Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Family Matters
 From no family to BIG family...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Family Matters: Previous Topic From no family to BIG family... Next Topic  

goneriding
True Blue Farmgirl

1599 Posts

Winona
Central Oregon
USA
1599 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2007 :  12:33:44 PM  Show Profile
Due to silly circumstances, my aunts and uncles never have been the want-to-know-you type and we haven't been in touch in years. One uncle told me 25 yrs ago not to bother them again and I obliged.

Fast forward to a few months ago. Another uncle found me to let me know that I had inherited a part of some oil wells in TX. He appologized for the family and now we're all on slightly shaky ground but are talking at least.

Ok, then my middle daughter gets her act together several years ago and we renew our relationship. She has a friend who has two little girls and I've taken them on also. My son has always been there for me but he got married this past June and his new wife has a big family which I am now part of. My oldest daughter (whose hubby died) just had her fourth child but she also has 2 stepkids which I am taking on also. Her hubby's family is big and I'm a part of that too.

The country side of my hubby's family welcomes me and the city side (his immediate family) tolerates me, as I them, but at least they are there.

So, there you go. From being on my own practically, to a huge shindig. I'm lovin' it!!

Winona

Don't sweat the small stuff...

Tammy Claxton
True Blue Farmgirl

1559 Posts

Tammy
Glen Burnie Maryland
USA
1559 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2007 :  12:49:54 PM  Show Profile  Send Tammy Claxton an AOL message
That's great! I always wished I had a big family (ie: Aunts, Uncles, etc...) I do have 5 children and that makes me very happy. You are lucky and blessed.

What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger!

http://countryintheburbs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2007 :  1:03:34 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Wow Winona! You sure are part of a Clan now! I am so glad you have such a huge family to love and care for. You strike me as a woman who really enjoys loving and helping others, right?

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
http://home.test-afl.tulix.com/aleeandnora/
Go to Top of Page

goneriding
True Blue Farmgirl

1599 Posts

Winona
Central Oregon
USA
1599 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2007 :  2:19:51 PM  Show Profile
Yep, a big clan!! Y'know, you're post got me thinking...I USED to love helping others but life has dealt me such harsh blows that now I kind of restrict my interactions with others who are on the net or someone who comes to me first. I am finding that my shyness from my childhood is making it's way back into my life. Matter of fact, I've started a book and it's almost too painful to even work on it. But having my family back is extremely comforting to me. Kind of like a big down comforter I can sink into.

Winona ;-)

Don't sweat the small stuff...

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2007 :  2:48:08 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Winona-

I know it can be painful. Life doesn't ever seem to pull the punches when we need it most. Or maybe we are already bruised from something before so something that we might have taken easier feels much much more painful. I always was a talkative child and tried to be outgoing. I love to be around people and share and help out where and whenever I can, but I have found myself craving and enjoying being around smaller groups of people in the past year or two. I feel more comfortable if I know the people who are around me and I find harder to be the extrovert and make friends in a new situation.

I find that I have to work harder and harder to come out of my shell in new situations and with new people that I don't already know. But one thing that I have realized is that I prize those new relationships very much. Maybe it is because I worked so hard to create them. Then again sometimes it doesn't work out, but that doesn't bother me as much as it used to when I was younger.

I am so happy you have big down comforter of a family to sink back into and give you comfort and love as well. You deserve it! *hugs*

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
http://home.test-afl.tulix.com/aleeandnora/
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2007 :  4:32:44 PM  Show Profile
Winona,
How wonderful and I am sure scary at the same time. From very little family to a huge huge one. Good for you for working on your "book". Hard work but worth it. I am excited for the changes in your life.
Carol Sue

Enjoying life.
Go to Top of Page

babysmama
True Blue Farmgirl

931 Posts

Elizabeth
Iowa
931 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2007 :  6:20:14 PM  Show Profile
It is awesome to be a part of a "family", whether they are your blood relatives or not. I have been lucky to grow up with seven siblings and have a huge assortment of relatives. Seven aunts and uncles from my dad's side and about 20 cousins, Nine aunts and uncles from my mom's side and over 30 cousins and numerous second cousins. That is what makes me want to have a large family myself. I look around at holiday gatherings at my Grandma's house and see all HER decendents. All of us are there because of my Grandma and Grandpa (who has passed). They had ten children, over 30 grandchildren, 13 great-grandchildren, and all those in-laws. Amazing!
-Elizabeth
Go to Top of Page
  Family Matters: Previous Topic From no family to BIG family... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page