44:54 AM  Show Profile
Thanks so much for all the pictures. they are great!! Makes me feel like I was there to, you all were having toooo much fun :)
It would have been fun to be there
Hugs to you all
shirley
Go to Top of Page

Meg
Moderator/Farmgirl True

974 Posts

Meg
Idaho
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2007 :  1:52:22 PM  Show Profile
Kathie & Jess~ Thanks for all the pics. We DID have a ball! Oh, Karin, what a wonderful day...

We arrived home about midnight on Friday and since then I have just been kind of in a daze of farmgirl friendship. Meeting all of you was SO grand.

Karin, thank you. Oh, we had FUN! And, Karin, once you have recovered from all your hardwork (you sure know how to throw a party), I would LOVE how-to instructions for your bathroom. Do you think I can do my whole bedroom? Did you all get to see Karin's built in mini house with all the furniture and everything? Oh, your house was so cuuuuttttteee!

It can not be simply said, but thank you all for being in my life...

MaryJane's daughter,

Meg
megan@maryjanesfarm.org
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2007 :  2:52:06 PM  Show Profile
Meg - well, back to home sweet you are home and posting up a storm! I bet you feel you will never catch up! You have the sweetest hubby and daughter. And rightly so, since you are a real sweet girl yourself. I am so glad to have met you.

Now, go paper your bedroom! :) Karin will fly out and help!

Psalm 51: 10-13

Edited by - jpbluesky on Oct 14 2007 2:53:06 PM
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2007 :  3:07:51 PM  Show Profile
Oh Meg..I am so glad you all got home safely..bet you are tired! Give Stella a squeeze for us! I should post pics of Karin's mini house shouldn't I? I wonder if she'd mind.

Hey Karin...can I post pics of your mini house?

well Meg...get some rest...and show us pics of your bedroom when it is done!!!

jess
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2007 :  4:15:46 PM  Show Profile
Dearest Meg- I thought about you all weekend, wondering if you have had time to recouperate!! Thank you, ALL of you, for making Monday one of my most favorite days spent with friends. I have written about it in my journal, on my blog and filed it in the cabinet that holds sweet memories in my mind.
It was such a pleasure to have all of you here, crafting and chatting and eating. ha ha I think I gained 10 lbs. in spite of all of my running around!
Any time you want to come back to Georgia, you just let me know. There will always be chairs at my table for you.

Karin

PS- check out my blog if you have a chance. I posted a lot of pictures. :)
I forgot to add that I will send you directions for the "wallpaper."
And yes, Jess, you can post pics of my home-in-the-wall. I have some on my blog as well. :)

xxxoooK

Wherever you go, there you are.

www.madrekarin.blogspot.com

Edited by - Mumof3 on Oct 14 2007 4:19:21 PM
Go to Top of Page

prissystitches
Farmgirl at Heart

9 Posts

Priscilla
Ellenwood Georgia
USA
9 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2007 :  6:07:10 PM  Show Profile
Hey Meggie, (double letters in the middle of the worddie...LOL)

I was so happy to meet you, and the circumstances made it particularly delightful, stripping sheets, joining and rolling them into monumental soft balls. It was grand to be able to set the world to rights...however, I don't see too much improvement yet! lol.

Thank you for coming, with your brilliant Mummy, and baby and husband, your gentleness and kindness made it a little farmgirl paradise, the girls and I had the greatest of times.

piles of love,
Cilla

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Craft Day Pictures! Mary Jane at Karin's House!! Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page