Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Baby talk Next Topic  

Shirlaroo
True Blue Farmgirl

297 Posts

Shirley

Australia
297 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2007 :  9:30:16 PM  Show Profile
When my daughter was a toddler for some unknown reason she used to call Coca-Cola, Dar-doe. Ever since then that is what our family has called it. I even asked for a bottle of Dar-Doe at a takeaway once. Had some quick explaning to do there.LOL. My son says Gickle for prickle. My brother used to say eyebrown for eyebrow. My sister-in-law said armbow for elbow (makes more sense). All of these baby words are now used as every day replacements in our family. What have the babies you know said that has stuck.

Friends are the best collectables.

Edited by - Shirlaroo on Oct 04 2007 9:44:52 PM

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2007 :  9:36:40 PM  Show Profile
My oldest son called our second son "The Goober" when he is a baby. We still call him that 90% of the time. He does have a nice name, but it stuck. I am not sure WHAT corey was trying to say, but The Goober stuck.

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2007 :  9:42:11 PM  Show Profile
My second daughter couldn't say her sister name for some reason and called her YA Ya and we all called her that for years. I think until we embarrassed her to death. My girlfriend's boy said tractor for cracker and we still say that. MB

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

Shirlaroo
True Blue Farmgirl

297 Posts

Shirley

Australia
297 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2007 :  9:48:08 PM  Show Profile
I bet your son was trying to say brother, Aunt Jenny. So sweet.

Friends are the best collectables.

Edited by - Shirlaroo on Oct 04 2007 9:49:37 PM
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2007 :  10:53:07 PM  Show Profile
I feel kinda dumb that we didn't think of that..haha. He was only two and I bet that WAS it.

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2007 :  05:45:43 AM  Show Profile
My Grandmother's sister, Bernie, could never pronounce her name as a child (Helen), but for some reason could say "Henel"...that's still, to this day what she and the baby sister call my grandmother.

I said lello for yellow and mazagine instead of m-a-g-a-z-i-n-e, and still say that.

That's funny, Mary Beth, my friend's little boy calls his sister Ya Ya (her name is Lily). It's very cute to hear him yell YAAA YAAAA!!!!!

"She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2007 :  05:54:27 AM  Show Profile
Since my kids are all grown, now that I see this and start thinking about it I remember so many things the little ones said. We had sheep when they were young and my oldest always loved the little 'yams' (lambs). MB

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

a rose
True Blue Farmgirl

443 Posts

Linda
Waterford NY
USA
443 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2007 :  07:10:28 AM  Show Profile
My brother called school-cool My son called his sister Kelly - Kully and still does.

Remember me as a rose.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2007 :  12:08:41 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Well my nickname (Alee) sprang from people and kids not being able to properly pronouce my name Alyssa. All my nieces and nephews called me "Aunt Alee" because when they were little "Alyssa" was too complicated. Of course because at that age they were having a hard time pronouncing everything so it came out "Aunt Owie" LOL

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
http://home.test-afl.tulix.com/aleeandnora/
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4739 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4739 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2007 :  8:45:19 PM  Show Profile
When my brother was little, (he's now 31), he used to call his big wheel his "Wee-Wee". For some odd reason the rest of us started doing it too. Boy did we ever get the weird looks. He also called ice cubes "rocks". We still call them that. Again, no one knows what we're talking about.

Gotta love those family codes.
Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Baby talk Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page