Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 OLD DOLL HOUSE FURNITURE AND OTHER GOOD STUFF
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic OLD DOLL HOUSE FURNITURE AND OTHER GOOD STUFF Next Topic  

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2007 :  1:03:17 PM  Show Profile
Found a whole bag of old doll house furniture today, now I will have to look for a doll house, always wanted one to decorate, Tasha Tudor has one why can't I?
Also got some other cute things. I would like to find some little minatures, you know, tiny things for doll houses. Guess that will be one of my new things to look for. My house is getting pretty full, so I could start working on filling up a doll house. Already thinking of all kinds of things, little tiny curtains, tablecloths, little braided rugs, pretty endless on what you could do. BUT FIRST I NEED A DOLL HOUSE.
NANCY JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2007 :  1:23:06 PM  Show Profile
Wow!! that is a lot of itty bitty furniture. Very elegant, a fancy doll house you will have. MB

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2007 :  1:44:02 PM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Nancy Jo! Girl, you hit the jackpot with that doll furniture! Is it marked on it anywhere? I had some in a bag I'd gotten years ago in a thrift store and I've put it in my booth once in a while and I'm surprised at the value of old plastic dollhouse furniture!
Your book looks very interesting, too. Was it really written by a Civil War era woman or is it fiction?

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?" - 'Brother Dave' Gardner
Go to Top of Page

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2007 :  1:49:15 PM  Show Profile
Looks like Renwal (sp?) furniture -- when we get any, we sell each piece individually at the consignment shop, and like Janice says, the value of the old plastic furniture is surprising. Don't you love the ideas of miniature decorating? I love the little mini cereal boxes, tiny vases, little rugs, candlesticks, etc. etc. I think little girls are always fascinated by miniatures -- and we're all still little girls, aren't we??

www.youaretoocreative.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2007 :  2:12:16 PM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Yes, Katie, that's how you spell Renwal. Ideal and Renwal were both big manufacturers of doll furniture. When I was little, I had one of those lithographed metal dollhouses. Some things were painted on the walls and the floors! LOL! Nancy Jo - do any of the pieces have any moving parts? Drawers or doors? You had a very, very good thrift day today.

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?" - 'Brother Dave' Gardner
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2007 :  3:03:48 PM  Show Profile
Janice, I had a doll house when I was little like the one you had. Metal with walls all decorated. Yes lots of drawers and doors.I found the mark RENWAL ON THREE OF THE PIECES, the others I can't find a mark.
Katie, yes, I would love a doll house now just so I could play with all the tiny things.
Thankyou for the info girls, I knew it was a good thing to buy, but didn't know it was that good.
NANCY JO

Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2007 :  3:08:27 PM  Show Profile
Janice,
Yes the book is a real diary.
NANCY JO

Go to Top of Page

JudyBlueEyes
True Blue Farmgirl

657 Posts

Judith
Spokane Washington
USA
657 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2007 :  4:13:10 PM  Show Profile
Oh, Nancy Jo, I am so envious of the doll house furniture! I, too, lust after a doll house. Of course my taste runs to the champagne variety...a while back, Franklin Mint had a completely furnished Rose Cottage doll house that had all darling wee furniture and fixtures. It was fashioned on an English cottage and had that kind of kitchen with an old stove, all the little dishes, silverware, pots & pans, linens, EVERYTHING, and in the living room, bedroom and bath. I LUSTED after that. But all told it would have been about $1500 and I just couldn't go that...I have noodled around on ebay, and found the house, but not the furnishings. I am wondering if there aren't a few in a back closet at Franklin Mint somewhere, or if they let them go to the employees for $25... *sigh* I still have the catalogue that Franklin Mint sent and I look at it every now and again. It is really too sweet. Oh well. You have fun with that doll house!

We come from the earth, we go back to the earth, and in between, we garden!
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2007 :  4:16:15 PM  Show Profile
Wouldn't that be the best Judy, if we could have one like that to play with? Keep that catalog you never know.
NANCY JO

Go to Top of Page

Nance in France
True Blue Farmgirl

1438 Posts

Nancy
St. Laurent de la Salanque
France
1438 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2007 :  03:06:20 AM  Show Profile
Bonjour, gals! Forget the furniture, I want the watering can (ha)! Nancy Jo, as usual, you astound me/us with your good eye for bargains, good fortune in the hunt, and beautifully decorated mansion! Keep us inspired! Hugs, Nance
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2007 :  05:05:16 AM  Show Profile
Nance!! you come home next week right?? oh boy, bet you have so much to do when you get back. I know when I just go away for the day, I get behind. Yes that little china water can is a cutie. I need a mansion!! That is why I was thinking a doll house to decorate might be a good place to put my manic self.
NANCY JO

Go to Top of Page

Amie C.
True Blue Farmgirl

2099 Posts

Finger Lakes Region NY
2099 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2007 :  05:37:26 AM  Show Profile
What beautiful furniture! Funny, I found a large Victorian style dollhouse on the curb (!) just before Christmas last year. It needs some repair and remodeling, and has no furniture. Hmmm...maybe we should find a way to put our finds together?
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2007 :  07:38:51 AM  Show Profile
AMIE, LUCKY YOU!!!!!

Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2007 :  07:43:02 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Good girl, Amie! That curb thing can really work! I've found stuff(old farmhouse sink) for the house and stuff to sell in my booth all set out for curbside junk pickup. Somebody's junk really is somebody else's treasure! Can you show us a photo of your old dollhouse? That's really a major find!

Go to Top of Page

Nance in France
True Blue Farmgirl

1438 Posts

Nancy
St. Laurent de la Salanque
France
1438 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2007 :  09:25:15 AM  Show Profile
Hey Nancy Jo! Yep, flying back next Tuesday, into JFK airport this time since my oldest friend lives in NJ and asked me a month ago if I could swing that, and if so she'd pick me up and take me to her house for a couple of days, then drive to my house and spend two days with me! We may take in a matinee play in NYC according to her, so I won't have time to swing by your place and "borrow" a few pansies and mums. Maybe I can get the pilot to beep the horn when we fly over your house..... Nance (heading home) from France
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2007 :  2:16:35 PM  Show Profile
Nance, will be glad to have you back in the states, please come steal some of my flowers, I would love to see you.
Amie, yes would love to see a picture of the doll house.
NANCY JO

Go to Top of Page

vintagegrl
True Blue Farmgirl

280 Posts

Jeanette
NH
USA
280 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2007 :  3:34:39 PM  Show Profile
Nancy, you always get the neatest stuff! Great find on the dollhouse furniture.
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic OLD DOLL HOUSE FURNITURE AND OTHER GOOD STUFF Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page