Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Craft Day Pictures! Mary Jane at Karin's House!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Craft Day Pictures! Mary Jane at Karin's House!! Next Topic
Page: of 4

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2007 :  4:02:02 PM  Show Profile
Well girls I'm home !!!!!
& What a Trip !!!
My husband & i drove from Florida ( Just outside of Tampa ) to Georgia to Karin's ( Just outside of Atlanta.. ) What should have been a 7 hour trip turned into nealy 12 hours!! Seems as if we were behind every accident & construction probablem all the way up Interstate 75 Sunday!! but..ohhhhhh So worth every bit of the wait!

When Jess & I got to Karin's just after 11am the house was a buzz with ladies all talking.. meeting.. & already in full swing of getting to know one another.. Karin met us at the door & we instantly got the most adorable hand made name tags.. & everyone's names went right into a basket for Door Prize drawings that Were going to be done later!

Lots of mingling & sweet little introductions & nosy exploring of Karin's house to be done as we were all getting ready for lunch that was going to be served out on the covered porch..

Girls.. don't ya just get the best ideas for decorating when you go visit some one else's places?????? you HAVE to see Karin's House!
As you walk in she has a few different types of black & white Toile on the walls in the entryway areas.. the top along the ceiling is trimmed with decorative black ribbon! She has the most adorable hutch in this area just full of neat collectibles too..
AND.. along the floor.. built right in the wall.. there cut INTO the wall.. is a small little doll house with miniature furniture & fixtures & working lights.. The entire front of the house opens up.. I couldn't contain myself of course.. & had to keep opening the dang house!
From her living room ( all hardwood floors.. ) you walk into the dining /kitchen area.. Karin has this perfect little pantry.. closed with a screen door that she has stenciled flowers with!! She has a few cabinets in her kitchen.. But mostly just shelves to show off all her great containers & bowls!!! The prettiest Kitchen Curtains.. (I didn't ask.. But yes.. I'm sure she had to make them!!)
Karin's Craft room.. completely absolutely perfect!! i want it of course.... Remember Karin showing us a picture of how she did the floor? painted the floor black.. then applied pictures that she's cut out.. ? then sealed the entire floor? perfectly awesome.. ! the whole room is just so perfect!!
ok.. back to the living room.. as you go down the hallway.. Karin has applied these sweet little pages from books & playing cards from old decks with glue to the walls in her hallway.. from the floor to about better then mid way up.. then sealed it too i'm sure.. What an absolutley remarkable effect.. i LOVE it.. & I WILL be doing this in my house!!! In her bath room.. from say about the distance that a chair rail would be.. to about four inches from the ceiling.. Karin has glued scrap book pages.. all different patterns.. SUCH pretty pages.. in the patten sort of like a checkerboard.. but not really a pattern.. i just mean that they are all lined up nicely.. not randonly placed.. THEN.. in each corner.. where each page will meet.. She's glued BUTTONS!!
THEN!!! above the TOP of these pages.,.. like that four inch gap from the ceiling.. she's glued a trim of brown ribbon! THEN painted that four inches.. AS WELL AS the entire ceiling the pretties color of like a dark Pistachio green!!! What a cool room!

ok.. enough about how amazing Karin's house is huh?
(I LOVED it though!!)

Jeannie told you all what an absolutley fantastic time we had.. & how wonderful everyone was.. I just don't think we can say it enough though!!
Lunch was such a treat! We had a choice of three different Soups.. Taco Soup.. Baked Potato Soup I think it was.. (which was delicious.. ) & the other I am not remembering!! Was it Broccoli maybe?? And a terrific salad so full of so many great veggies!!
Some really nice sweet buns! These teeny little sausage rolls.. a couple different dips & chips galore.. there was salsa.. & chips.. & then this Bean dip that was just lovely! & this Cheese type dip.. lots more chips & Dips..! THE VERY BEST ONION PIE!! Which seemed to me very similar to a Quiche type dish!! But oh Wow.. Fantastic!! There were THREE of these.. & dang.. DId We eat all of them???
Gosh I know I'm forgetting stuff!! Deserts we had later.. let me think.. what was that HUGE massive thing in the Clear glass container? (Besides adding on 20 pounds to my rear?) it was like pudding.. & fruit.. & topping.. & chunks of chocolate.. & it was all layered SOOO prettily in this Great big glass bowl so you could see all the glorious stuff inside! there was a pie that cut & tasted similar to a cake or bread.. there was another that was like a Blondie type thing loaded down with gobs of chips of butterscotch I believe.. I'm telling ya girls.. there was So many sweets.. I was truly in my glory land for my sugar fix!

ok.. food.. the food was great.. Karin's house was amazing..
The People.. WHAT FUN!! I wish you ALL could have come!!
We had the absolute BEST Time!!
Mary Jane is Just the very most Sweetest Woman you'll EVER meet!! She was there.. & you knew she was there.. her lets see.. hmm.. Mary Jane just seems to have this.. Presence... she's just THERE.. She is like this sweet adorable Angel that seems to float & just be there! ( she'll read this later & say yep..Kathie is defiantly off her rocker!) But really it's true.. she doesn't take away.. from anything.. she doesn't demand anything.. but her just simply being there..& BEING.. really Seems to just GIVE everything!
She moves about the house.. visiting.. laughing .. enjoying.. & talking.. & offering.. & is just SUCH a joy.. That you just KNOW how she IS.. who...& why.. & how.. She is Now! She Is Mary Jane!
& NOW you know her too.. & You KNOW how Lucky you are to have met her!!She is So absolutley graceful.. & Sweet.. & genuinley true..
I'm so honored to have been part of our Day with Mary Jane & couldn't be more Grateful to Karin for Sharing her day & home with me! Thanks you So MUCH Karin for your Gracious loving hospitality!!!

Karin is with out a doubt absolutley amazing! Who would have thought that by WINNING something.. you were going to do ALLLLLL that she did! But.. She pulled off the biggest job girls! She did it all so effortlessly.. & flawlessly.. i am So ever impressed with this woman! I am SO grateful Karin for the Invite!
Love ya Kiddo!!

We Met Katy.. who was So.. SOOOO Patient in teaching us to Tat.. Picture ALLLLL of us sitting there with these balls of Tatting thread each.. 2 instructions sheets each.... & each of us holding in our hands a rather LONGISH needle.. like.. what was this.. like 4 inches long or something?? & Katy standing in front of us.. like 20 + woman telling us.. demonstarting what we were to do.. as we.. drop our balls of thread on the floor.. loose stitches.. Flat little Picot's here.. Large ones there.. Counter clock wise when we should be clock wising.. & all the while she is walking from one end of the room to the other as of course as she is helping one girl.. naturally some one at the other end is asking for help with a different question.. then of course there was that Lefty.. That one was one you had to re-think..But in the end.. showed us ALL up! But all the while.. Katy's smiles.. & has a great time with us of course!
& full of encouragement!! ( Did I mention now that I was tired from my drive & lack of sleep & tatting was probably the VERY last thing that a tired.. now Crabby Kathie needed to be doing?)..
Yes.. well.. My Tatting was getting abit knotted.. so even that ever smiling So sweet Katy said maybe I was too tired.. ok.. i DID NOT THROW MY BALL OF THREAD! & I DID NOT POKE JESS WITH MY NEEDLE ON PURPOSE!! It WAS An ACCIDENT!! Just ASK HER! Honestly!

ok.. The Tatting we did AFTER we did the Rag Rug Crocheting.. Did I mention to Mine & Jess's relief that we were NOT expected to whittle our own Crochet hooks!?!
Yes.. THIS was probably a VERY good thing!!
& WHAT FUN!! Jess & I decided we would work as a Team! So.. WE chose to tear our bed sheet together & tie together.. AND then we had TWO smallish balls each.. Rather then ONE large ball .. like everyone else.. & you know what..
These woman became SOOOO Protective of their now newly torn sheets!! & THEY just WOULD not Share!! My thought was.. hey.. wouldn't it be SO cool to each have ONE rip of sheet from everyone on our rugs each? Wow.. apparently not!! Did i mention how much i Adored Cilla? From England? I think this is the spelling.. great friend of Karins.. She & her Daughters Tiffany & Tamara were there .. what fun.. but Dang.. these two girls were just NOT about sharing their newly aquired sheets with jess & I!!

It was SO great to Meet Jeannie.. ( JP BLUESKY) & Her Daughter! (Julie?) Girls.. you just wouldn't believe how Fun & adorable They are!!!!! & They made this dill dip seasoning for all of us!! I can't wait to make it! & the felted pins we got.. I'm thinking these were from Jill.. !!! So Cute & pretty!!

& I WON one of the door Prizes too!!
A Crochet kit! The bag it all came in was just too sweet!!
I love it!

We met Meg.. who I have SO been dying to meet!! i JUST LOVE this Girl! The few times we have written & communicated i knew she was such a little sweet heart!! So i couldn't wait to meet her.. & what a little Pumpkin!! So adorable too.. & Just as gentle & gracious as her Mother! lots of fun too.. We met her sweet Husband Lucas.. what a trooper.. can you imagine.. putting up with all us woman? what a fun guy.. but.. here he was.. having fun & fitting right in.. & of course they brought their beautiful baby Stella.. what an absolutely gorgeous baby girl..So sweet tempered too & the brightest blue Eyes.. Meg says she gets from Lucas.. What a lovely family!

So.. we had fun.. traded stories.. laughed.. caught up as if we all just seen each other last month.. & before you knew it.. It was dinner time.. & Karin's husband was cooking burgers on the grill for everyone!! What an absolutley fantastic Guy!
Just the best Time we had!!

I loved my day..
Craft day At Karin's with Mary Jane..
Ahhhh.. what a Treat!!

Thanks Soooo much everyone.. so many new Girls to remember!

Love ya lots Girls!
Kathie

In a World Where you Can Be Anything, Be Yourself..

Edited by - Kathie on Oct 12 2007 05:56:42 AM

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2007 :  4:10:31 PM  Show Profile
Kathie!! You needed to write my blog! I so wish you lived closer. Between you, me and Cilla, we would be in trouble all the time! ha ha
Be sure to thank that sweet husband of yours, from all of us, for driving you up here. What a guy!
Now go to bed!!

Karin

Wherever you go, there you are.

Come visit me at:
www.madrekarin.etsy.com

www.madrekarin.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2007 :  5:15:10 PM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
LuckyDucks,I am so jealous!! Good to hear you had a fantastic time

Mommy to 2
Your FreckleFaced Farm Girl!!
http://myfarmdreams.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

mima
True Blue Farmgirl

1573 Posts

1573 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2007 :  5:17:34 PM  Show Profile
Thank you guys for letting me experience it through your words!!!! What a wonderful.amazing day!!! Oh,and Karin-fly to California and decorate my house please!!!
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2007 :  5:19:00 PM  Show Profile
Now I can read this and say I know Kathy, I know Karin, I know Jess, I know MaryJane and Meg, and I love all of them so much!!!!!

Great recap, Kathy!!!!! I felt like I was there all over again! You are so funny and cute. Oh, and by the way, I was the annoying leftie who had to be taught backwards.......oh well.

Thank you for the beautiful bag! I am using it already!!! My hubby was so dumbfounded by my stories of how nice and giving everyone is....gotta love it.

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2007 :  6:24:14 PM  Show Profile
kathie .. i so thoroughly enjoyed your wonderful description of a wonderful day .. made me feel like i was there with ya'll! i'm now counting the 'hours' t'il they'll hit Green County, Kentucky!! Hope ya'll didn't 'tucker 'em out too much' .. cuz tomorrow i'm gonna' haul 'em up and down these hills and hollers! but thursday .. they will have some 'relaxin' time with the 'farmgurlz'! thanks again sweetie pie for that delightful story! ahhhhh MEMORIES!! xo, frannie

True Friends, Frannie

FREEDOM VALLEY FARM
KENTUCKY

http://freedomvalleyfarm.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

theoanne
True Blue Farmgirl

282 Posts

teddie
CARROLLTON GA
282 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2007 :  6:48:57 PM  Show Profile
Hey Kathie,
I already sent you an email ,but just had to say thanks again for the tote bag. I LOVE tote bags. You are soooo much fun (crazy?) I had the most fun tatting with you and Jess and Dawn.
I would have shared my ripped/shredded material with you. as a matter of fact I forced Dawn and Angie to share with me since we had similar colors.
I want to know if you have worked on the tatting? When last I saw you you were threatning to throw it out!

Frannie, You are gonna have so much fun! You just don't know. Catch up on your sleep tonight.

TEDDIE

Too blessed to be stressed!
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2007 :  7:25:14 PM  Show Profile
OH HAPPY DANCING FOR YOU ALL!!!!!!
I am so glad you had such a grand time, yes, would have been grand to be there but enjoying your moments with you, even better girls.
Kathie, GO TO BED GIRLIE!!!!!! LOL
Carol Sue

listening to the quiet moments
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2007 :  7:31:04 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Great commentary Kathie! I so wish I could have come! I am so glad you ladies had fun! Post pictures of your rug and tatting!!! :D

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2007 :  10:12:14 PM  Show Profile
Oh, Kathie! I felt just like I was THERE with you all! It must have been just a wonderful day - MaryJane is an amazing "presence," I agree. Some people are just really special - and that includes, of course, all of the farmgirls here. It makes me so glad that this forum exists, and that we can get to "know" each other! Hooray for kindred spirits!!!

XOXO, Libbie

Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2007 :  10:35:10 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Kathie for the wonderful trip in words!! I wish I could have been there too! I just knew Karin and all the rest would make it so fun for you all!!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2007 :  06:35:04 AM  Show Profile
Very well put Kathie..it was just such a fun day and a treat to be around all these wonderful and caring women and i just loved all of them. KArin has really got the best group of friends! I hope they all join the board now as they are all such sweethearts!!! Oh and yes she only poked me on accident. easy to do with a 4 inch needle connected to a 2 foot length of thread and a hanky and the person next to youis 8 inches away! Yikes...thanks for the fun day everyone!!
Go to Top of Page

nitere
True Blue Farmgirl

482 Posts

Amy
Hickory NC
USA
482 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2007 :  06:55:31 AM  Show Profile
wow! great commentary kathie! it was so much fun! thank you so much for the bag. i love it. my best friend is quite jealous of it! and jess-thank you for the lotion. i used it yesterday and smelled quite yummy! and as far as the needle poking goes- i actually drew blood while tatting-but at least it was my own! i also have a thread burn on my thumb from making the ball of fabric strips for the rug. i didn't even know that that was possible!

http://www.buraellen.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Sweet Harvest Homestead
True Blue Farmgirl

279 Posts

Lindy
Stanfield NC
USA
279 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2007 :  5:09:53 PM  Show Profile
Wow!
That sounds like such a wonderful day!
Glad you all had so much fun.
Lindy

www.sweetharvesthomestead.typepad.com
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2007 :  11:43:35 AM  Show Profile
Wow, another vote for wishing I was there heard from here! It's always such a joy to meet other farmgirls. The Law is correct on this one: like does attract like. I keep thinking that if farmgirls ruled the world, it would be a much better place.

so glad you had such a wonderful time! Maybe one day we call all be together for an event. Wouldn't that be a gas?

Farmgirl hug,
Patricia

check out my etsy site http://ThePlayfulFarmgirl.etsy.com

Take me home, country roads
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2007 :  11:49:38 AM  Show Profile
fruit to that!!
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2007 :  11:53:49 AM  Show Profile
And corn, too, Jessica!

love,
P

Go to Top of Page

nitere
True Blue Farmgirl

482 Posts

Amy
Hickory NC
USA
482 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2007 :  11:59:00 AM  Show Profile
i'm hungry

http://www.buraellen.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2007 :  12:13:07 PM  Show Profile
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2007 :  12:24:57 PM  Show Profile
too

Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2007 :  4:48:12 PM  Show Profile
Come to Florida and we will all eat together at my house!

Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2007 :  5:08:28 PM  Show Profile
i did not realize you girls came from florida...when's dinner?
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2007 :  5:15:27 PM  Show Profile
You are kidding - you did not know we are in North Florida? Where have you been girl? :) We are The North Florida Farmgirl Chapter.

And dinner is any night you say you are on your way, and we mean that.

Edited by - jpbluesky on Oct 11 2007 5:18:35 PM
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2007 :  5:36:58 PM  Show Profile
well..glory be.....how did i miss that you were from florida....sometimes my head is not connected...sorry! i will let you know...oh and you still have more posts than I do!
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2007 :  03:49:18 AM  Show Profile
I notice too that so far I am still above you in posts....could have sworn you passed me up! :) Won't be long, though.

Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2007 :  05:32:03 AM  Show Profile
i am posting much more slowly than a few months ago...real life obligations you know!! haha! anyway! i will have to think about a florida vacation!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Craft Day Pictures! Mary Jane at Karin's House!! Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page