Author Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic EGGS! We have EGGS! Next Topic  

BlueRoseMama
True Blue Farmgirl

51 Posts

Val

51 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2007 :  07:37:07 AM  Show Profile
http://goddesshobbies.blogspot.com/2007/09/our-first-eggs.html

We got our first eggs last week. I didn't update because I have been very sick with a nasty sinus infection. But last night I started doing better and thought I should let you know. We have gotten 6 so far, and the hens are doing well. None from the Aricanas, all from the Buffs and the Rhodies... but still, very exciting! We can't wait to find a blue egg... but the browns have sent the kids out to the coop at the butt crack of dawn every day to see if there are more.

Val

Val ~ I am a whole food cooking, swing pushing, boo-boo kissing, paper crafting, breastfeeding, creative sewing, attachment parenting, woodworking, guitar playing, gardening, constantly reading, artistic and lovely full time, granola lovin' mama to my three sweetlings, Alex (7/20/96), Cyan (7/13/01), and baby Logan (1/22/07).

http://goddesshobbies.blogspot.com/

therealshari
True Blue Farmgirl

235 Posts

Shari
Beryl UT
USA
235 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2007 :  08:41:58 AM  Show Profile  Send therealshari a Yahoo! Message
Congratulations, Val!

Isn't it egg-sighting to find your first eggs?

Mom is now finding at least 7 a day and yesterday we had 10. Got 20 hens, and they're just now starting to lay. When it's all said and done, she's gonna need a bigger basket.

Shari Thomas
farmer, web copywriter, blogger
Shari's Gone Country
Vote for me at "Blog for a year"
Go to Top of Page

Phils Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

1095 Posts

Ann
Parsonsburg Maryland
USA
1095 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2007 :  1:41:14 PM  Show Profile
Val, Great news! Good chickies, and great kids to do the egg hunts for you And, aren't those sinus infections the pits! Glad you're better.

Shari, wow--10!

Ann
Sairy Hill Thicket
There is a Redeemer.
Go to Top of Page

MustangSuzie
True Blue Farmgirl

634 Posts

Sarah
New London Missouri
USA
634 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2007 :  2:17:51 PM  Show Profile  Send MustangSuzie a Yahoo! Message
That is great!! I want to have my own chickens and get fresh eggs too. congrats!

Blessings....
Sarah

www.mustangsuzie.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Duchess
True Blue Farmgirl

109 Posts

Iowa
USA
109 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2007 :  6:18:33 PM  Show Profile
Super about the eggs. In the spring I am going to get a few chicks.
In Mother Earth News they have plans for a portable chicken coop so you can take them out to the garden. It is all inclosed so hawks can't get them or anything else. Building this will be one of my winter projects.

Best of luck with all your critters, Barbara
Go to Top of Page

miraclewelsh
True Blue Farmgirl

138 Posts

Samantha
Northern Wisconsin
USA
138 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2007 :  8:54:04 PM  Show Profile
How fun! That's very exciting-- here's hoping you find some blue eggs soon.

Miracle Welsh Ponies & Cobs
http://www.miraclewelsh.com
Go to Top of Page

BlueRoseMama
True Blue Farmgirl

51 Posts

Val

51 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2007 :  10:01:27 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Duchess

Super about the eggs. In the spring I am going to get a few chicks.
In Mother Earth News they have plans for a portable chicken coop so you can take them out to the garden. It is all inclosed so hawks can't get them or anything else. Building this will be one of my winter projects.

Best of luck with all your critters, Barbara

Little mosters are free range in the evenings. Then they have a coop in the corner they are in for the rest of the day. I am calling them monsters because they ate ALL my chard seedlings. AGAIN! I even stopped them from going in the garden till the chard was bigger... and they still ate it to the ground. Ugh. I will have to figure something else out so they stay out of the garden area.

Val

Val ~ I am a whole food cooking, swing pushing, boo-boo kissing, paper crafting, breastfeeding, creative sewing, attachment parenting, woodworking, guitar playing, gardening, constantly reading, artistic and lovely full time, granola lovin' mama to my three sweetlings, Alex (7/20/96), Cyan (7/13/01), and baby Logan (1/22/07).

http://goddesshobbies.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic EGGS! We have EGGS! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page