Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Chapters
 Farmgirl Chapter Chatter
 Who would like to have a regional chapter meeting?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic Who would like to have a regional chapter meeting? Next Topic  

celebrate2727
True Blue Farmgirl

989 Posts

Beth
MJF Farmgirl
989 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2007 :  07:40:40 AM  Show Profile  Send celebrate2727 a Yahoo! Message
With MaryJane and some of the farmgals here meeting up around the country, it got me to thinking about having some regional meetings. In my mind I see area chapters coming together maybe once a year or more who knows, to meet up, have classes to learn new skills and share the warmth of our farmgirl groups. Would anyone have any interest in something like this? I know not all of us can make it to MaryJanesFarm but how about if it was within a half days drive? I would love to coordinate it but I am wondering what kind of interest we would have. Wouldn't it be fun to show off our badges, spend time with other Farmgirls, have some stitchin circles etc???

What are your thoughts on this?

blessings
beth

I Can
beth@maryjanesfarm.org

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2007 :  09:39:25 AM  Show Profile
Well this is just the coolest idea!! It would be so fun to meet up with the other PNW chapters - Washington, Oregon, Idaho, and any other state out here. I'd be glad to help organize a regional meeting in this area.

http://therusticcottage.blogspot.com

Visit my Etsy Shop! http://therusticcottage.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Cheryl
True Blue Farmgirl

919 Posts

Cheryl
Magalia CA
USA
919 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2007 :  12:41:54 PM  Show Profile
I think it is a great idea!
Cheryl

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

510 Posts

Cindy
Sparks Nevada
USA
510 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2007 :  1:56:25 PM  Show Profile
What a great idea! I would love to meet other like minded gals!

If life gives you scraps, make quilts!
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2007 :  3:16:58 PM  Show Profile
That would be really cool.....
Carol Sue

listening to the quiet moments
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2007 :  10:05:31 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Beth,
Hey, Let us know.. Prosser is in Central Wa. We'd love to host something if gals wanna meet in the middle of Washington State.

Rene'~Farm Girl
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure......"
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2007 :  11:37:45 AM  Show Profile
I'll help our Fearless Leader with anything we do in our area.

Farmgirl hug,
Patricia

check out my etsy site http://ThePlayfulFarmgirl.etsy.com

Take me home, country roads
Go to Top of Page

celebrate2727
True Blue Farmgirl

989 Posts

Beth
MJF Farmgirl
989 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2007 :  11:46:52 AM  Show Profile  Send celebrate2727 a Yahoo! Message
You are so awesome ladies. I am thinking that it would be something we could organize all over the country. Maybe do some regional ones by where the chapters are located and then find a central spot for each. As there are many new chapters popping up now (YIPPEE) and we need to get our badges started I am thinking spring time. Have a chapter host it and help with coordinating things. I am not sure yet but want to send out some feelers and see the response and any ideas anyone has.

blessings
beth

I Can
beth@maryjanesfarm.org

Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2007 :  3:11:34 PM  Show Profile
Oh! Oh! The Clark County Farmgirls will host one!!!!

http://therusticcottage.blogspot.com

Visit my Etsy Shop! http://therusticcottage.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2007 :  3:23:29 PM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
That would be a blast, I would love to haveRegional meetings with you all!!!

Mommy to 2
Your FreckleFaced Farm Girl!!
http://myfarmdreams.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2007 :  5:42:42 PM  Show Profile
Beth,
What a fantastic Idea,
I would certainly make every attempt to attend.
We could meet at a local establishment for lunch so as to not burden our hostess' unless they don't mind a passel of farmgals converging on them, arms loaded down w/ quilts, yoyos, unfinished (me) cross stitch projects and all clad in their cutie pie aprons.... I'm envisioning fun, food & fravolity farmgirl style!

Renee, Prosser, I don't think I said "HI" to you yet, HI

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
www.katmom4.blogspot.com

Edited by - katmom on Oct 12 2007 5:44:58 PM
Go to Top of Page

Lavendar fields dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

1032 Posts

little monkeys mommy
washington
USA
1032 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2007 :  8:46:56 PM  Show Profile
oh yeah i think this is a great idea. hmmmm.... could we some how make it to the coast aaahhh the beach. ok done day dreaming. i would love doing this and lol katmom about all your unfinished projects. I have had to put myself on a strict crafting diet of not starting any new projects until i finish up the old ones or find them a new home if i dont love them anymore. i think we should get together and ragrug it.

lavendar girl
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2007 :  9:20:33 PM  Show Profile
I am soooo far behind in finishing projects,,,,even when I try to stay on tract I manage to get derailed...oh well, such is life! Besides, if I ever did get all my "unfinished projects" completed, where would I display them all...ah, see, there is a method to my maddness!!!
Good night ladies & LFD, get some sleep, that "monkey" needs his rest! lol!

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
www.katmom4.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

amyartgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

991 Posts

Amy
Junction City Ohio
USA
991 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2007 :  11:11:25 AM  Show Profile
I know that I am not in your regional area (Wash/Oregon/Idaho) all the way over here in Ohio...but I really do love the thought of the idea of having a regional Farmgirl meeting (a Nationwide project)...I am in a singing group called Sweet Adelines and we each have a chapter who then also participates in regional functions/meetings, which are always fun. A very cool idea to meet, greet new farmgirls and learn new things....if this works nationwide I am very welcome to the idea or regional stuff....sounds really fun!

http://artfulheart.blogspot.com
http://farmgirltales.blogspot.com

Edited by - amyartgirl on Nov 01 2007 11:11:46 AM
Go to Top of Page

celebrate2727
True Blue Farmgirl

989 Posts

Beth
MJF Farmgirl
989 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2007 :  12:03:12 PM  Show Profile  Send celebrate2727 a Yahoo! Message
My idea is to create regions around the country. Each region would have a chapter host for that years meeting. Think of it as an area convention, I think very similar to what you are talking about with your music group.

So how do you all feel about this? I would love any suggestions. How many states in each region? Where to hold the event? What time of year is best?

blessings
beth

I Can
beth@maryjanesfarm.org

Edited by - celebrate2727 on Nov 01 2007 12:04:02 PM
Go to Top of Page

amyartgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

991 Posts

Amy
Junction City Ohio
USA
991 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2007 :  12:55:58 PM  Show Profile
Hi Beth...The idea sounds great....I LOVE it!!!!

I would think about 3-5 states in a region. In my music group we have about 4 states involved within our region (called the East Central region)....Our entire international organization has between 32-35 regions total. Another example, is my husband's music union organization..... it has 5 states involved in that region it (called the mid-America region).

Usually for our Sweet Adelines regional events we are either in Indianpolis, IN, Columbus, OH, Cincy, OH/Covington, KY area or Louisville, KY...they normally filp-flop locations from year to year.

Hope this gives you a basic idea to jump off from. If I come up with other ideas I will let you know.

http://artfulheart.blogspot.com
http://farmgirltales.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2007 :  12:56:50 PM  Show Profile
I'm agoraphobic, but I'd really love to meet others with kooky farmgirl interests like me. As long as I could step out and get a breath of air ever so often, I'd love it. I'm with LFD, the coast would be lovely, but I'm an ex homesick Seattle girl...any old lake would be nice though and NOT in the dead of winter LOL!
I have too much to do helping out on my landlords farm with all the feeding and baby critters coming for a winter meet up and I hate traveling through the yucky weather .
But spring DOES sound nice. I do a lot of my crafting and sewing during the dark o' winter and I'd have some things to show off by then.
If we could maybe do coastal NW and inland or intermountain NW meet ups that would be cool too.
Just throwin' my two bits in the wishin' well =)

Wishing you joy in small things and peace in your heart

Annika

http://panzymoon.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

asnedecor
True Blue Farmgirl

1054 Posts

Anne
Portland Or
USA
1054 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2007 :  06:57:11 AM  Show Profile
Sounds interesting. Depending on where it is and when it is I would probably go - not sure if I could get everyone in our chapter to go (we have a hard enough time meeting in our area ), but it would be nice to meet other chapter leaders and see what everyone else is up to and share ideas.

Anne in Portland (Northern Oregon Farmgirls)

"Weeds are flowers too, once you get to know them" Eyeore from Winnie the Pooh
Go to Top of Page

debinmtns
True Blue Farmgirl

925 Posts

Debi
Hope Idaho
USA
925 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2007 :  07:18:20 AM  Show Profile
I would be glad to help out in anyway, as long as its a daytime. I can't drive 2 1/2 hours home in the dark by myself. If it in Spokane or Moscow. and it depends the time of year, so on.

debinmtns
Have a Gratitude Attitude
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2007 :  10:32:40 PM  Show Profile
Oh, why, why, WHY is Utah so far?!?!?!? This sounds like it will be so much fun!!!!

XOXO, Libbie

Go to Top of Page

celebrate2727
True Blue Farmgirl

989 Posts

Beth
MJF Farmgirl
989 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2007 :  10:36:34 PM  Show Profile  Send celebrate2727 a Yahoo! Message
Oh Libbie- this will be perfect for your area- I hope to have your chapter participating!

blessings
beth

I Can
beth@maryjanesfarm.org

Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2007 :  11:05:32 PM  Show Profile
Libbie...you just come on up here to Manti any old time..we will have our mini region meet..haha
Seriously..I hope we can do a regional meeting sometime..it would be SO fun!! We Utah gals are sort of spread out, but have done a get together (even included out of state gals here for a visit) before...over a year ago now....but we HAVE done it! Great fun to get with gals you know so well online already!! We met and did some antiquing and went to a tea room...so girly and fun!! Even the carpooling was fun!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com

Edited by - Aunt Jenny on Nov 07 2007 11:07:00 PM
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2007 :  11:13:34 PM  Show Profile
You got it, Jenny - e-mail me and let me come see you before you jet off to CA.

XOXO, Libbie

Go to Top of Page
  Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic Who would like to have a regional chapter meeting? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page