Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 New Apron(and more) Sew-a-long...cont. from before
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic New Apron(and more) Sew-a-long...cont. from before Next Topic
Page: of 598

Bonne
True Blue Farmgirl

3003 Posts

Bonne
Littleton CO
USA
3003 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2007 :  5:36:46 PM  Show Profile
That's it! Tomorrow is 99cent Monday at Saver's (thrift)
All those dang wool sweaters "should be" cheap. No one likes them
because they are high maintenance, so here's hoping they price them right.
I need more batting too, for these kitty beds. People are always donating batting.
Geez, all these things I've passed over b/4, now I need them!! LOL
Still thinking I need a Tuff-Shed just to store craft supplies.

http://bonne1313.blogspot.com/ Blog
http://www.bonne1313.homestead.com/soap.html Soap
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2007 :  5:40:21 PM  Show Profile
hmmmm....i wish i had a savers
Go to Top of Page

cinnamongirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1682 Posts

Carrie

Canada
1682 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2007 :  6:25:55 PM  Show Profile
Busy busy girls!
Jess you did a wonderful job for Halloween. Your kids will have great memories.
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2007 :  6:28:09 PM  Show Profile
thanks carrie!!!!
Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2007 :  11:29:27 AM  Show Profile
What is everyone up to today? I worked on oven door towels this past weekend. I have these wonderful horse towels, but couldn't figure how I was going to fold them so that the horses along the right and left side would show, but I figured it out, and WOHOO! I am happy. I just need a lot of blue buttons and I will be done. YIPEE! Definitely need them for the upcoming show in horse country.

Show is a little over two weeks and as usual, I am not ready. I still have reorganize my trailer.

www.countrynmore.com
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZfabrics4u23
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2007 :  11:37:08 AM  Show Profile
well...i am trying to finish my sewing room so i can sew in it and actually eat in my dining room! novel idea huh!!?? and them move my computer to my sewing room instead of here next to the stove. It is convenient here, and i can jump on often, but c'mon a comp next to my stove...jeez!!!! So, I am just still doing this...I could have built a house in the time it has taken me to move my sewing room!
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2007 :  11:48:25 AM  Show Profile
i Am SOOO excited for you Tootsie!!

Can't wait to see the finished product!

In a World Where you Can Be Anything, Be Yourself..
Go to Top of Page

Kati
True Blue Farmgirl

76 Posts

Kati
North Pole AK
USA
76 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2007 :  12:11:27 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by smoothiejuice

hmmmm....

Kati....glad you like the outfit. Carmen loves it. My mother hated AG dols, so my sisters and I have none. It never bothered me, but apparently my sisters really had a hard time with it. So, when my daughter started showing interest about 18 months ago, I kind of blew it off. My sisters both let me know that I needed to reconsider. My sister apparently had all the catalogs from when she was a kid that she had gotten from her friends and she had them still in a box. She got them out to show me and there were all the things she had wanted circled and marked birthday or christmas, etc. She never got one thing, so I decided I should give them a try. Let me tell you...I am the one who has turned into a doll person after never playing with one as a child.

It turns out that Kirsten is from the same period our house was built, so we started with her and her story...my daughter loves her!!!! LOVES!!!!! So naturally she would be her for Halloween, and now everyday since. She doesn't know it, but Josefina is for Christmas...I am going to try to make her meet outfit, too...but I am not sure she will love her as much as Kirsten.

Oooh, your daughter is so lucky to have a mom who shares her passion. My mom wouldn't have minded, but the dolls cost a small fortune (even then). My daughter, Tay, started wanting a doll about a year ago. I told her that she could have a Kaya doll when I got my Kirsten doll. *grin* Then this last winter I went ahead & bought myself a Kirsten Mini-doll for my birthday, and Tay got the Emily mini-doll (because the bookstore didn't have Kaya) for Easter. *grin* The Kaya mini-doll is going to be one of her stocking stuffers this year.

Best of luck with the Josephina costume! I'm sure it'll be absolutely beautiful. Of course you simply must post a picture when you get it completed.
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2007 :  12:41:27 PM  Show Profile
0h Miss Juice, guess what arrived t0day.....
Yep a l0vely b0x at my mailb0x, with the cutest cutest darn baby cr0cheted mini tennis sh0es y0u have ever seen. Thanks f0r c0vering my 0n the 0ther swap girl!!!! Ya kn0w what I mean!!!!!
Yep siree, we have c0ntact!!!!!!l0l

N0w I g0tta g0 back and catch up 0n the last 3 pages......
CS

listening to the quiet moments
www.Quitemoments.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2007 :  12:46:26 PM  Show Profile
)h BEv h0w I can relate 0n the maj0r backed up pr0jects and I am beginning t0 freak 0ut a little cause Christmas is just ar0und the c0rner....and y0u w0uld just keep the fabric and stare at it....what a ri0t

Jess, have t0 g0 l00k in the catal0gue may have g0tten the wr0ng name.....

Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2007 :  12:54:24 PM  Show Profile
0h B0nnie when y0u g0nna drive up here and get me s0 we can travel t0 Bev's f0r a vacati0n girl!!!!!!!
I wanna play at Bev's farm....sigh....

Jess, yippie girl y0ur sewing r00m and d0esn't it b0ggle y0ur mind when y0u start t0 m0ve everything int0 0ne place h0w much y0u had everywhere, then y0u brain has t0 figure 0ut h0w t0 0rganize it all 0ver again, girl, that is a daunting task!!!!!!!!

Yep Yep mailservice likes us girliek, it just takes l0nger cause I live far away....sigh....wihs I lived cl0ser I w0uld c0me 0ver f0r a cup 0f tea......dreaming.....
0kay, g0tta g0 get that last bl00d draw, yippeee, then that part is all d0ne....at least f0r n0w....then I can eat...it was a fasting 0ne and I am hungry......later girlies....
CS

Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2007 :  1:14:14 PM  Show Profile
oh good...hope your grandson can use those!!!!
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2007 :  1:18:43 PM  Show Profile
when he is born of course!
Go to Top of Page

Bonne
True Blue Farmgirl

3003 Posts

Bonne
Littleton CO
USA
3003 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2007 :  1:37:04 PM  Show Profile
oOOOOOOOoooo that would mean lots of mountain climbing. Do you think my 20yr old Blazer would make it over all those passes? I hate traveling anymore. If it takes more than 3 hrs to get there,it's too far. LOL That means flying, but I hate the airport too! No wonder I never travel!

Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2007 :  1:45:25 PM  Show Profile
well...you could join cs on the train and i will come pick you both up!
Go to Top of Page

Bee Haven Maven
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

Beverly
Pennsylvania
USA
1862 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2007 :  2:11:22 PM  Show Profile  Send Bee Haven Maven an AOL message
Yeah, carol Sue you got your package.....phew glad I gave Jess the right address....how bout it Jess!!! I have done no sewing today....pathetic. I did go out and get one of the girls a sewing machine for her Christmas present though.

I have to go out of town with Jack on Weds.....will be holed up in a hotel for 3 days while he does some continuing ed and meetings......debating if I should drag the sewing machine.....hmmmmm. I do have a ton of hand work to do, but keep thinking that I could get so much done with that much concentrated time. We are going to some spa resort, but I am not much of a spa person...seems like a lot of money for massages that only give you a few hours of feeling great....so sewing it will be!!! And I may take the laptop so I can still play with you guys!

Visit my workshop at: www.beehavenmaven.blogspot.com
Visit our farm at: www.beehavenacres.blogspot.com
Aprons and other fun things for sale at: www.honeybeez.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2007 :  2:23:58 PM  Show Profile
bev....go get the freakin massage...and make sure the masseuse is really young, tight bodied and hot hot hot!! It brings you pleasure for more than a few hours!!! Take the sewing machine, but get the massage first!!!!! Jeez woman...thanks for the address for cs!
Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2007 :  2:32:31 PM  Show Profile
O.K. I am changing this message. Take your sewing machine. I personally like to go to places where I can take a hike. I am not into the spa treatments. One time my dh wanted me to come along on a business trip, but then I would be stuck in a hotel while he was at the conference. I couldn't do it anyway, since I had two young boys at home, and I most certainly would be bored out of my mind.

www.countrynmore.com

Edited by - countrynmore on Nov 05 2007 3:25:36 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bonne
True Blue Farmgirl

3003 Posts

Bonne
Littleton CO
USA
3003 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2007 :  3:18:01 PM  Show Profile
LOL! She's got a hot man , why mess with "boys".

Now is when a Featherweight would come in handy. Hmmmm.....have to mention that to
my hub. "gee honey, when we go to your annual 3 day conference at the mountain resort,
I get so bored just knitting~a Featherweight sewing machine would be just the ticket!
Keep me out of trouble , and the massage parlour......." ROFL!

How fun to shop for a new sewing machine, even if you are gifting it. ;)

Ooooo that reminds me, I haven't checked out Craig's List today.......

Edited by - Bonne on Nov 05 2007 3:19:33 PM
Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2007 :  3:23:09 PM  Show Profile
True Bonnie, that she does. She most certainly has a handsome husband. I personally would be embarrassed to have a man give me a massage. I would rather sew.

www.countrynmore.com
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2007 :  3:28:15 PM  Show Profile
well...my husband buys me massages from a hot guy for Valentines, Christmas, and anniversaries..I do not mind it and do not get embarassed. There is always someone worse that they have seen. I even get em more often when I am pregnanT!!!! JOhn loves gettin em for me and I love receiving them!!!! And...John's not a bad looking fellow! So, I will keep getting my massages, and you all will just have to miss out!!!
Go to Top of Page

tribalcime
True Blue Farmgirl

2963 Posts

lisa
lexington ky
USA
2963 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2007 :  3:34:53 PM  Show Profile
I love massages ! I get one from a friend every week. I feel like a million dollars for couple of days after it . I like the deep muscle ones --it loosens up knots you dont know you have.

LIfe is a witch ~~~ and then ya fly !! Items i look for in a barter .http://tribalwitch.blogspot.com/ http://people.tribe.net/0ab53fca-f8de-4477-ab56-85ff9484b93d
Go to Top of Page

AuntJo
True Blue Farmgirl

117 Posts

Jo
Oklahoma
USA
117 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2007 :  3:57:11 PM  Show Profile

Simplicity 3979 for my skinny as a rail niece.

Aunt Jo to 24 nieces and nephews and counting
http://auntjoscorner.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2007 :  4:04:56 PM  Show Profile
simplicity 3979? i love it...i just made 2!!!!
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2007 :  4:42:22 PM  Show Profile

my sewing room is almost done!!!!!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 598 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic New Apron(and more) Sew-a-long...cont. from before Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page