Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Gathered Up
 A call to Farmgirls near & far - you're invited
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Gathered Up: Previous Topic A call to Farmgirls near & far - you're invited Next Topic  

FarrarFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

330 Posts

Lynda
Frohna Missouri
USA
330 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2007 :  11:37:48 PM  Show Profile
This is a repeat of the post in Across the Fence (I think - it's 1:30am, it's hard to think right now, but this must get done), I just wanted to make sure I caught most everyone in case they don't read all the different topics. Thanks for your patience and understanding. Here you go.....

First of all I want to say hello to everyone, it's been a while since I've been on here - again - even though I said I wouldn't let that gap get too big again - look what happened. Anyway, you'll see why in a minute.

Like it says, it's a call to all Farmgirls near and far to come to the 27th Annual Fall Festival in Frohna, MO (it's in between Perryville and Cape Girardeau and over towards the river as you look at a map). I realize it's not feasible or even possible for alot of you, but I also know that many of you travel and you just might be coming through at that time and I didn't want to leave anyone out. For those of you who might be just a bit closer, what a wonderful treat it would be to meet you personally. If you can't physically be here, I ask just one favor and that's if you would be here through prayer. Prayer that it will be well attended, a successful first festival and that the weather will be favorable.

Some of you may remember that about 2 months ago I posted that I had finally landed my farmgirl dream job and I am nwo the curator of an outdoor living museum complete with a log cabin village. I started this past July and the first thing I had to tackle was organizing the annual fall festival. Well guess what, it's only 10 days away! Yikes! I'm starting to get a little nervous.

AT the festival we celebrate "the way it was" for the Saxon Lutheran immigrants who arrived here and settled the area in 1839 by demonstrating crafts and skills of the mid-1800's; cross-cut sawing, picket making, rope making, butchering, soap making, apple butter over an open fire, a wooden wringer washer is used, a blacksmith works at his forge, there is quilting and weaving and hand thrown pottery. We have an outdoor brick oven where homemade bread is baked fresh and served by the slice with your choice of cooked cheese, fresh apple butter or molasses. After you have watched lots of interesting skills, you can stroll through the booths of our 27 artisans/crafters and support their homemade talents. Take a ride in a horse-drawn wagon or buggy then go pet and feed the animals. Local musical entertainment will fill the air and then for fun we are having a beard, mustache and costume contest. Of course, it's not a real festival unless you have lots of local flavors to choose from and you can have your choice of just a sandwich or a plate lunch.

Now that I've got you curious and hopefully excited enough to consider coming, here's the pertinent information. It's a one day festival on Saturday, October 13th from 9am - 4pm. Admission is free along with parking, however you are given an opportunity to make a free-will offering to help support our preservation efforts for future generations to come and enjoy our site.

If you are able to visit and have fun, please introduce yourself and your family to me. I'll be dressed in a brown prairie dress and bonnet and probably running around like a chicken with it's head cut-off. Hopefully not, but just stop me if I am and remind me to breathe and then give me a great big Farmgirl hug so I know it's really you!

I do want to chat with you more about this new adventure, but I think this is enough for one post (no, really it's fairly typical, isn't it?). I want to brainstorm with you all about some ideas I have and don't know where else to turn but here to get some answers.

Please don't hesitate to send me an email if you need directions or other details about the festival. Oh, yeah, we do have room for buses, if you know of a group that would like to attend and save gas by traveling together. Okay, I promise, that's all.

Blessings to you in all that you do and dream.

In His hands,

Lynda
slmlynda@core.com
www.saxonlutheranmemorial.com

Pray in faith and you will not live in doubt.
www.pamperedchef.biz/lorenzfamilycooks

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4179 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4179 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2007 :  04:29:03 AM  Show Profile
Good luck Lynda, hope you have good weather too.

Michele
Go to Top of Page

FarrarFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

330 Posts

Lynda
Frohna Missouri
USA
330 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2007 :  8:34:20 PM  Show Profile
Thanks, Michele, I appreciate your kind thoughts. Blessings to you.

In His hands,

Lynda

Pray in faith and you will not live in doubt.
www.pamperedchef.biz/lorenzfamilycooks
Go to Top of Page

Hideaway Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1553 Posts

Jo
Virginia
USA
1553 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2007 :  05:27:57 AM  Show Profile
Lynda, thanks for the reminder, the update, and the invitation! I hope some of the farmgirls who live nearby are able to attend the festival and keep you loaded up with farmgirl hugs!

Looking forward to hearing more about your work...it's obvious to see (read) how much you are enjoying it.

Good luck with the festival, and don't forget to let us know how it went!

Jo

"Wish I had time to work with herbs all day!"
Go to Top of Page
  Gathered Up: Previous Topic A call to Farmgirls near & far - you're invited Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page